• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why hasn't Nowinstock added the Target pages for all the other amiibo but Dr. Mario? :(

Target's my go to cuz

1. I live 5 minutes from one

2. Redcard baby.

I could get a bigger discount at Best Buy with my GCU, but since:

A. They don't open until 10,
B. There are 5 Targets in the area with one Best Buy,

I think I'll spend the extra and not make the trip. I WILL grab Mario Maker at BB though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's the 5 Pokemon:

11351640_505537056278030_578893119_n.jpg

Though I care more about the news of ASHLEY, WALUIGI, AND TINGLE CONFIRMED AAAAAHHHHHH

Also when you turn into Fox he does his gibberish talk from Star Fox SNES!

Velcro Fly

So glad I import if we're heading toward a no preorder future

I can't take a day off work whenever these things come out.

What a shitty policy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Picross 3D 2 announced for 3DS (Japan only right now), & there'll be amiibo support, though no idea how exactly. Maybe you can solve puzzles to form replicas of the amiibo you scanned.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
PICROSS 3D 2 IS--

Picross 3D 2 announced for 3DS (Japan only right now), & there'll be amiibo support, though no idea how exactly. Maybe you can solve puzzles to form replicas of the amiibo you scanned.

Zonic pls zotta zo zast

I guess I can at least post my hype from the thread:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES I LOVE PICROSS 3D IT'S SUPER GOOD I MADE A PIXEL ART A LONG TIME AGO GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

iUgaJu8.gif

*ahem*

It only took a sequel to get the Picross 3D series on 3DS. Yay!

Gameboy415

PICROSS 3D 2 IS--

Zonic pls zotta zo zast

I guess I can at least post my hype from the thread:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
I love Picross! Best news ever :D

Heads up for anyone else that collects Nendoroids:

The Majora's Mask Young Link Nendo is up for pre-order on AmiAmi for 3460円!
FIGURE-013278.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-013278

vazel

Banned
I had entirely forgotten about the Nendoroid Majora's Mask Link. Placed my pre-order.

Everytime amiami is linked I want to buy hundreds of dollars worth of toys. Must... resist...

kirby_fox

Banned
GAF, I'm very tempted to buy a bunch of the amiibo off of Amazon imported right now. I don't feel like dealing with it anymore, and if I get it for $20 it's about the same costs if I order online without free shipping. Which I've already done for 2 of them, so I've dropped close to $20 on a figure.

But at the same time, I feel like with these numbers I could walk into a store and get them without worry too. I've done it easily with the others.

What say you GAF?

G0523

GAF, I'm very tempted to buy a bunch of the amiibo off of Amazon imported right now. I don't feel like dealing with it anymore, and if I get it for $20 it's about the same costs if I order online without free shipping. Which I've already done for 2 of them, so I've dropped close to $20 on a figure.

But at the same time, I feel like with these numbers I could walk into a store and get them without worry too. I've done it easily with the others.

What say you GAF?
Save your money and make the trek out. The new amiibo are coming out in 3 weeks and it's never been easier to get a hold of them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

What say you GAF?

u5Js289.gif

LostAnkh

What say you GAF?
Only do it if you aren't able to get them locally.

JavyOO7

Hey guys, if you wanna import... this thread posted classic Mario, modern Mario, and the three Mii amiibo's on amazon.co.jp. They are all up for pre order. I pulled the trigger and it came out to 6,480 JPY. Deliveries start sending out on September 10.

Hey guys, if you wanna import... this thread posted classic Mario, modern Mario, and the three Mii amiibo's on amazon.co.jp. They are all up for pre order. I pulled the trigger and it came out to 6,480 JPY. Deliveries start sending out on September 10.

Yeah got these too. After shipping it's about the same as USA prices but no head aches.

JavyOO7

What say you GAF?

I've used amazon.co.jp three times and its been great. I use that with tenso for shipping.

1st time
Got the upcoming wave (Dr. Mario/Bowser Jr/Ganondorf/ZSS/Olimar) for 7911 yen. Would have been cheaper if I got them a few weeks prior. Shipping came out to $24 bucks. Got them in four days.

2nd time
Got eight amiibos (all the FE characters, Samus/Kirby/Lucario/Villager) and the shipping came out to about $33. Should be getting them today or tomorrow.

3rd time
Will be getting the two Mario's and the three Mii amiibos.

So yeah, getting stuff from amazon.co.jp and then having it sent to Tenso where they weigh your stuff and give you a shipping price is great, I think. And the yen to USD conversion is pretty good.

Velcro Fly

Got the Marios and Miis from amazon jp

We're into that territory now where I absolutely cannot be at store openings because of work

If I'm paying a few dollars extra oh well.

By the time these get here I'll have all the custom parts for Mario Maker unlocked so I can really play.

So I guess that is all of September done for, part of November done for. If the Chibi Robo bundle ever goes up here I'll have October done too.

Feels good man :)

KitSnicket

Neo Member
My first order from Amazon JP was the yarn yoshis. They ended up being around $45, and tenso shipping I splurged for EMS because it was a present, was around $16, so around $60 with 3 day international shipping which was a pretty good deal. They came packaged great and in perfect condition. Great experience.

My second order was Dr. Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr. They ended up being around $31. I paid for registered SAL this time, the items were heavier so even registered SAL was $16. But then I got a message that the package was too big for SAL so I had to use EMS, which was $23. I was curious why these three amiibos were bigger than the last package, but there was nothing I could do. The package finally arrived damaged and the three amiibos were placed in the bottom of a cavernous box about three times bigger than necessary with no packing material. So I ended up getting the three for $54, or $18 each. Not terrible, but not great.

My main issue is that I now can never be sure how Amazon.jp will package things, which affects my shipping options and the total price. It may not be a big deal for some, but for me I don't like not knowing when I order something how much it will cost to ultimately get to me. If this doesn't bother you, then Amazon.jp and tenso are a great option. It takes a little while to set up the tenso account, but once you do it's pretty easy to use. Because you need a forwarding service the amiibos tend to last longer on the site than others and with the favorable exchage rate they are super cheap.

For me though, I've tried importing from some foreign sites and AmiAmi is the only one left I will probably continue getting things from unless I get desperate. With the recent restocks and higher stock numbers it just isn't worth the added expense and uncertainty.

welp i ordered the mii fighter i wanted and modern mario i left out classic mario cause i want something to hunt come the 11th but other than that im done with this wave. I must say as someone thats willing to import this wave was by far the easiest wave to get im very impressed Nintendo nwo make sure the animal crossing cards and figures are stocked well and i will be a very happy amiibo hunter :)

Got the Mii Fighters from Amazon.co.jp, the Mario Maker amiibos look ugly as hell and their functionality is pointless so I passed on them. All I need is R.O.B. from Amazon.co.jp and I'll be set for another month.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

What say you GAF?

I'd go for it. I imported Ganondorf and ZSS for around $20 shipped each. It's just not worth the hassle for me (even if these end up being common) to save like $8 each vs. buying them locally/online when they release here given I'm busy as fuck with work the next few months.

But it's just down to whether the extra cost is a big deal to your budget, and how sure you are you'll have time to grab them on release day (or keep checking if you miss them). I also open mine, so I guess if you're one to keep them in the box, you have to weigh the risk of getting a damaged one when ordering online as well.

What say you GAF?

ever since i gave up ont he dream of all my amiibo being fromt he same region this whole thing has been stress free no more wasting gas driving around, setting alarms to wake up at certain times to try and get pre-orders, and no mroe camping its been great.

kirby_fox

Banned
Save your money and make the trek out. The new amiibo are coming out in 3 weeks and it's never been easier to get a hold of them.

Only do it if you aren't able to get them locally.

I've had very little issues in getting them, and I work evenings so it's no problem to get up early in the morning. Thing is, I hate the lines. I feel so out of place between the parents, the grandparents, guys who are probably scalping them and the guys in their early 20s.

I'd go for it. I imported Ganondorf and ZSS for around $20 shipped each. It's just not worth the hassle for me (even if these end up being common) to save like $8 each vs. buying them locally/online when they release here given I'm busy as fuck with work the next few months.

But it's just down to whether the extra cost is a big deal to your budget, and how sure you are you'll have time to grab them on release day (or keep checking if you miss them). I also open mine, so I guess if you're one to keep them in the box, you have to weigh the risk of getting a damaged one when ordering online as well.

Open all of mine. If you order online and don't get free shipping, cost is about $20 anyway. I wound up having to pay for shipping with Jigglypuff and Palutena, and it was $19 and some change when it all was said and done. If I get free shipping, I'm basically paying the same price at that point. However, I also have had great luck walking into a store and grabbing them.

ever since i gave up ont he dream of all my amiibo being fromt he same region this whole thing has been stress free no more wasting gas driving around, setting alarms to wake up at certain times to try and get pre-orders, and no mroe camping its been great.

Remaining stress free has been a big part of it for me too-- which is why I've been lucky enough to grab everything but Marth and Villager from stores without much trying. I guess for now I'll just save my money, and hope that the talk of exclusives was all bull.

mnbnguyen

Got the Marios from Amazon Japan this morning. Hopefully AmiAmi preorders will be up soon, so much more cost effective than going through Tenso (EMS shipping costs alone were between 2800 - 3200yen, not to mention consolidation).

kirby_fox

Banned
How rare do y'all expect Dr. Mario to be in NA? Wanna get one for my Dad.

If that 50 per store estimate is correct...honestly at this point it's all YMMV. If it's a Target exclusive like we've all been speculating (and all proof has so far shown it is) then depends on how many Target stores are nearby you.

maxcriden

If that 50 per store estimate is correct...honestly at this point it's all YMMV. If it's a Target exclusive like we've all been speculating (and all proof has so far shown it is) then depends on how many Target stores are nearby you.

I'm not familiar with the amiibo game much. Is 50 a lot or a little? I have one Target nearby at least.

JavyOO7

If I didn't import Dr. Mario, I would be at target when it opened. Because you never know... even with the allotment being so much, you just never know with the fervor of people...

maxcriden

If I didn't import Dr. Mario, I would be at target when it opened. Because you never know... even with the allotment being so much, you just never know with the fervor of people...

Yeah, I'll import if it comes to that. Can't be at Target on a weekday when it opens.

KingBroly

Banned
According to numbers, Target stores are supposed to get 100k of Dr. Mario while online gets 50k.

So really if you needed to go to any store right now on Sept. 11, it'd be TRU.

Those Dr. Mario numbers are good so hopefully I'll be able to actually see and get a Target exclusive. That said, he isn't a priority, which are the ones I need to focus on at the moment such as Olimar and Bowser Jr. I need Jr. numbers.

KingBroly

Banned
I managed to snag a WFT reprint at TRU yesterday...

Dunno what I'm going to do with it. I kinda wanted another Samus amiibo in box, but it doesn't look like Samus will get reprinted anytime soon.

Shauni

How did TRU do last wave? Did they do any online orders at all, or did they just do in-store without pre-orders like Gamestop? Was looking to maybe get Bowser Jr for a friend, but have never fooled with TRU at all.

How did TRU do last wave? Did they do any online orders at all, or did they just do in-store without pre-orders like Gamestop? Was looking to maybe get Bowser Jr for a friend, but have never fooled with TRU at all.

The preorder online was almost not existent. In store, it sold out in minutes to hours, depending on location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom