• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic of my office =)

1622783_10205758088252812_8802654316813820574_n.jpg

I am waiting to put up Mario and have Toon Link, Link, and Peach of the way via the Target sale. Need to score a Marth as well as the rest of Wave 4, 5, 6. I'll get Splatoon too of course but I'm unsure if I should just display the 3 pack, the singles, or both =(

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone else think Jigglypuff isn't as cute as it could be? Little disappointed, same with Lucario looking a little simple.

Pikachu, Charizard and Greninja nail it though. Guess I'm doing a full Pokemon collection after all.

SaviourMK2

At this point if they are really going to amiibo their entire line then sell me a subscription. Charge me 20 bucks a figure and just mail them to me. This is not positive experience with Nintendo.

i agree, store exclusives is BS.

I can't believe I'm going to go through hell over JIGGLYPUFF

Halabane

its after midnight at amazon...guessing no one is putting stuff up tonight other than jpn. guess I should try to get some sleep. wonder if the us are all waiting till after 3 pm?

Ryfferr

Anyone else think Jigglypuff isn't as cute as it could be? Little disappointed, same with Lucario looking a little simple.

Pikachu, Charizard and Greninja nail it though. Guess I'm doing a full Pokemon collection after all.

Jigglypuff looks derpy and off to me for some reason. I think it's the eyes / mouth?

Ultimadrago

Seriously, Jigglypuff and Ness are two of the few
maybe
Smash Amiibo left that I want and this shit gets pulled.

Velcro Fly

So we've got

Common - Charizard, Wario
Uncommon - Pac Man
Rare - Lucina, Robin
Ultra rare - Jigglypuff, Ness, Greninja

Does this seem about accurate? I just automatically put store exclusives in the ultra rare category because if you don't get them close to release they are just gone.

Durock

So we've got

Uncommon - Pac Man
Rare - Lucina, Robin

Does this seem about accurate? I just automatically put store exclusives in the ultra rare category because if you don't get them close to release they are just gone.

Where is Grininja exclusive to?

So we've got

Uncommon - Pac Man
Rare - Lucina, Robin

I don't really think so. Wave 3 exclusives are rare but no way would I say that Rosalina is rarer than Dedede.

DryvBy

So we've got

Uncommon - Pac Man
Rare - Lucina, Robin

You don't think Pac Man is gonna be ultra rare? Nintendo has a limited amount they can actually make.

c-murph

So we've got

Uncommon - Pac Man
Rare - Lucina, Robin

If Lucario is any indication, Jigglypuff and Greninja won't actually be rare. They'll just all be inflated and on ebay.

Velcro Fly

You don't think Pac Man is gonna be ultra rare? Nintendo has a limited amount they can actually make.

Other third party characters have turned out to be plentiful. I think Pac-Man is going to end up the same. Sonic and Mega Man are everywhere now it seems. Feel like Pac Man is going to be in a similar situation.

Aw man I hope greninja is at least best buy so I have a shot. That's the one I really wanted aside from the splatoon ones. Why NoA, why must you ruin everything with your stupidity

Joei

I knew there were going to be more exclusives! Don't count on this being the last one either. We still got Toy's R Us and Best Buy out there folks... and who knows, Amazon might get on the Amiibo-exclusive train... choo choo.

Thank god there's nothing from this wave I really want. Game on in September though.

god, this hunting is giving me anxiety, thank god i'm not keeping them in their boxes otherwise i'd have to stick with the US ones. i guess i'll import a few of them. i think im gonna get rid of my smb line, I don't think i can keep collecting these if this is how it's going to go down.

Labrys

I'll be at work tomorrow at 2. I'm going to go to gamestop before, around 11:30 and see if they'll let me preorder ness.
The rest I'm just considering pre-ordering on amazon.de or something though, this is fucking ridiculous

Mostly because Amiibos always have some sort of relevant news being made, from shipment delays, preorder coming up, new releases, ect.

I understand your point but the thread is more suited here imo.

The numerous daily Amiibo threads will still be posted either way. This is more like the Steam megathread, so it's only fair to follow it into Community (unless GAF is being reimbursed for the free advertising)

ZeroX03

Banned
Jigglypuff looks derpy and off to me for some reason. I think it's the eyes / mouth?

I think it's like Sonic where the character model was designed to be looked at from a different angle. Jigglypuff's eyes and mouth look too small straight on, but in the render they look great.

Rarity for wave four basically everywhere has been:
1. Lucina
2. Robin
3. Ness
big gap
4. Pac-Man
5. Charizard
6. Warior

Unless Pac-Man is a store exclusive he should be pretty common. On par with Mega Man and Sonic.

jax

Banned
I think it's like Sonic where the character model was designed to be looked at from a different angle. Jigglypuff's eyes and mouth look too small straight on, but in the render they look great.

Rarity for wave four basically everywhere has been:
1. Lucina
2. Robin
3. Ness
big gap
4. Pac-Man
5. Charizard
6. Warior

Unless Pac-Man is a store exclusive he should be pretty common. On par with Mega Man and Sonic.

I've yet to see a Megaman or Sonic on shelves so this sucks for me.

Kenai

Another Target exclusive that I want? Oh well. At least it won't be freezing like with Rosalina.

Although that might mean more people show up...hope Target does the limit thing again, worked out pretty well for us here in the Indy Southport area. Stock lasted most of the day i was told.

Preordering Ness, Robin and Lucina tomorrow, and paying them off fully.

Maitiú

I've yet to see a Megaman or Sonic on shelves so this sucks for me.

Why not grab 'em online if you live in a unusually dry area?

Pacman's mass recognition (higher sales expectations) and simple design (higher profit margins and quicker production line) means he'll be a piece of cake to get.

In the EU the squid is exlusive to the Splatoon LE. Yay!

I will try to buy the 3-pack off amazon.com
Time to strike back!!! :p

Yeah I assumed we were getting the same as EU like usual so went and preordered the other two. Nintendo AU just wanted to wait until 8pm to announce we're getting the triple pack instead lol.

Why not import a limited edition? That's what I'll be doing. Unless you weren't interested in the game itself or wanted it ASAP.

Fuck that USK rating, and I also want the game ASAP :p

Not too hard to cancel, just annoying that I have to send an email instead instead of being able to cancel it myself.

Dezner

Oh lawd! :eek:

I'll try my luck at Gamestop tomorrow before work! :D

Lucina WILL be mine! ^_^ No hesitation at all for her! :eek:

I really want a Female Robin but I don't have high hopes at all. :( I miiiiiight decide to get Male Robin, maybe just to look nice next to Lucina at least as a good pair.

I wasn't originally planning on getting Ness but I do really like Earthbound, and the style of his model really works well with the Amiibo format. Same reasoning I had for buying Toon Link, too! :3 Also just in case one of my friends can't get him, I can hang on to mine for him.

Inkling Girl looks cute, too! I'll have to think on her some more.

Forkball

The title annoys me because this is actually thread five. Joke titles ruin future searches!

Also the light blue yarn Yoshi will soon be my most prized possession.

Gamestop, Target, Amazon, Toys R Us, and Amazon pages all open, logged in, and payment information updated and verified!

Line App set to notify!

Lets do this!

But please not on my drive to class or in between classes....

Good luck out there it is going to be a blood bath

AdanVC

Is it going to be wave 3 nightmare all over again, right? at least the whole wave 4 is releasing on the same day. Me wants a Ness and Pac Man so bad :'(

Rootbeer

Banned
australians get off easy. just hit up ONE website and pre-order everything in one go (okay two, once they list the other part of wave 4 I guess?)

sigh, being an american and having to endure all the retailer exclusive bs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom