• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf to get new content & amiibo Support

Neo_Geo

Banned
Even if the Amiibo support only added an hour of content it would still be better than the last two retail AC releases. Looking forward to this.

Rozart

You can officially invite villagers who visit with Amiibo cards to move in.

Considering that whole Villager black market this is huge.

You also no longer have to worry as much about about villagers moving away since you can make them come back.

I could see certain villager popular villager cards to go up in price. Commons will still probably be worth maximum less than $10.

My Marshall will now be worth peanuts. :'(

Nice! Happy that I don't have to worry about any of my favourite villagers moving away as long as I have their cards. But I guess we would still have to worry about their new house placements though.

Fritz

I know it's minor but I was so hoping for this since I bought three AC amiboos on a whim without any actual use for them.

Whait, will KK Slider, Digby and Isabell even be able to move in?!

Crazyorloco

Glad they're still updating the game for those who play.

AFAIK, Nintendo talked about linking up actual game with mobile game when they announced AC mobile

And the game targets to release this fall...

That's be amazing if it happens. This is making want to play again. I'm going to go kill some roaches in my house now....

Hmm... it looks like there's some stuff besides Amiibo happening here. There's Twitter, FB and Tumblr connectivity being added, too:

sns_img.png

And stuff from SM3DW and Captain Toad

nekomariohouse_img01.png

kinopio_img01.png

And Tomodatchi

nintendo_tomo.jpg

And a 7/11 promotion that will never happen in the US

seven_img01.png

And a bunch of other new things on that page linked in the OP.

_h8bit

Banned
Time to dig out the one pack of amiibo cards i own. Honestly though, i'm super happy to see some kind of update for this game. I didn't really take advantage of the monthly DLC cause you needed to go to a Nintendo Zone to get it but hopefully we'll see it released in this kind of fashion down the road.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmm... it looks like there's some stuff besides Amiibo happening here. There's Twitter, FB and Tumblr connectivity being added, too:

And Tomodatchi

Those are all old. They're also just designs, unlike the Splatoon stuff announced today which are brand new items.

And Tomodatchi

Nah that stuff is old news, they just update their Dream Town every now and again to be themed after a certain game. You can visit and download a bunch of exclusive patterns.

The last one was just regular DLC that already exists in the game. It was only given out in Japan, but you can trade for the items.

Robin64

Yeah, this is just their catch-all page for every new thing, such as new patterns to scan or whatever, so this amiibo update has gone on there. Only the amiibo thing is new though.

Those are all old. They're also just designs, unlike the Splatoon stuff announced today which are brand new items.

Nah that stuff is old news, they just update their Dream Town every now and again to be themed after a certain game. You can visit and download a bunch of exclusive patterns.

The last one was just regular DLC that already exists in the game. It was only given out in Japan, but you can trade for the items.

Yeah, this is just their catch-all page for every new thing, such as new patterns to scan or whatever, so this amiibo update has gone on there. Only the amiibo thing is new though.

Ah, okay. It's been three years since I played it, so it's all new to me.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

sns_img.png

nekomariohouse_img01.png

kinopio_img01.png

And Tomodatchi

nintendo_tomo.jpg

seven_img01.png

For what it's worth the dates next to those imply that those are promotions that have already come and gone.

This is awesome. I still need to collect a few of my favorite villagers in card form. I love that new splatoon stuff and it looks like I'll need to get the squid sisters amiibo. So cool!

tquinta

Neo Member
This amazing, I've been playing New Leaf recently and this will keep me going.
I couldn't resist getting the Kapp´n amiibo, so I hope it does something (it works on HDD at least)

PS: This might be a good thread to share my friend code: 1865-1769-0991, I never could try the online component of the game which seems really interesting. Let me know!

suzu

Cool. Too bad I don't have cards for the villagers that I like. Not that I'll return after being away from my town for years..

I really want a new mainline AC game. D:

Zoolader

Perfect timing as I just picked up a new 3ds xl again along with new leaf. Anybody have a Roald card that they want to get rid of? I'm gonna have to look up and see what villagers are in what card series and start buying them. Is there a good list out there with that information?

So I bought 30 Series 1 Amiibo Packs when theyou were $2 at one Walmart with the intention to complete opening until I got a dull set of a 100 and return what's left.

With how I kept getting doubles of the single rare in each pack I thought maybe to stop when I got all the common villagers since I have all the AC Amiibos.

Maybe I'll keep them and give the extras to friends.

Whoa, is this going to be a thing?!

Yes.

I didn't properly record the last date I played. And I'm sure I didn't catch someone moving, so whatever I put in will be wrong and I'll have lost a favorite villager. :(

Which of ten will disappear? Oy.

Top Bottom