• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if pre-orders in store are going to be web-only I guess there's no point in waking up early to head by gamestop? May as well stay at home and pre-order online.

Hahahaha NO. You bring your mobile internet device with you as you wait in line at gamestop. If you get the preorder online, then you may leave. If their website crashes, at least you're in line.

Lonnie413

For such an informative thread I don't see anywhere when preorders go up. Anyone have information???

Tomorrow is gamestop exclusive Ness. How do I get one?
Also, have the others been announced?
Retailers are supposed to announce them, only GameStop has and some places say all wave 4, some say just Ness.

Hahahaha NO. You bring your mobile internet device with you as you wait in line at gamestop. If you get the preorder online, then you may leave. If their website crashes, at least you're in line.

Pre-order with credit card on mobile

Pre-order with Debit in store?

Twice the goodness....Could it work?

Kilau

Gold Member

Yeah, that is what I am going to do lol.

Since nothing new ever gets reported and no wave 4 news, I just came to congratulate Diggeh on the thread! Here here to my Line App buddy and sometimes nemesis.

A few weeks ago my credit card got stolen. A jilted, recently-ex co-worker gave away her login to the register system to some dude in Russia who used it to wreak havoc on our store's systems. The bank has been giving me the runaround, but yesterday I was finally told that my new credit card has been shipped and I just need to wait 7-10 business days for it to arrive in the mail. "Thank God," I thought. "I'll have my card in time for wave 4 preorders."

Then Nintendo announces Ness going on sale less than 24 hours beforehand.

Fuckin'... like, whatever. Whatever!

Anyways. Is ALL of wave 4 going up for pre-order tomorrow, or just Ness?

A few weeks ago my credit card got stolen. A jilted, recently-ex co-worker gave away her login to the register system to some dude in Russia who used it to wreak havoc on our store's systems. The bank has been giving me the runaround, but yesterday I was finally told that my new credit card has been shipped and I just need to wait 7-10 business days for it to arrive in the mail. "Thank God," I thought. "I'll have my card in time for wave 4 preorders."

When is Charizard going up for pre-order? I NEED HIM!!!

All of Wave 4 for Gamestop (2PM CT). No other news for other retailers.

alf717

Last night my hopes went up with my PygeHD order because I actually thought my Amiibo collection was going somewhere. Then my order got canceled. Damn that still stings. Now they just announced a shit ton more. This is really getting out of hand. I just can't keep up.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Look like all Amiibo except Greninja and Jigglypuff is going up for pre-orders.

Shauni

Brian★;158510821 said:
All of Wave 4 for Gamestop (2PM CT). No other news for other retailers.

Is that reliable? I knew Ness was confirmed, didn't know it was all. Very interesting.

kirby_fox

Banned
Well, I can only hope the site doesn't crash and there's enough for me to order just 1...and I get home from work in time.

Hmm. I think I'll just do like I did Rosalina and not care.

Last night my hopes went up with my PygeHD order because I actually thought my Amiibo collection was going somewhere. Then my order got canceled. Damn that still stings. Now they just announced a shit ton more. This is really getting out of hand. I just can't keep up.

Sorry. Reasons why your PygeHD order was cancelled is that
  • a) you have bought multiple Amiibo figures (2 Villager for example)
  • b) if you purchased after the 1st of April (ADST), you'll require a Verified Paypal account.

Comet

I'm currently collecting the Fire Emblem characters so I'll be sure to pre-order Robin and Lucina. However, Ganondorf's figure looks incredibly detailed. I love it. I might pick him and Link up as well.

Just going to preorder Ness tomorrow. I also intend to preorder Robin and Lucina but will wait until they become available through Best Buy (where I get 20% off).

Brian★;158511772 said:
I suggest that you go in the morning or whenever Gamestop opens, as it is In-Store Web Preorders. Once you go, Lucina might be out of stock anyways.

Doesn't the 2pm CST thing in the memo apply to the in-store web preorders as well?

Velcro Fly

Not fucking around tomorrow. If I can preorder the whole wave from GameStop I'm doing it. Best Buy can kiss my ass after they cancelled my Ike that I preordered almost 3 months before it came out

Fox Mulder

Just want ness. Hopefully he's as easy to get as Shulk, which is even getting a second run.

Gamestop is the best for exclusives out of all the retailers.

Also, super pissed that two of the costume-unlocking Amiibo for MK8 are Rosalina (bad) and FUCKING VILLAGER (worse). I hope that this comes with a re-release of Villager but considering Kirby Rainbow Curse was still accompanied by shitty releases of Dedede and Meta Knight I'm not holding my breath.

Well, better start saving...

Also, super pissed that two of the costume-unlocking Amiibo for MK8 are Rosalina (bad) and FUCKING VILLAGER (worse). I hope that this comes with a re-release of Villager but considering Kirby Rainbow Curse was still accompanied by shitty releases of Dedede and Meta Knight I'm not holding my breath.

You might have a better shot at a Villager reprint from overseas. Japan is having a reprint I believe.

Boogiepop

Right, so if I'm going to have to order from Gamestop online anyway... I'm going to need to grab two of them to get free shipping, right?

Also, hopefully Best Buy gets this stuff up soon so I can preorder from them, as GCU has made them my go-to source. At least Target doesn't seem to have gotten anything (now to hope that none of the later amiibos past the 4th wave are exclusives...)

Fox Mulder

I doubt the marth reprint will be much different as well.

LcmaYfE.png

$34.99 for 3pack???

Brian★;158511772 said:
I suggest that you go in the morning or whenever Gamestop opens, as it is In-Store Web Preorders. Once you go, Lucina might be out of stock anyways.

Wait what? I figured they would be up for preorder at 1pm my time (2pm CST).

Reule

For the in-store deal, do you need an existing Gamestop account or something? I can just pay with cash, right? Don't want to use my credit card right now. Just can't wait to lock down Ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom