• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

Contact gamestop customer care, Be warned you'll be in queue for awhile. I just talked to them recently regarding my order and the damaged. They're very helpful

Thanks for the heads up. I did end up waiting forever (killed time playing Smash) only to have the customer care representative basically tell me tough shit—warehouse is sold out, can't replace products bought in-store with online inventory and all regional inventory is sold out. Will sleep on it, but looks like me and damaged Falcon are gonna be soulmates. It's my redemption story. Lifetime movie, if you will. (I don't know what I'm talking about).

dat tease :(

Thanks for the heads up. I did end up waiting forever (killed time playing Smash) only to have the customer care representative basically tell me tough shit—warehouse is sold out, can't replace products bought in-store with online inventory and all regional inventory is sold out. Will sleep on it, but looks like me and damaged Falcon are gonna be soulmates. It's my redemption story. Lifetime movie, if you will. (I don't know what I'm talking about).

Ah man that sucks, sorry to hear that.

SalvaPot

SalvaPot, can't thank you enough man. It arrived. Daughter loved it. Could care less about the dent. She has it on her shelf and knows how hard these are to track down.

UJI4jd8.jpg

I didn´t saw this until now xD, I was worried you didn´t get it because I send it without a guide. Good thing it arrived safe and sound to its new home. Its great she loves it! You are welcome, we are all together in this =D.

i-Jest

Rosalina being a limited retailer exclusive in NA still baffles me.

I mean, cmon:

Ob5OJES.png

Somehow I don't think this will be the case for Canada. I just have a feeling that Rosilina will go fast. If Metaknight is anything to go by she'll be sold out within a couple hours. Any future restock that comes along will follow the same trend.

I just want to secure my Rosilina and Lucario before I miss the boat.

Horohoro

Honestly you guys are just lucky you saw the button if you read my story I posted earlier you'd know just how much you are lucky :( also strange some ppl saw it and others like myself didn't as like I said I've had an eye on it for over a month now this would make 7 times that button has been live and 3 times ppl have been able to checkout...

Horohoro

Welp call me or yell over the internet if Rosalina pops up again for anybody :( I'll go back to setting up my arduino, pi, and nfc rfid reader to see if I can find anything interesting on my amiibos...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My roommate was out doing laundry when my delivery came! :(

Now I have to wait till Monday after work!

charlie-brown-basebalpeswf.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I want my other Captain Falcons to show up already. With my name you can't expect me not to get more than one.

Ibuki

Banned
Yeah it's orderable... the same way a Cadillac dipped in gold is "orderable." All I see are sellers upcharging for Pit.

When I posted I had gotten a now in stock notification, it actually was available directly from Amazon and said it would be in stock on January 5th. It went away quickly apparently.

Well thanks to the tireless work of you Amiibros and gals, I'm pretty sure I have Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and most importantly Pit coming via Amazon.

Guess I can cool off until it's time to get Toon Link, Rosalina, and Mega Man in a month.

I only have one Meta Knight ordered for in store pick up at Best Buy. They're gonna screw me over, I know it. What are the chances I actually get it on release day? 0% orrrr..?

Horohoro

I only have one Meta Knight ordered for in store pick up at Best Buy. They're gonna screw me over, I know it. What are the chances I actually get it on release day? 0% orrrr..?

Well judging by neogaf idk but my own experience with 74 in store pickups in counting with all 3 of my local best buys have been flawless minus the big ass sticker the put everything... But to each there own each store is different and friendly with game staff at all of mine.

I ordered in store pickup as well cause i didnt want to wait for shipping hearing horror stories here I dont think is a good indicator because i think the more general experience is pretty good. Id say pct would be 90% chance of no issues.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Well thanks to the tireless work of you Amiibros and gals, I'm pretty sure I have Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and most importantly Pit coming via Amazon.

Guess I can cool off until it's time to get Toon Link, Rosalina, and Mega Man in a month.

I would look into pre-ordering the ones you can now. And just importing Rosalina.

Horohoro

I would look into pre-ordering the ones you can now. And just importing Rosalina.

After all our fuss is said and done and we get rosie I bet out of wave 3 it'll be like super difficult to get like sonic or ike... And rosalina per target is as plentiful as mario in any other store idk why but I got a gut feeling telling me that will be true somehow in the end after all the time ive stayed up trying to get a preorder... Someone please tell me im wrong...

Also yes once again Mr. M1nion I am up... Refreshing away lol

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
After all our fuss is said and done and we get rosie I bet out of wave 3 it'll be like super difficult to get like sonic or ike... And rosalina per target is as plentiful as mario in any other store idk why but I got a gut feeling telling me that will be true somehow in the end after all the time ive stayed up trying to get a preorder... Someone please tell me im wrong...

Sonic will never touch my night stand but i do see Ike being an issue. That's why order 2 of him. Hope your right about in-store Rosalinas though. That would really pop the amiibo scalping bubble I think.

You've lost to much sleep because of her Mr. Greenwolfe7. :D and February is pretty far away. Lol

Horohoro

Sonic well never touch my night stand but i do see Ike being an issue. That's why order 2 if him. Hope your right about in-store Rosalinas though. That would really pop the amiibo scalping bubble I think.
Thats true yeah I got a set preordered from TRU andanother from gamestop for all wave 3 as well 2 different orders for each of the exclusives per store minus the obvious lol. If I ever get through im gonna pick you one up just you'll have an American one lol.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Thats true yeah I got a set preordered from TRU andanother from gamestop for all wave 3 as well 2 different orders for each of the exclusives per store.

What really sucks is that I have to order two not because I want two. It because I don't know what order will come through or not. These cancellations are freaking killing me and an article today said there is more to come for people who ordered from TRU (AGAIN)

espher

My Diddy (mailed to me by a friend) and import Villager arrived this week, and my two copies of Wave 2B are in transit from amazon.ca, so that's all of Wave 1 and Wave 2 done in duplicate.

Only outstanding parts of Wave 3 are Rosalina (can't pre-order in Canada and I need at least one NA box) and Lucario (waiting on toysrus.ca to open those pre-orders), as I've got the non-exclusives pre-ordered in duplicate from Amazon and have my Meta Knight (BB) and Shulk (importing from US) pre-orders in.

The stress is legit gone. Feels good, man.

FSLink

Banned
Please tell me you added those chat logs from scalper John in a special section called " Logics of the Competition"

How about we just not give this guy any attention?

I'm still waiting for my Diddy, Zelda, Luigi, Captain Falcon from Best Buy (preordered them online to ship to my place). Already received Little Mac.

Preordered Lucario and Rosalina off of Play Asia (JPN versions). Preordered Ike, Shulk, and Dedede from Gamestop, and the rest off of Best Buy (GCU).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm trying to see if I can post it now so I can go to sleep and not have to wake up early to post it lol.

Do it.

When Smash POTD Thread were so close to 20k. I don't want to wait until it hit 20k so I can sleep. Instead of waiting for thread to hit 20k, I always make thread early so I can sleep. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom