• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, just got off the phone w/ TRU. They offered me a $10 coupon off my next purchase. I told them I didn't want to place another order, as I have no confidence in their system and that the deal on the order they cancelled was supposed to be a gesture of good will after a previous cancellation. Finally got them to credit my debit card for the order's amount, although we will see if that even goes through. I'm also not too optimistic about my pre-orders for Wave 3.

Look who came in the mail today!

tumblr_nhk576jpfe1r6rsa8o1_1280.jpg

And here's all of the ones I've got so far:

Waiting on wave 3 now. Didn't expect to pick up most of these (originally just wanted Kirby, Pit, Little Mac, Capt Falcon, Wii Fit, Dedede, Mega Man, and Lucina) but gift cards make me spend more than I expected, especially with that TRU discount going on. So I got a lot of the common ones too.

Looking forward to wave 3, getting Mega Man, Dedede, Toon Link, and Sonic from that. Maybe Bowser too but I have a feeling he'll have a really good Mario Party 10 Amiibo and I want to see if it's got a better pose. Was intending to do that for the other Mario characters but I got greedy.

TRU cancelled my Captain Falcon from Wednesday. I checked it this morning and it showed item located in stock.

It sucks I was really happy I got one ordered. Now I kinda don't even want to bother trying to order any others from them. The hunt continues.

Uh oh, I hope mine doesn't get cancelled. I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

So TRU just screwed me for a second time as well.

They cancelled my original order a few weeks back and now have cancelled the order that was supposed to correct this"technical issue".

Good luck to everyone else with their orders.

Meeps

My TRU Falcon and Pit that I ordered through their previously cancelled order method was cancelled too. I ordered them on the 24th. Anyone make any progress with customer service yet? This is crazy. :D

Illucio

Banned
I think I am done relying on TRU, anyone knows when they are supposed to have Captain Falcon and Pit in the stores in the USA?

Try going on Websites like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Gamestop to check and see if any of them are in-stock in your local stores.

Velcro Fly

Now onto day 8 of preparing order with no confirmation of shipping. Card has been charged though so I imagine it's either been shipped days ago and they just haven't updated their system or it's being shipped later today. I've about had it though.

styl3s

So has anyone done toys'r'us in-store? I noticed they were doing buy 1 get 1 40% off an my store has Link, Zelda, Samus, Donkey, Kirby and Pikachu which are my main ones i wanted so i put in a order but im wondering if i should lower my expectations of it actually going through or if im just being a dumb dumb since i have never done a in-store order and these are probably the least rare ones out there.

I told myself i wouldn't be sucked into this but now there is no turning back
im going to stop by best buy, 2 targets and wal-mart on the way home

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
|OT2| More times cancelled than Futurama.
Hahaha, maybe rearrange it a bit, but I got a good laugh out of this, considering I'm a Futurama fan.

Still no word on how long Toys R Us' Buy 1 Get 40% off deal lasts? I checked the terms/conditions but there was no expiration date.

Horohoro

Hahaha, maybe rearrange it a bit, but I got a good laugh out of this, considering I'm a Futurama fan.

Still no word on how long Toys R Us' Buy 1 Get 40% off deal lasts? I checked the terms/conditions but there was no expiration date.

|OT2| Firefly level cancellation!

Horohoro

I'm all in favor of a title that has something to do with Mass cancellation or something with 100 Rosalinas, or even difficultly of finding them.

Like |OT2|
But do you have 100 Rosalina's Preordered
Preorder cancelled, But its not even been produced yet!
So there's a Marth in stock... in Alaska...
F5F5F5F5
Rosalina Available... at 4am... for 30 seconds...
0 items added to cart

anything along those lines.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
amiibo |OT2| Them's the Pits
amiibo |OT2| Heeeeeere's Rosy! Nevermind, she's gone.
amiibo |OT2| They're all sold out. I can feel it in my amiibones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom