• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krogan

When preordering through Gamestop.com do you have to pay the full amount at the time of preorder (I've only ever preordered in store)?

Kolma

When preordering through Gamestop.com do you have to pay the full amount at the time of preorder (I've only ever preordered in store)?

if preordering for in store pickup you pay nothing and pay it all at store.
Instore web order you pay it all up front.
Website preorder I believe when it ships. (not 100% sure)

I guess they are being kind to the west coast this time. Seems fair but it was hard enough getting Rosalina when only 20% of America was awake. This will be a nightmare.

just a heartfelt message from me towards the whole community.

___
I started off at Amiibo Community 2 (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145827919&postcount=85 / my first post) as an awkward stranger. I was scared to join the community, as during that time, I was facing depression (my favourite uncle had died) and was hurr durr awkward. However, I was accepted into the community, I felt happy and during the time I am with the Amiibo Community, I felt like I actually had friends. You had help me face off my depression, slowly, I had been off anti-depression pills and whenever I went to University, I was excited to get home to talk to all of you, and I felt proud to help you.

Now, it's Amiibo Thread 6 (actually, it's 5th), and I'm still here, helping out you guys with our Amiibo services on PygeHD and Pushbullet. I feel happy to serve all of you.

I also have a few people to mention:
  • Azula/Mononoke
I know most of you guys probably dislike Azula, but she was probably one of my first favourite friends, she helped me out a lot.
/i'mstillwaitingformyfox.
  • Diggeh
I seriously, I feel like you are one of my friends. You are so funny, sometimes you make me laugh.
  • Blue Namagem
So nice and helpful to the Amiibo community. Would love to Smash with you one day.
  • Peagles
Probably my one and only New Zealander friend. High five! AUSTRALAND WINS. THE KANGAROO AND SHEEP COMBINE.
  • ThisBeJason, Horizon (etc.)
Thanks for being so helpful to the Amiibo community. I hope to see you helping the Amiibo community.
_____
List of people that I have bought from
  • DiddyKong
Thankyou for your Shulk!
  • Cheesemeister
Thankyou for your WFT!
  • GtWoK
I hope to see your Megaman and Sonic soon!
____

This is just a message to say Thankyou, I hope to help you soon.

ZeroX03

Banned
australians get off easy. just hit up ONE website and pre-order everything in one go (okay two, once they list the other part of wave 4 I guess?)

sigh, being an american and having to endure all the retailer exclusive bs...

The only amiibo Australia is missing at the moment are Inkling Squid and Yarn Yoshi. Wave four went up for pre-order two months ago, wave five and six are available now.

However we don't get a lot of stock for shelves. Very few amiibo per store. So if you don't pre-order you basically can't get anything that isn't common. Also a $10 deposit per pre-order.

Rocky

Banned
Did we miss jigglypuff preorders on Target.com? The preorder button is lit up but I keep getting the error processing request message.

Did we miss jigglypuff preorders on Target.com? The preorder button is lit up but I keep getting the error processing request message.
Of course not. You know this chat would have blown up if that were the case. Just go back a couple pages and you will see that's how it had been since it went up

Rocky

Banned
Of course not. You know this chat would have blown up if that were the case. Just go back a couple pages and you will see that's how it had been since it went up

Sorry, just thought it may have been active for a few seconds like some of the others were.

Sorry, just thought it may have been active for a few seconds like some of the others were.
No prob. Anything is possible with these elusive bastards ha. The tears will be heavy but at least everyone got a heads up. If they are doing 3pm EST (rumored on reddit for all retailers now) it would be nice if they could post that next to the button.

I thought I was getting over amiibos. When the Mario series showed up in the mail, there was not much excitement. I opened them up and put them on the shelf and haven't really looked at them since.

They got me again though! I'm pretty much pumped for every single one except for maybe the Splatoon ones (though I'll still get them since there's only three).

I am glad that Animal Crossing has been assigned the cards. That is one series I've never really cared about and if they put out 20 Animal Crossing amiibos, that's probably where I would have drawn the line.

Bluth54

LOL oh target, f u

get ready for a random 3 am drop , unless they are smart and tweet a date/time

I would love a random target 3AM drop for Jigglypuff, I work third shift so I'm up at 3AM every day.

I'm going to have to set my alarm to be up at 2PM today to get the wave 4 preorders in at Gamestop.com.

Rocky

Banned
I would love a random target 3AM drop for Jigglypuff, I work third shift so I'm up at 3AM every day.

I'm going to have to set my alarm to be up at 2PM today to get the wave 4 preorders in at Gamestop.com.

Just remember that the 2PM is central time.

DryvBy

They take the funds but return them after 24 hours.

Source: me pre-ordering MGS V collector's edition.

They take the funds but return them after 24 hours.

Source: me pre-ordering MGS V collector's edition.

That's just the authorization. It's better to use a CC for preorders to prevent it from messing up your bank balance like that.

Preorder button for Jigglypuff is gone.

Is Gamestop doing in-store pre-orders as well? I figure I'll try to get online orders through Best Buy with GCU and, if that fails, go to Gamestop after that. Would also be nice to only have to put $5 down on each.

Gamestop orders are NOT in store, they can be done in store but its not orders in the store its through the Web in store service which requires you to pay in full and they ship it to you (basically an online order).

RootCause

I thought I was getting over amiibos. When the Mario series showed up in the mail, there was not much excitement. I opened them up and put them on the shelf and haven't really looked at them since.

They got me again though! I'm pretty much pumped for every single one except for maybe the Splatoon ones (though I'll still get them since there's only three).

I am glad that Animal Crossing has been assigned the cards. That is one series I've never really cared about and if they put out 20 Animal Crossing amiibos, that's probably where I would have drawn the line.
I'm on the fence about the Splatoon series. I'd jump in if it's only three, but I seriously doubt that they'll stop at three.

RootCause

Gamestop orders are NOT in store, they can be done in store but its not orders in the store its through the Web in store service which requires you to pay in full and they ship it to you (basically an online order).
Damn! For every single miibo? Good thing I'm only looking to reserve Ness, and Lucina at GS.

DryvBy

That's just the authorization. It's better to use a CC for preorders to prevent it from messing up your bank balance like that.

Preorder button for Jigglypuff is gone.

Yeah, you're right. But if you're broke or something and it's held for authorization, you may have an issue getting gas/food/whatever during that day.

Gurrry

So are all preorders going live at 2 pm ct? I know it is at Gamestop, but does that also apply to Amazon as well?

I'm really disappointed about more store exclusive amiibos. Only one I'm not looking forward to next is Jiggly Puff. Rosalina pre orders went up at the worst times resulting in me having to wait outside of a target to get it. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Target gets Jigglypuff this time. Aside from Ness, hoping the other amiibo that I want are the ones that aren't retail exclusives.

Watch as Greninja is Toys R Us.......though I'd hate to think who'll be Best Buy exclusive since I still didn't get Meta Knight.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I don't think there are any Wave 4 Amiibos left to be exclusives. You can tell which ones would be by the ones left off that GameStop screenshot. It said Ness would be the GS exclusive, and it didn't list Jigglypuff or Greninja.

Have I missed any pre-orders??!?!!?!

no

RootCause

So Target gets Jigglypuff this time. Aside from Ness, hoping the other amiibo that I want are the ones that aren't retail exclusives.

Watch as Greninja is Toys R Us.......though I'd hate to think who'll be Best Buy exclusive since I still didn't get Meta Knight.
My BB came through for Meta, can't say the same for Falcon, and Pit. Luckily I was able to get them from Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom