• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

THE GAME IS NOW OVER

Best Town - EzekelRAGE

Similar to the Scum category, it's hard not to commend everyone for doing a good job (of course, you guys won!). Even though there weren't many special roles in this game, a lot of players became memorable characters of their own by bringing some kind of personality into the game. I can't think of a single player who didn't contribute something to the game.

Those of you who DID have roles did a good job of using them - especially in an unusual game like this. The Gossip thing worked really well, though I was shocked that you guys put it right out in the open at the beginning instead of keeping it a secret. It could have ultimately been a trap for Town - this really cool thing that was actually infiltrated by spies. By putting it out in the open, you cut right through it.

But the Townie who impressed me the most was EzekelRAGE. Here's a player who came in as a sub, got dealt an Ordinary Villager role, and had to catch up to play. Even then, he showed up every day and put in a fantastic effort to provide Town with informative maps and lists, and keep everyone organized - this was an incredible aid in Town figuring out some of the finer points of the game. EzekelRAGE sets the example that an Ordinary Villager can still be a powerful player.

Thanks, was a lot of fun.

because if it was anyone else arguing us out earlier we probably would've won the argument. Haly had the answers, but not the drive for example.
I think I would've given it a good shot. The night I got evicted I was working on a theory for RNH/TA. But when Toma posted his activity I wouldve went str8 for time/you/nin in that order. All 3 claimed ordinary villager. Time for obvious reasons with fran hha. You for your flip floppy behavior (me/squid thing lol) and a big part of the theory that I believed there was at least one HHA in last row/last column together.

Looking at this post. You thought my vote tied it. King's vote for Salva was 2nd after my vote. Your next post is at 12:59, so it is very likely you saw King's vote for Salva. So in your mind it was 7/6 for Salva. You could've been thinking you don't want anyone to tie it on your HHA friend Hobo, so you take your vote off Hobo at the last minute, making it 7/5 for Salva for you. You don't vote for Salva because you don't want to show up voting for him so you change to another random guy.

healthy_brain_240.png

Looking at this from HHA chat
DudWsGs7Op2xcIRvJ8sU.png

Was I sort of right with that post???!!!??!!?

Vote: Squidyj

I think this is a good candidate. I think he was much like me in how helpful he was for town. Him bringing up evicting Fran/Ultron early gave us great information and is what most likely won us the game.

Ezekel so I was kind of right to want him out.

lol glad they didn't listen to you :p

VFO-tdHyl7WeOHswKMOa.png

Yea, with the exception of when I posted above with the brain pic, darryl was lowish on my list. Moved up a little with the squidy/me in HHA argument and moved to topish when I did my theory b4 roomies eviction.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess I'll have to buy Danganronpa on iOS and S1 of Archer so I can get caught up on the flavor.

For strategic reasons.

squidyj

I vote RNH as the best player. He was always really level headed and came through in the end.

I don't want to say RNH doesn't deserve it but there's always a bit of a bias towards rewarding players who were there at the endgame, and not so much stuff from earlier in the game.

Timeaisis

Two Ordinary Villager MVPs in a row? Fuck yes. Best role.

Didn't he vote you out? :p

Eh, I hold no grudge. It was inevitable.

I don't want to say RNH doesn't deserve it but there's always a bit of a bias towards rewarding players who were there at the endgame, and not so much stuff from earlier in the game.

Well, he played really, really well in the second half. Sure, he wasn't as present as I'm sure he'd like to be in the first (neither was I), but whatever. Trying to give props to everyone here, squidy, and I felt like RNH deserved a shoutout.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, RNH definitely deserves credit, it's really easy to choke when you have to decide between two options one of which immediately wins the game and one of which loses it. You start doubting yourself furiously. I'd have considered him but his absence in the early-game was too obvious, so I favour squidy as best town player and possibly best player, against Darryl as the alternative.

squidyj

Two Ordinary Villager MVPs in a row? Fuck yes. Best role.

Eh, I hold no grudge. It was inevitable.

Well, he played really, really well in the second half. Sure, he wasn't as present as I'm sure he'd like to be in the first (neither was I), but whatever. Trying to give props to everyone here, squidy, and I felt like RNH deserved a shoutout.

absolutely, I didn't mean to call out your post or say that RNH doesn't deserve it. It wasn't a comment on how anyone did earlier in the game but rather the weight people put on how the game ended in general when looking back over games of mafia.

Timeaisis

Yeah, RNH definitely deserves credit, it's really easy to choke when you have to decide between two options one of which immediately wins the game and one of which loses it. You start doubting yourself furiously. I'd have considered him but his absence in the early-game was too obvious, so I favour squidy as best town player and possibly best player, against Darryl as the alternative.

WHAT!? SQUIDY!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?
/s I may be holding a bit of a grudge there. :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT!? SQUIDY!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?
/s I may be holding a bit of a grudge there. :p

In squidy's defense, you were really scummy this game. I almost feel disappointed in my MvP choice from season 1. :p

Darryl

Banned
Hey, don't all vote for the two guys who won it all...at...oh

:c

People voting for me as a transparent attempt to encourage others to never give up regardless of how impossible it is. I mean I was still going after you after the buzzer. If you were the true MVP you would have been well aware of this subtext.

It's not working on me. I'm blocking 50% more of you next match and the mods as well. Good luck getting me to give a shit.

People voting for me as a transparent attempt to encourage others to never give up regardless of how impossible it is. I mean I was still going after you after the buzzer. If you were the true MVP you would have been well aware of this subtext.

It's not working on me. I'm blocking 50% more of you next match and the mods as well. Good luck getting me to give a shit.

Game's over Darryl, we all know you're secretly a teddy bear.

Quick bump because I just remembered this post I made just before we found out if Hobohodo was HHA or not:

Right, well, that's the day over then. Regardless of whether Hobo is HHA or not, I'm pretty sure that one of the people who voted for him is. So:

Ourobolus
nin1000
Razmos
EzekelRAGE
Haly
franconp
Kalor
Darryl
ultron87
Timeaisis

Why? Well first I'd just like to say that although I said I would vote, I decided to abstain for a somewhat selfish reason: I knew the day would end relatively soon with Hobo getting evicted. Like, there was no way that wouldn't happen, so I thought I might as well let everyone else do it so I can get as many slots on that list as possible.

Now. The list. Let's go through the options here:

Probable situation: Hobo is HHA - So it turns out he's HHA, we've got someone wooo! But look, after the lie got pointed out, there's been barely any defense. Like the closest thing was squidy telling us to hold off so we can talk a bit more. "So? How can you defend that without looking hella suspicious?" I hear you ask. Which is fair, but then thinking into that, there's no better way to remove suspicion than to be in the voting group getting rid of the HHA, right? Bussing, as I believe people in the thread have called it. So yeah, if he's HHA then it's highly plausible at least one of the people in that group is trying to gain trust.

Not probable situation, but still possible: Hobo is telling the truth but is just a bit shit - Welp, there goes the doctor type role. Fuck. Who does this give an advantage to? The HHA, of course. So obviously, if it came out that he could block their evictions, even if it then looked like a lie, they'd want to get rid of him just to be safe, right? And better to do it in the daytime to avoid him being able to protect himself. Bam, perfect opportunity. No-one trusts him, you can defend it as "Well we all thought he was lying!", and now the doctor's gone.

So yeah. Chances of there being no HHA in that group, given the circumstances, seem ridiculously slim. Something to pick up next day phase, I suppose.

I'd also like to bring up Timeaisis. Dood was ordinary last time but would post great big walls of analysis. Why aren't you doing that this time? :c

Anyway, I'm posting that now instead of next day phase to give people some time to think about it. Plus it works better if I post it before we know what he is.

Look at that list with all the remaining HHA.

Naaaiiiled it

Top Bottom