• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll probably be a nexus s type nexus.
I could see it. Except better since the nexus S kinda sucks (from someone who STILL HAS ONE).

Also LG making the nexus 5 might not be terrible. They've been getting slowly better at the hardware stuff recently, especially in their latest bunch. I wonder if it'll be the same hardware design direction as the 4 though, or more following the optimus g pro (minus button).

LG again ugh.

well, at least it wasn't Pantech, Huawei or Sony!

I could see it. Except better since the nexus S kinda sucks (from someone who STILL HAS ONE).

Also LG making the nexus 5 might not be terrible. They've been getting slowly better at the hardware stuff recently, especially in their latest bunch. I wonder if it'll be the same hardware design direction as the 4 though, or more following the optimus g pro (minus button).

G Pro with no microsd slot. cut the checks.

You guys are funny.

c'mon son, the jig is up!

Fatalah

Pctx said:
If you buy any phone right now you'll punch yourself in the face and crotch.

Will Verizon customers be able to purchase the X-Phone at a low price from the Play store without contract?

Will CDMA and GSM be on one chip, making this one of Motorola's world phones?

Hey looks like this article from a month ago may have been right: http://www.android.gs/nexus-5-release-date/

Sources inside LG supply chain inform that the South Korea based company is already making Nexus 5 prototypes and that the smartphone will be based on the company’s next flagship smartphone the LG Optimus G Pro, which is expected to debut later this month at Mobile World Congress 2013.

As it happened with all the previous Nexus smartphones, the Nexus 5 will be running the latest Android iteration out of the box, and since the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is expected to launch in May at Google I/O, this will be the version underpinning the new flagship smartphone.

You guys got me.... Of course LG will make a better phone than Moto. :/
Well no one can say which would be better but I thought at I/O we were going to see the X phone being the phone that shows off Key Lime Pie. But if there is a Nexus 5, doesn't that uhhh kind of ruin that? What are they going to announce both at the same time? The sitch just got weird.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They kept sending it with android on it.

KuGsj.gif

anyone looking for a good podcast app needs to try Pocketcasts now

ever since it updated it has been the best replacement for Listen

Clean interface and simple to use, plus syncs across multiple phones and tablets.

Newest update just added a dark theme. And it has had the widget back for at least a few weeks... Crazy good

Now to find a replacement for Google Reader. Googy you bastard

kehs

Banned
Andrex, honey, sweetie pie, it's ok to be on the wrong side of history as long you cross over eventually.

See you in the flash funny pages.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I remember back when everyone had 100 diff models out there. I can't even remember what an inspire 4g was.

It was the US/AT&T version of the Desire HD aka in Europe. It was like AT&T's 1st fake 4G phone. Nobody bought the phone though at full price, but AT&T kept it around as it was one of their cheaper offerings. Hardware was between the GS1 and GS2, and the latest official firmware was Sense 3.0 with Gingerbread 2.3.5.

Safe to say the upgrade is pretty massive. That being said I do wonder how bad the over clocked Tegra 3 chipset is on battery. At anyrate the GF was just happy that the FB app actually worked and didn't crash on her. LOL

vivftp

As super high res phone displays were being discussed, I also wanted to point out the current rumors indicate the Sony phablet which is supposedly in the 6.44" range will also have a resolution of 2560x1600, and is supposed to be slated for a June announcement.

Groof

Aren't Nexus phones based on flagship phones of the general time frame it gets released? Unless it is just a slight spec bump then sure I guess...

As super high res phone displays were being discussed, I also wanted to point out the current rumors indicate the Sony phablet which is supposedly in the 6.44" range will also have a resolution of 2560x1600, and is supposed to be slated for a June announcement.

6.1".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom