• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread New OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

king zell

there is a multi game called 2 player reactor it's so damn fun and it's free (you can play the 4 player version for money)

rexor0717

Drop7
drop7-apple-lg-73481538.jpg

Unfortunately, on my Incredible, the game doesn't look too crisp. I guess the phones resolution is too high.

I'm glad this thread was made because I plan on getting some games for my phone.

Varth

Is discussion about emulators allowed? Just found out there are PSone emus available, did anybody test them? How do they control?

bathala

Banned
Varth said:
Is discussion about emulators allowed? Just found out there are PSone emus available, did anybody test them? How do they control?
Got it since day one it came out. U get on screen controls with customization layout. Works well with my DX since it has big screen real estate
Some game have choppy sounds.

Varth

bathala said:
Got it since day one it came out. U get on screen controls with customization layout. Works well with my DX since it has big screen real estate
Some game have choppy sounds.

Whoa, really?

I would get it for some simple RPG, since it seems the most logic choice for ease of controls and pace. Just two questions:

I guess it's not legal to sell this kind of things, right? So where do I get a working emu without fear of having some virus destroy my HTC Desire?
and above all: do I have to rip my games in some particular way?

carlosp

Banned
Varth said:
Whoa, really?

I would get it for some simple RPG, since it seems the most logic choice for ease of controls and pace. Just two questions:

I found it's not legal to sell this kind of things, right? So where do I get a working emu without fear of having some virus destroy my HTC Desire?
and above all: do I have to rip my games in some particular way?

you can sell the emu but the BIOS file is protected by Sony.

Aad

Pocket Empires

2zZYU.jpg

Welcome to the ultimate ONLINE WAR GAME (MMO) on Android.
Harvest,Build,Conquer

FEATURES
-Over 10 unique structures to build up city
-Over 30 different creatures to be recruited or captured
-Over 40 techs & 50 items to enhance your power
-Time based system, check your game casually

http://www.pocketempiresforums.com/

WoodWERD

OP with no game titles..beautiful. Good thread otherwise, I had no idea there were this many games out. Wordfeud is the shit! Got hooked after playing words with friends on a road trip.

carlosp

Banned
Fishin’ 2 Go

Fishin-2-Go-Full.jpg

Shoot U!

Shoot U is an Amazing physics game for Android Mobile Phones. All you need to do is shooting the little guy to hit the star, simple? Share! your rank on the global ranking board.

Shoot-U.jpg

Deal or No Deal
Deal-or-No-Deal.jpg

My Paper Plane 2 (3D)

My-Paper-Plane-2-Android.jpg

nara

Banned
k i have a captivate and purchased fruit ninja. why does the iphone 3gs play more smooth than my captivate? this is so retarded.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
obaidr said:
Mario, do you have any plans for a mobile version of shatter?

Yes, it is on the list of things to do, but the PikPok team is pretty slammed at the moment so it will be a while away yet.

.GqueB.

Banned
Mini+Squadron.jpg

Minisquadron. This game is a must have. 99 cents for a limited time.

wordfeud-1.png

Wordfeud... game is so good it became a slider shortcut for my widget locker.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Got to bump.

Just got an HTC Evo 4G. I think I have a pretty good lead on some general games to pick up for it, but are there any decent RPGs? All that I've read of are one or two decent action RPGs in the Diablo or Zelda style (Zenonia in this thread and something else I can't remember); any other decent ones, particularly in the traditional turn based style?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Great update to Wordfeud today, added ability to donate for $2.99 to remove ads, you can now have up to 30 active games, no limit to the number of messages per conversation, you can send email invites to friends who haven't made an account yet, and the timeout for your turn is now 72 hours.

I'm also addicted to MiniSquadron. So much fun

I'm getting my android phone tomorrow (my first smartphone).

For the paid games, how is the transaction handled? Do I set up a credit card with the google app store, or do I buy the games direct from the publisher?

Is this easier to do via my pc - buy and download game, then transfer it to my phone, or do the entire transaction on my phone?

ipukespiders said:
I'm getting my android phone tomorrow (my first smartphone).

For the paid games, how is the transaction handled? Do I set up a credit card with the google app store, or do I buy the games direct from the publisher?

Is this easier to do via my pc - buy and download game, then transfer it to my phone, or do the entire transaction on my phone?
For the Android Market, it's handled by Google Checkout and only through your phone.

A few select publishers have other ways of doing it, but the above goes for 99% of it.

I picked up Transformers G1: Awakening for my X yesterday. It's a game that I've always wanted to play but never had the right platform for until now. It's a lot of fun for anyone that likes Advance Wars/Fire Emblem type strategy games and old-school Transformers. Best of all it was only $3!

Grayman

at work someone had a game that was speeding through a tube (twist to rotate a vehicle around it) and avoiding coloured blocks. Sort of like tourus trooper, but not a shooter, or like audiosurf ninja mode without music. does anyone know what this game was and how i can find it?

I will not be seeing that person at work for about a week.

Nasreddin

Grayman said:
at work someone had a game that was speeding through a tube (twist to rotate a vehicle around it) and avoiding coloured blocks. Sort of like tourus trooper, but not a shooter, or like audiosurf ninja mode without music. does anyone know what this game was and how i can find it?

Sounds like SpeedX:

http://www.androidtapp.com/speedx-3d/

You can get the app on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom