• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

I've been pretty confused by the mixed messages from Nintendo; is it confirmed that Villager/Wii Fit/Marth are totally discontinued?

It seems weird that they wouldn't at least restock Villager; isn't Animal Crossing one of Nintendo's biggest franchises in recent years?

Jawmuncher

I've been pretty confused by the mixed messages from Nintendo; is it confirmed that Villager/Wii Fit/Marth are totally discontinued?

It seems weird that they wouldn't at least restock Villager; isn't Animal Crossing one of Nintendo's biggest franchises in recent years?

They really just don't want to give a straight answer to give the sales the boost they currently have. As was seen at NInitendo World Store they have received newer shipment of those 3.

They really just don't want to give a straight answer to give the sales the boost they currently have. As was seen at NInitendo World Store they have received newer shipment of those 3.

Or they're just actually not sure.

The non-answers make me think they're arguing with NoJ about it.

Now waiting for Pit in the mail:

cWkh12z.jpg

Crayolan

My parents dragged me along to go see the big Christmas tree in NYC, giving me an excuse to go to the NWS, since it's right there in the Rockefeller Center too. I looked for the amiibos first and though they only had the standard "these will never run out" amiibos on display, I got lucky and they had Captain Falcon (the one I was looking for), WFT, and Diddy behind the counter. I picked up Cap and WFT and with my remaining money got that beautiful Zelda shirt. They even put a little Nintendo Seal of Quality on it!

I don't really want WFT though so I'm not sure if I'm gonna sell her to fund future amiibos I do want or see if I can trade her for a villager.

Toki767

That's good to know. If you don't mind me asking, which forwarding service did you use and how was their packaging?

I used Big In Japan. Their packaging was great. They used a piece of cardboard and put the amiibo boxes against it and sealed it in plastic so that the amiibo boxes wouldn't get bent, then they put that in the actual box.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I heard there's a thread for trading amiibo (excluding perhaps the Buy/Sell/Trade thread)? If anything, I could possibly get a Diddy Kong for someone & maybe trade for a Fox, considering both are in a weird limbo of "rare for some, common for other".

I'm guessing there's no way of trading with someone who lives near Nintendo World in NYC.

Gurrry

WOW! Guys I just got Pit and Captain Falcon at a gamestop about 20 mins from my house!

Someone mentioned to check the store availability on GS website and low and behold, they had a pit!!! The guy held it for me and I was apparently the last one! (austin texas)

Here is my collection so far, I have 6 others on the way, including the holy trinity which has apparently shipped as of today!

IMG_2236.jpg

Now... how do I get these damn stickers off without messing up the boxes?!?! Damn you gamestop!

Gurrry

And wow.. I just realized that this Falcon is an imported one. And I got it at Gamestop. It has a few extra languages under neath the name. Very strange..

olimpia84

Just came back from Best Buy aaand...got Falcon but not Pit (had them preordered for store pickup). This sucks ball. The lady told me that they will receive Pit amiibos in a few days and I notice this is what they've told people in my situation. Is this legit or are they just BSing people?

prateeko

Now... how do I get these damn stickers off without messing up the boxes?!?! Damn you gamestop!

I use Un-Du and it works like a freakin' charm every single time. You put a little on, let it penetrate, and peel at a corner. It dies by itself and leaves no residue. You can find it at Wal-Mart or crafts stores like Michael's.

Gurrry

I use Un-Du and it works like a freakin' charm every single time. You put a little on, let it penetrate, and peel at a corner. It dies by itself and leaves no residue. You can find it at Wal-Mart or crafts stores like Michael's.

Luckily these stickers were brand new and came off super easily. They must have put them on within an hour or two. They look perfect!

Fandangox

Two fellow Amiibo hunters came into my job today huntin' for some of Wave 2. We still haven't gotten any in though, so I had to turn them down. Still got plenty of the regular ol' Wave 1 crowd though.

This is for the Walmart in Miramar, FL.

Did you try the target or TRUs at Pembroke Lakes'? The target usually has nothing, but that's where I got my Falcon, and the TRUs usually has Luigis, Zeldas and Diddies.

ChrisD

And wow.. I just realized that this Falcon is an imported one. And I got it at Gamestop. It has a few extra languages under neath the name. Very strange..

Mine was like that. Does that mean it's an import? Still had the 6+ in the corner, so that alone says it's the US version from what I've seen. Still found it weird that he was the only one with multiple languages. Got it from GameStop a little over a week ago... Now wait and see GameStop is running an underground amiibo Black Market where they sell imports as NA versions. :p

"...using scarcity to promote consumer uncertainty and drive consumers to purchase the toys immediately."

Yup. Worked on me

Just the proximity of these posts here.

rjinaz

Lol what? Wow either a weird shipping error by Nintendo or an employee switched them out after importing one.

Edit: Just checked, the US version comes with other languages for the name. The main in English then two others in different languages below it. Back looks all English though.

Gurrry

Lol what? Wow either a weird shipping error by Nintendo or an employee switched them out after importing one.

Yeah man veryyyy weird.

I have a Falcon ordered at amazon but it hasnt shipped yet. Ill either cancel it, or keep it and re-sell it. Looks like he and Pit are becoming pretty scarce.

I still dont have a Fox though.. Frys did charge my card but hasnt confirmed theyre sending one yet.

I really doubt he will be the rare one. Id put money on an earthbound announcement next yea before id put money on him being rare in fact.

Amiibobound, the new Mother-inspired game. Build a party out of your Amiibos and adventure through the nintendo universe in a classic SNES style JRPG

Special "scratch and sniff" edition Ness Amiibo comes packed in. And a strategy guide.

Crayolan

The Falcon I got from the NWS has that too. Same for the WFT. I don't think it's an import, characters with different names in different languages probably just have spanish and french below their names for the US version.

Geedorah

Holy CRAP I'm a lucky man - my ex-roomate/best-friend and his new wife just gave me my Christmas present a little late...

YxHP1Ru.jpg

They got me the last three figures I needed to complete my collection - without even knowing I needed them!

My heart won't stop racing, so happy right now!

Gurrry

Holy CRAP I'm a lucky man - my ex-roomate/best-friend and his new wife just gave me my Christmas present a little late...

YxHP1Ru.jpg

They got me the last three figures I needed to complete my collection - without even knowing I needed them!

My heart won't stop racing, so happy right now!

Mannnn you opened em all huh?

I cant decide what I want to do yet. I have all of mine in the box still... Not sure if I want to open them yet.

I really doubt he will be the rare one. Id put money on an earthbound announcement next yea before id put money on him being rare in fact.

Don't you dare do this to me man. That is quite the prophecy. Hell, one reason I am getting the Ness amiibo day one is to support Earthbound. I dream one day they will officially release Mother 1 and 3 for the rest of the world.

Jawmuncher

The Title for the next thread has to be scalper related at this point. I have 100 rosalinas preordered. Since that has been a thing. But I would love to see something better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom