• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Black Ops 2 Wii U Reviews or Impressions?

Disguises

Yep. Still down. I was at least expecting a comment from A_Trey_U on the official boards by now, but guess I'll wait till tomorrow to play again.

xandaca

So people think the wiimote works better then the pad?
I tried the wiimote at launch but used the pad after.
Has the wiimote been buffed enough?

I think it says it all that Treyarch felt safe removing aim assist entirely from the Wii remote, whereas doing the same for dual analogue would render it virtually unplayable.

No connection for me either, will try again tomorrow.

Disguises

I think it says it all that Treyarch felt safe removing aim assist entirely from the Wii remote, whereas doing the same for dual analogue would render it virtually unplayable.

No connection for me either, will try again tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure it's been fixed and reintroduced in this newest patch. It was removed because people could exploit the sticky aim to 'feel' when someone was behind a wall without seeing them.

xandaca

I'm pretty sure it's been fixed and reintroduced in this newest patch. It was removed because people could exploit the sticky aim to 'feel' when someone was behind a wall without seeing them.

My point was that DA players were 'stickying' onto people through walls for a long time and the auto-aim wasn't touched because the vast majority of players would have been annihilated without that assistance. The Wiimote, on the other hand, is so quick and accurate that while auto-aim is helpful, it's perfectly possible to continue kicking arse without it, even against overpowered DA players.

Man, still down. Playing BLOPS 2 online while I watch Seinfeld reruns is pretty much the highlight of my day at the moment. I wish this game had sold better. This would have been fixed ASAP on the 360.

Disguises

I think the servers are back up and working. Got prompted to download an update but it didnt work, turned game off and on again and now me and 86 other people are online!

Dragonfire works now for Wiimote users. I tried it, and it controlled very well.

Now back to not using it as one of my scorestreaks.

nordique

I think, once the Wii U install base starts picking up, Call of Duty will see a healthy userbase on the Wii U

Its a shame this title didn't have the same attach rate for the Wii U that CoD2 had for the 360

Yes, I really recommend this game to every Wii U owner. Really liking the campaign and obviously the MP, zombies not yet. This and Nintendo Land are my only Retail discs.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the Wii-mote controls now (no aim assist). I use a semi-auto Fal right now as my favorite weapon. So satisfying to pick-up on snipers.

Effect

I think, once the Wii U install base starts picking up, Call of Duty will see a healthy userbase on the Wii U

Its a shame this title didn't have the same attach rate for the Wii U that CoD2 had for the 360

I've been wondering about this. Perhaps it's the install base. For many there has been no solid reason to upgrade from the Wii. I think it's also possible past experiences with Call of Duty on the Wii has left a bad impression. Especially the issues MW3 had. I don't doubt many that have played picked up either a PS3 or 360 by this point and are playing the game there. Both because they have dropped to more affordable prices and they'll get all the content. The lack of DLC now isn't going to give them more of a reason to pick up CoD when and if they do get a Wii U.

If FPS are still going to be popular going forward the market is open for another to be released on the Wii U and become the dominate franchise on the system if pushed correctly. Also when you buy a new system you want to at least try something new. Call of Duty isn't new. It was a new experience to see Call of Duty to that graphical quality on a console back when the 360 came out. We've seen CoD in HD already on other systems for years by this point.

I would welcome another FPS on the system (be it Battlefield 4 (would have to drop my issues with EA but I'd much rather have Bad Company 3), Destiny, a new Metroid Prime with online multiplayer, etc). I enjoyed CoD while I had it but with no DLC coming I saw no reason to keep it. Especially since I don't like Zombies. Running in circles over and over again to kill zombies is not fun at all. Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land and the PC version of Black Ops 1 are handling things now but I do hope something new is announced soon. Considering starting up Metroid Prime 3 again as well.

Zarovitch

Everybody that like this game should complain about DLC in Miiverse.
My NNID is Zarovitch by the way if you want to play online with me.

Disguises

With no DLC, no it will not.
Unfortunately true. There are other games starting to come out now so I will play Black Ops less and less unless they refresh things with some new maps. Had some great fun though. No regrets getting the Wii U version over 360 at all. I'd even say I was better off for doing it due to not paying for Gold sub.

Pikma

Banned
Well, not everything is lost after all, at least not yet:

By the way, I don’t have any news on DLC on Wii U. I ask for updates every couple of weeks, but so far, I am not hearing a definitive yes or no, which means it’s not a lost cause but it’s not a done deal. I will continue to follow up and I will post whatever I learn.

Source: One of Swords

At least they acknowledge there actually are people asking for it.

SmokeMaxX

Meh. I wish this was more popular. I'd love to play it more, but if you don't play during peak hours then you're not going to get into an objective game. TDM is so boring.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I can't see the DLC hitting at this point, the games popularity is dropping already.

I have no problems getting into most objective modes, but lately I've been getting the itch to play party games, and the wait for those is pretty brutal.

So tell me Gaf, should I buy this? How's the # of players. Would I be able to get in to some late night games of search and destroy or should I stick to MH3U and buy Lego City?

popeutlal

So tell me Gaf, should I buy this? How's the # of players. Would I be able to get in to some late night games of search and destroy or should I stick to MH3U and buy Lego City?
No do not buy the Wii U version, unlike other versions there is no free or paid DLC. As for number of plays, usually it hovers around 3000-ish, many times there are zero players playing objective modes.

If you have other people to play with and can play at a normal hour its still worth it IMO. Off tv play is great, taking another player online is great... Its just as people say, some modes are favoured over others. I've always been able to get games of domination, and other modes, even zombies, but for some reason people seem indifferent towards one or two of the objective modes.

Activision should put their games on eshop and maybe do a decent deal on this... That'd probably help the numbers.

Curiously, none of their titles are available digitally. Skylanders, understandably.. But Bond, Transformers Prime and COD? Those could be made available

They must be averse to it for some reason.

The number is usually around 3k-4k on its peaks, at leastit was around a couple weeks ago.
Search and Destroy is one of the least played ones. Domination and Team Deathmatch being the top.
MH3U is excellent though!

No do not buy the Wii U version, unlike other versions there is no free or paid DLC. As for number of plays, usually it hovers around 3000-ish, many times there are zero players playing objective modes.

No word on that yet...and sadly I've given up hope.

SmokeMaxX

I prefer the WiiU version just because of how awesome off-tv play is, but sadly there are no players. I wish they'd just bomba the price just to build up the player base and then they can make money via DLC.

You're trading interface flexibility for DLC and online population.

Game's pretty good and worth owning regardless, depends on what's important to you.

So what's the status of Wii Remote Vs Classic controller? Who is dominating who? This is something the really interest me. If there are any youtube videos with matches even better.

So what's the status of Wii Remote Vs Classic controller? Who is dominating who? This is something the really interest me. If there are any youtube videos with matches even better.

All depends on the player. I'm fairly good with the Pro Controller, yet when I die, its usually from wiimote users.

All depends on the player. I'm fairly good with the Pro Controller, yet when I die, its usually from wiimote users.
Ok, so in your experience would you say that for 2 equally skilled players, the Wii Remote could offer an advantage?

Also does the game identifies what type of input device the user employs? Would been great to get some feeback on kill ratios by controller type.

EDarkness

Ok, so in your experience would you say that for 2 equally skilled players, the Wii Remote could offer an advantage?

Also does the game identifies what type of input device the user employs? Would been great to get some feeback on kill ratios by controller type.

I always use the remote and nunchuck, yet I find that the auto aim is fraggin' strong in this game. Not saying that I can't get the drop on folks, but sometimes I see a guy, pull the trigger, and still get killed. It's frustrating as hell. Still, I like playing the way I do, so I can't complain that I have the option and they've been doing well to keep the remote functional.

I always use the remote and nunchuck, yet I find that the auto aim is fraggin' strong in this game. Not saying that I can't get the drop on folks, but sometimes I see a guy, pull the trigger, and still get killed. It's frustrating as hell. Still, I like playing the way I do, so I can't complain that I have the option and they've been doing well to keep the remote functional.
Is there a difference in snap aiming between the Remote and classic controllers?

EDarkness

Is there a difference in snap aiming between the Remote and classic controllers?

Honestly, I don't know since I don't personally use dual analog. But I do know that a while back the remote had this tweeked, but it has been since adjusted again. On the Black Ops 2 forums, the issue of the dual analog having strong auto aim has been a hot topic since the game has gone live.

Though, sometimes people bitch on Miiverse about remote users. Not sure if they're complaining to complain or if there is an actual legitimate difference. Treyarch has pretty much tried to keep everything even.

Pjsprojects

I bought this at the midnight launch for the 360 and have played it to death, a few weeks ago i bought it pre owned for the WiiU just to see how much better it looked.

Iv'e never failed to get a match from the 3-4k player base, the graphics look more polished which sort of shows the 360s age now days. No dlc is a problem and yes some game modes you have to wait for players to join.

Out of the two i prefer playing the WiiU version simply because it looks better & i can play off tv.

Anyone thinking of trying it,now is the time as its pretty cheap pre owned.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

From what I've used and seen, the Wii Remote has the stronger 'snap-on' to a target of the two. However if you're using a dual analog controller, once you've got your gun targeted on a person, it's almost impossible to miss because the aim assist slows your aiming speed so much you never lose your target. I think the aim "sticking" is a bit stronger with the controller too.

With the Wii remote, if you're not steady at hand, it's easier to lose your target after the initial 'snap-on'.

I prefer the WiiU version just because of how awesome off-tv play is, but sadly there are no players. I wish they'd just bomba the price just to build up the player base and then they can make money via DLC.

I agree. The Off-TV play is awesome. As a parent, the ability to sneak in a few matches of Black Ops 2 online while the little ones are watching Phineas & Ferb, Thomas the Train, or the plethora of other cartoons on Netflix, is really, really awesome.

I finished the single-player campaign playing on just the GamePad, while my wife was watching a show on Netflix.

The DLC issue, I think is a Nintendo problem. How many Wii U ads did Nintendo run in January and February? Did Nintendo buy a Super Bowl ad for the Wii U, like Sony did for God of War? I don't think so...(might have missed it?)

Nintendo should make the DLC "free" to all Wii U owners with the game for like 30 days, that would solve the issue of the DLC splitting up the smaller Wii U community.

In short, if you own a Wii U, enjoy FPS games, and enjoy standard Team Deathmatch battles, I highly recommend you give Black Ops 2 a try.

popeutlal

So the userbase looks to be dropping, use to be closer to 3000 players....now its always around 2000.

Well with no DLC support its to be expected.

Who´s still playing?

If we are enough I was thinking in having 1 or 2 nights a week some GAF CoD BOs 2 Wii U MP gaming.

I don´t have so much time but could certainly play at least 1 day a week a couple of hours with some Gaffers.

Ninja Dom

Who´s still playing?

If we are enough I was thinking in having 1 or 2 nights a week some GAF CoD BOs 2 Wii U MP gaming.

I don´t have so much time but could certainly play at least 1 day a week a couple of hours with some Gaffers.

I'm always ready to play. It's my only COD game and all I play is Team Deathmatch. But I got my copy right here and I'm good to go.

Send me a friend request: Ninjadom

Just stuck the game on, Double XP from June 28 through July 1.

2591 players online. Lets GO!!!

Hoodbury

Who´s still playing?

Let me know the days you're thinking and the time and I could try to make it. I can usually play around 8:30 pm eastern time.

Mmmm. This could be tough to organize but it is easier if everyone states the times they can play.

I can play from 8ET and on Mon-Thu.

Top Bottom