• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf to get new content & amiibo Support

More than support for the accessories, right?
General new content too?

Looks like there's new Splatoon furniture and clothing sets. The page says something about further announcements of content too.

Hoping the (kinda) new villagers from HHD get added too. I want Felyne in my town.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I think they should have done this in the first place and folded the HHD content into the game, instead of making two spin offs that didn't exactly go down well.

KingBroly

Banned
This is the game that never ends...

It goes on and on my friends

Wow. Out of left field. I thought for sure an NX version of AC was coming fast

ZiZ

I don't have the courage to show my face back at my village after I abandoned them for so long.

Justinh

You had me at "new content" and lost me at "amiibo."

If it's just the cards though, I might buy a pack (or however they are sold) just to check it out once. I'm a little salty they stopped giving away gifts at the post office unless you're on a Nintendo Access Point thingy (whatever they're called.)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
YES! I'll take it! Considering I own almost every Amiibo, this is going to be fun.

Muzy72

Banned
This autumn? I guess it's going to coincide with the Animal Crossing mobile game this autumn, which Kimishima said would interact with a mainline game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Updating a few years old game with new content isn't something I'd expect.

Could be for several reasons:

1) Animal Crossing Amiibo tanked big time because outside of a terrible board game, there was no use for them.
2) Card sales may have dropped since HHD has been released for a while.
3) The NX game may be (sadly) a year or two off.

Somnid

I knew there was no room for them to launch a new AC title so I was wondering about what they were talking about when they said AC mobile will integrate with other games. I guess this is it. Using an update to push secondary purchases is a good idea.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Could be for several reasons:

1) Animal Crossing Amiibo tanked big time because outside of a terrible board game, there was no use for them.
2) Card sales may have dropped since HHD has been released for a while.
3) The NX game may be (sadly) a year or two off.

Also, the AC mobile game is coming soon. My guess is the update will allow it to connect with that.

woopWOOP

Hope that most of the Smash amiibo are compatible too.
I want a G&W themed villager!

Finally there's a use for those cards. I might actually buy a pack now :V
...Anybody got any Beau leftovers?

I haven't played this game in so long because I'm scared that Kid Cat might have moved out.

I have his amiibo card though, so maybe I could get him to come back even if he has?

Neiteio

New Leaf is pretty much the perfect Animal Crossing game, so I think this is great adding amiibo support and infusing it with even more Nintendo goodness <3

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This is confirmed for NA?

Also, OH you're telling me, Nintenso just remembered that a game that sold MILLIONS OF COPIES that features their money printing Amiibo characters could... GASP help make them more money?!

If by 2017 Nintendo isn't selling full fledged DLC and micro transactions for some AC game, then these clowns are out of their mind. I mean this is a logical first step. I'd be willing to bet this is the most purchased and installed eShop game on the 3DS, or close to Mario Kart 7.

If by 2017 Nintendo isn't selling full fledged DLC and micro transactions for some AC game, then these clowns are out of their mind. I mean this is a logical first step. I'd be willing to bet this is the most purchased and installed eShop game on the 3DS, or close to Mario Kart 7.

That'd be shit for players though; they were already giving out unique free items over WiFi. You're just suggesting that they start charging for it.

That will be the likely path if a full fledged mobile title emerges, but I hope nothing like your suggestion ever gets close to the paid full rrp games.

So, only Amiibo stuff is that correct?
That's all that's announced at least.

Fall is still a way's away, so it seems plausible more will be announced. Especially with AC Mobile coming at the same time, which we know is planned to connect to other Animal Crossing games.

Akai__

That's all that's announced at least.

Fall is still a way's away, so it seems plausible more will be announced. Especially with AC Mobile coming at the same time, which we know is planned to connect to other Animal Crossing games.

Oh okay. Don't care about Amiibo personally, but hopefully they will announce more as you have said.

It's cool to see that it even gets an update this late after release, though.

I'm so glad Animal Crossing is getting good amiibo support. So far Nintendo made games centering around amiibos and they weren't that great at all.
This is the first good amiibo content for the series, because it actually adds to a full game rather than creating a game around them. Seeing as Amiibos are kinda dirt cheap* now I might buy a few Animal Crossing ones.

Hoping there is more new stuff than just Splatoon,
come on Shulk amiibo!

*Amiibos that aren't Isabelle are dirt cheap (because who would want a Timmy or Tommy amiibo?)

You can officially invite villagers who visit with Amiibo cards to move in.

Considering that whole Villager black market this is huge.

You also no longer have to worry as much about about villagers moving away since you can make them come back.

I could see certain villager popular villager cards to go up in price. Commons will still probably be worth maximum less than $10.

Neato! I have a bunch of the amiibo cards and most of the actual AC amiibo cause they were dirt cheap and cute.
Maybe this will actually get me back into the game if I can have some villagers I like and finally get rid of Samson who has lived I my town for 4 years and won't move no matter what I do.

Really don't like that you can just get whatever villager you want so long as you have the card. Kinda defeats a mechanic of the game, but I guess its no skin off my back.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm just so glad Nintendo will never waste time and budget developing a console Animal Crossing ever again.

Top Bottom