• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marginally bigger than the Maxx HD in terms of thickness.

Doubtful but I'm not burning my friend at Moto.

Naw... I'll go with a Hillary one.

If you buy any phone right now you'll punch yourself in the face and crotch.

Fair enough.

Support Obama? No, the guy is a clown. His mug shot though shows what the entire case of the political scene right now of which both D's and R's are B's.

Nope. Anything I'm saying to you guys/gals has nothing to do with their news postings... unless someone on here works for them and floats my info. Guess time will tell.

Oh you.
you didn't answer the second part of my question aka shit still sucks doesn't it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The rumors are swirling aren't they? You can cut the air with a knife it seems. The stuff about sizes and memory configurations are somewhat taken out of context. From what I've heard, the sizes of 8,16,32,64,128 and possibly 256 will be available (with the higher end ones in low supply) but available come end of May/early June. As for the SoC they're using, they have demoed multiple SKUs and are in the morning idst of settling on one right now. While everyone and their mother thinks the Tegra is shit, I do know they have gotten an insane amount of standby time given that the battery is inching towards a 3600mAH battery. Someone mentioned the KLP hooks for battery/CPU management, this is one of the things they're hoping to best Apple and everyone else on, hence why the "X" will be exclusive to KLP at first since it will be best optimized for that hardware. Memory wise it will match the S4 with 2GB DDR3.

A lot of you have been asking about screen size.... not sure if I'm going to tell you yet just because its so fun hearing everyone bash 4.7 to now 6.3 in screen sizes. I will drop a little nugget that Moto is already working on the X-2 prototype that is supposed to be running the tablet resolution of 2560x1600. Yeah...do the PPI on that. I will say this. The screen has amazing viewing angles, awesome in the direct sun and the color temps aren't annoying.

What else... oh, the stuff Samsung showed/demo'ed --- a lot of those features will be stock in KLP. Gestures and NFC as I've said are going to be a huge part of it. Not going to spoil anything else for now.

Some of this makes Mitt Romney's lies sound plausible.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The rumors are swirling aren't they? You can cut the air with a knife it seems. The stuff about sizes and memory configurations are somewhat taken out of context. From what I've heard, the sizes of 8,16,32,64,128 and possibly 256 will be available (with the higher end ones in low supply) but available come end of May/early June. As for the SoC they're using, they have demoed multiple SKUs and are in the midst of settling on one right now. While everyone and their mother thinks the Tegra is shit, I do know they have gotten an insane amount of standby time given that the battery is inching towards a 3600mAH battery. Someone mentioned the KLP hooks for battery/CPU management, this is one of the things they're hoping to best Apple and everyone else on, hence why the "X" will be exclusive to KLP at first since it will be best optimized for that hardware. Memory wise it will match the S4 with 2GB DDR3.

A lot of you have been asking about screen size.... not sure if I'm going to tell you yet just because its so fun hearing everyone bash 4.7 to now 6.3 in screen sizes. I will drop a little nugget that Moto is already working on the X-2 prototype that is supposed to be running the tablet resolution of 2560x1600. Yeah...do the PPI on that. I will say this. The screen has amazing viewing angles, awesome in the direct sun and the color temps aren't annoying.

What else... oh, the stuff Samsung showed/demo'ed --- a lot of those features will be stock in KLP. Gestures and NFC as I've said are going to be a huge part of it. Not going to spoil anything else for now.
this is bait for android and me right?

lol owned. Better for development. We should all be on the same page here.

so yeah remember how we had all sorts of LTE enabled single and dual core phones and then we got to quad core and *BAM* we got Qualcomm'd because of LTE? the story goes like this...

the Galaxy S3 came with a Snapdragon S4 because that SoC had its own built-in baseband that supports LTE and DC-HSPA+ 42 and none of the standalone LTE basebands at the time were efficient enough to work with the quad core Exynos (or Tegra 3, hence the One X/EVO LTE also using the S4) because of the size and power drain.

later that same year, the Qualcomm MDM8x15 baseband was released. it was 28nm and supported those requirements, hence the Galaxy Note II, AT&T One X+ and other devices, including the S4 Pro devices (unlike S4, S4 Pro doesn't have an onboard LTE baseband) all using 8x15 variants in the US.

the Snapdragon 600 doesn't have a built-in LTE baseband, and neither does the Exynos Octa so they would both need a separate (presumably 8x15 based) baseband for cellular connectivity. now, we already know that the Snapdragon 600 works fine with the 8x15 baseband as it's in the One and the G Pro...

So, first someone at Samsung NL says they'll have the SD600, now Chainfire, who's trying to root a GS4 remotely mentions it will be in some areas of Europe too...

the only way it makes sense for the Exynos Octa to not be everywhere in every GS4 is... Exynos Octa is too big of a big power drain and can't work in a phone, even with the 8x15... so maybe that's what happened? Octa too hot for LTE phones?

That's so weird though. Why would Samsung even force Exynos if it's not ready. Why would anyone even want it? Well I get samsung, they made it so they want it used. But it just sounds like issues waiting to happen.

But last years exynos chip doesn't seem like it could be as much of a drain as this one.

they probably want to get production up and then push Octa worldwide in their episode 2 flagship GN3. more space to run hot and other LTE basebands arriving in 2H.

i mean, i could be wrong, but i just don't get why they would use two different SoC's for no good reason.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex is female. She has a husband, not a wife…

KuGsj.gif

That's assuming Samsung is still alive by then considering 256gb harddrive 2560x1600 resolution 3600mah battery smartphone will take over the world.

I don't think there is a single person here that believes all the extreme stuff.

I'm still 100% of the belief that the X phone will quite simply be Motorola's next flagship phone with google designing the hardware and being a bit more involved in software. I believe none of the revolutionary super low price build to order super mega resolution stuff.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I am jealous of my GF now as I forgot the One X+ only comes in the 64 gig variant. DAT SPACE!

PS: I got the FB notification as well.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
what died out first, her enthusiasm or the battery :p

Neither as we haven't opened it yet. I do want to do a battery test between her phone and mine. I know she's happy she spent the time the last time she did a factory reset on her Inspire to make sure all of her contacts where in Google's contact list so she can switch without any worries.

That reminds me. I need to see if I still have my micro sim cutter in case we need to cut her old sim down verses having to go to the AT&T store to change shit over.

gcubed

I heard the X has a limited supply of 1tb internal storage phones. They also come with a 37 megapixel camera and 4gb of RAM.

thespot84

Not Android related, and not clear enough for a new thread, but apparently Google X is going to announce another project later this month. What are your guesses?

Space elevator is refuted (but I guess fucking plausible enough to warrant refute); self-driving cars and AR glasses are out in the open; what comes next?

I don't think a space elevator is plausible enough YET (at least the system as a whole). Private capital would certainly help in the production of the consistent length and width nantubes necessary to make the fibers for the tether, but I think the chances of it happening on a cycle like the X prize are so small it wouldn't make for a good competition. /threadderail

My hope would be some kind of tech for anywhere/always-on internet access. With Schmidt's visits to NK and Myanmar it seems that at least he and maybe Google is interested in the liberating power of the internet in the developing world....

kehs

Banned
Its a few months before I/O. Seems right on time for first appearences.

Which means I can't trust pxtcs talk about klp for the x.

Seems early though. Nexus 4 wasn't announced until the end of October wasn't it? If that person already saw a Nexus 5 from LG then could they be testing it this early? Or maybe LG is itching to release another one already.

kehs

Banned
Seems early though. Nexus 4 wasn't announced until the end of October wasn't it? If that person already saw a Nexus 5 from LG then could they be testing it this early? Or maybe LG is itching to release another one already.

It'll probably be a nexus s type nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom