• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD's fortunes rise as more graphics cards move in Q3 2016

TheExodu5

Banned
I really hope a shift to AMD pushes NVidia to support Freesync. I doubt it, but I can dream. It sucks to have to pay $400 more for a monitor to have GSync.

Chastten

Banned
Ow wow, this thread is just like a typical Nintendo thread. Never knew people were such a big fan of hardware that weren't actual console's.

Good news for AMD, hope they can keep delivering. Currently using an old 650Ti from my brother but I'm still in the market for a RX460/470 next year and whatever new CPU they manage to release.

Jebusman

Banned
Ow wow, this thread is just like a typical Nintendo thread. Never knew people were such a big fan of hardware that weren't actual console's.

The GPU wars have been raging since time eternal. Everybody needs to justify their purchase one way or another.

I would definitely like to see AMD be a little more competitive on the CPU side of things, if only to try and drive the price of everything Intel down a notch. Here's hoping Zen isn't the burning pile of garbage Bulldozer turned out to be.

pislit

I'm pretty sure AMD is getting, ehem, bulldozed in SEA and India because Nvidia is cheaper in price in "equal" cards (1060 vs 480, 1050ti vs 470, 1050 vs 460).

ethomaz

Banned
So they are losing the market share they won before Polaris even so they are selling more GPUs.

That is not bad.

I couldn't wait for 490, so I bought two 480s one was for my wife. When the 490 comes out, I'll buy her one of those and put her current 480 in my PC in crossfire.

I also plan to replace my 2500K with Zen, though...

The market needs competition and AMD offerings are decent bang for the buck.

I guess a few people agree...

it just exposes what a sensitive brand warrior you are.

That said, it's only fair that I corroborate that, especially with their forum ambassadors putting in overtime.

Again, I just want to reiterate that I'm saying this with all due respect.

With all due respect, why on earth are you so sensitive about a corporation that made a bad CPU architecture and incompetently managed itself for five years straight?

The underdog effect is so strong. AMD did this to themselves at the worst possible moment.

OT: Glad they claimed some of the territory back. I've just bought another 1080 and that will do me for a while, but I really hope they can nail it with Vega. HBM2 sounds incredible. Zen, I'm less interested about with the talk that it runs like a six-core Intel; making it a sidegrade for me. Still, if they can get it wedged into a competitive price, godspeed to them.

Although, their prices don't mean anything in Japan, because AMD CPU's always get overpriced to hell here.

Despite being factual the bu bu bu but actually AMD lost .8% market share in the last quarter to Nvidia are glaringly self indulgent fan boy posts. I say this as a 1070 owner.

AMD gained 10% market share since last year and that's great for everyone.

AMD are doing great all around. The GPU hardware is fantastic (I love my RX 480) and will be even better with the rumoured Vega cards in January (?), the drivers are even better than the nVidia counterparts these days and their CPU and mainframe businesses will take a huge lift with Zen coming very soon.

My only gripe is that they don't have something equivalent to nV's GameStream so I can't use their GPUs to stream to a Raspberry Pi using Moonlight..

Top Bottom