• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

JavyOO7

TP Link and alt Cloud are up at gamestop. That shipping is ridiculous.

The retailer exclusive shit sucks. Ugh. Hoping I can nab a pre order in person for those two tomorrow. Or maybe even today...

edit - Just as I was about to pull the trigger on the variants at amazon Japan they all sold out. Fak.

Bane

Hm, bite the bullet on shipping for the GS exclusive link or try to get in a store?

EDIT: Oh, you can preorder in store?

RootCause

"secured preorders" for

Bayonetta
Cloud
Cloud Player 2
Twilight Princess Link
Corrin

Still need
Corrin Player 2
Bayonetta player 2
Skyward Sword Link
MM Link

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Pre ordered all the normal smash from Best Buy and pre ordered player two cloud from GameStop.

Was going to make it easy and get them all from GameStop with 5.99 shipping but that is for EACH amiibo there. 24.00 in shipping can suck it GS.

After this amiibo run might be the last time I buy anything from them.

Kilau

Gold Member
Of course, the last 3 amiibo i'm going to buy and nintendo doubles them up.

Well I'm not doing it, screw off ninty.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So is Cloud Player 2 the only one confirmed as exclusive? Imma go today and do my orders there...

EDIT: Oh so is Twilight Princess Link

EDIT2: Only that Link is available at GS, so are the other 2 exclusive to somewhere else??

RootCause

Pre ordered all the normal smash from Best Buy and pre ordered player two cloud from GameStop.

Was going to make it easy and get them all from GameStop with 5.99 shipping but that is for EACH amiibo there. 24.00 in shipping can suck it GS.

After this amiibo run might be the last time I buy anything from them.
Yeah, its ridiculous. I would've gone with BB for the regs, but its pick up only at the moment. Almost $30 on shipping alone. No wonder they're almost out of business.

Of course, the last 3 amiibo i'm going to buy and nintendo doubles them up.

Well I'm not doing it, screw off ninty.

You can always get the three you wanted. :)

So is Cloud Player 2 the only one confirmed as exclusive? Imma go today and do my orders there...
Twilight Princess Link is a GS exclusive too.

Amazon seems to have gotten
Female Corrin
SS Link

GS
Cloud 2
TP Link

No word on
Bayo
MM

Arc07

EDIT: Oh so is Twilight Princess Link

Officially unconfirmed but Amazon is the only place I've seen with SS Link and Corrin (Player 2) listed.

zulux21

I want to preorder cloud and tp link... but seriously F*** gamestop and their preorder shiping charges.

they want $6 per amiibo that is shipped.

I will just take my chances and wait for them to actually release to save $12 by being able to use Saver for free shipping.

zulux21

Which is fine, I don't care for the P2 variants, i'll just have to live with an almost complete smash collection.

And i'm not buying anymore god damn Links, dammit.

yeah... I am iffy if I even want the links especially as this current set doesn't feel very exciting.

LiK

Preordered GS exclusives. Fucking GS making each figure have $5.99 shipping. Can't even combine the orders to save shipping.

JavyOO7

Got Cloud P2 and Corrin P2 on amazon Japan. I hope Bayo P2 goes back to its original price and hoping that the three Links' will be on amazon Japan.

Jawmuncher

Got my Cloud Player 2 amiibo preordered in store. Can thankfully cancel the online order with the ridiculous shipping fee.

Curious who has Bayo Player 2 and MM Link. I really hope it's Best Buy and not someone who'll be a pain in the ass to work with.

Which is fine, I don't care for the P2 variants, i'll just have to live with an almost complete smash collection.

And i'm not buying anymore god damn Links, dammit.

Preordered GS exclusives. Fucking GS making each figure have $5.99 shipping. Can't even combine the orders to save shipping.

Yeah, this really bugs me. I'm pot committed to finishing up the Smash line while only basically getting the ones that I really like from the other lines. This whole thing with the "player 2s" and Gamestop's ridiculous shipping leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

AC Cloud looks pretty awesome though. Can't really complain I guess as I just got a Gamestop gift card for my birthday.

Tried to get TP Link from Gamestop but seems like it's no longer available?

Oh boy, this retailer exclusive shit is fun!
It was totally fun when they first started it! (I kid) I was hoping the dark ages were over but Nintendo decided to stay strong on having the retailer exclusives. Super bummed they have the Link's being retailer exclusive too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Good news guys! (Actually it's not... :/)

Called GS and apparently they are only getting in limited stock of Amiibo. Yay. Feels like 2015 all over again... So do pre-order. Immediately.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just got TP Link in store from a GS. Guy said he only had one more TP Link his store could preorder and two more Cloud P2s. Stock is indeed super limited. He doesn't think he'll even get more beyond preorders in July.

So is it known where MM Link is going to be available?

No. Wherever it will be, they'll have Bayo P2, too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just got TP Link in store from a GS. Guy said he only had one more TP Link his store could preorder and two more Cloud P2s. Stock is indeed super limited. He doesn't think he'll even get more beyond preorders in July.

Awful....

Edit: Turns out my SO stopped at GS a few mins ago and pre-ordered the whole lot, including exclusives! Sounds like they sold out after mine though.

BIG SIGHHHHHHHHH

Stopped in at gamestop this morning and got

Alm & Celica (forgot about this one till i got there lol)
Twilight Princess Link
Bayonetta
Cloud
Corrin
Inkling Girl
Inkling Squid
Inkling Boy
Pikmin

now i need Majora's Mask LInk and Skyward Sword Link as i dont care about the player 2 versions of the smash characters like how i didnt care for Famicon Rob plus i really really hate AC Cloud design.

during pre-order madness i just got smash luigi in the mail:
Iv3591Sh.jpg

damn need to get those exclusives.

kunonabi

Preordered:

Pikmin
Bayonetta
Cloud
Inkling boy
Inkling girl

Twilight Princess Link is the only one I'm screwed on right?

MM Link, SS Link, Squid, and the alts for Bayonetta and Corrin haven't gone up right?

Persona7

Banned
Anyone know the process for cancelling guest pre-orders on best buy? Do I cancel and then wait for the hold to drop off my card?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it,, AC Cloud can't be ordered online for "Pick up at store"........but I live about 2 minutes away from my local GS, so hopefully I can just do it there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Female Corrin seems to be Amazon exclusive.

No idea on Bayo1. Most likely, it'll be Best Buy exclusive (Toys R Us would be weird to want a figure of a M-rated game exclusive at their store, even if she appeared in Smash)

Jawmuncher

Female Corrin seems to be Amazon exclusive.

No idea on Bayo1. Most likely, it'll be Best Buy exclusive (Toys R Us would be weird to want a figure of a M-rated game exclusive at their store, even if she appeared in Smash)

Could be Target. But it's very odd that GameStop didn't have Bayo 1. Thought for sure that'd be more up their alley.

Top Bottom