• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any of these PS4 exclusives worth playing?

Leonidas

I searched for the games that were exclusive on PS4 and came to this list.

From the list I removed games I already own or have access to (PS+, PSN), PSVR1 games and several online only games which were cancelled, and games that are not on the PSN in my country. Perhaps the list is missing some exclusives but from that list after I removed games under the previous conditions mentioned I am left with the following.

B​

D​

F​

G​

H​

K​

L​

M​

S​

T​

W​

Seems to be only a few games worth playing.
Which of these games would you say are worth it?

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Knack II best game on the list by far
kyliethicc kyliethicc alt account?

We Got Em GIF by Rooster Teeth

Aenima

TLOU2 is a must play, i hated the story direction but still is an amazing game.

Sakura Wars was also great. Amazing visuals, the game is story heavy, alot of flirting with the girls, kinda like harem visual novel style. Combat feels good, but thers not many combat missions. I hope they make a sequel, but with a bit more combat.

GT Sport is pretty good, but useless now when GT7 exists and does everething GT Sport do and more. So if u want a GT game, just get GT7 instead.

Knack 2 besides the memes, is actually a pretty decent game. Story is more child oriented but gameplay is very solid and has some challenging combat. Is it worth a buy? Maybe if u have kids so they can enjoy the story and can join you for couch co-op.

Fist of the North Star, is pretty much an Yakuza game with a diferent skin. I felt the game a bit repetitive and not as good as the Yakuzas, but if you like Yakuza games, you might have a good time with this one too.

So from the list i recommend TLOU2, Sakura Wars and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Never bothered to finish fist of the north star because it crashed alot on me.

I really liked Knack 2. Couldn't finish the first one but second was solid. But got it foe free through a psn error day one so that might helped with my perception.

Last of us part 2 is a must play tho.

oji-san

Banned
The Last of Us 2 is not only worth playing, it's IMO one of the best games i've ever played, so so glad i have waited to the PS5 upgrade, it looks perfect to me and runs smooth like a baby butt, there's some minor plot things i would do different but overall it's a 10 game to me. Not sure how's it running on PS4 but in any case it's well well worth playing and should be cheap now, enjoy and don't miss one of the best games ever made. :)

SeraphJan

If you are going to play Lost Paradise, prepare an extra backup controller, thank me later

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Dreams is awesome if you like to create things or just play people's creations. The sad news is game will be in maintenance mode soon (but that don't prevent people to create news things), that means devs won't add any new features :(

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally really enjoyed Sakura Wars and I was surprised for very niche game like this it has high production value.

Last edited:

Leonidas

I guess I'll pick up Sakura Wars. Just noticed it's on sale at it's lowest price of $11.99 :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Might get Fist of the North Star the next time it drops to $7, just checked PSNprices, it looks like it goes on sale every ~6 weeks.

Why the older MLB's?
I haven't bought a game on PSN since 2019, I'm grasping at straws to find things to buy with PSN credit in my account... I refuse to buy any PS5 games since I think that they'll all show up on PC one day... the 14 games in the OP are the only PS4 exclusives left that I don't have access to right now.

Last edited:

Aion002

I refuse to buy any PS5 games since I think that they'll all show up on PC one day... the 14 games in the OP are the only PS4 exclusives left that I don't have access to right now.
So remove TLU2 because it will probably show up on pc eventually.

From this list: Dreams, GT Sport and Sakura Wars are cool for different reasons.

TLU2 is great and Knack 2 is meh.

Fist of The North Star is great if you like the anime or the Yakuza games.

Last edited:

Fbh

I was a bit lukewarm on TLOU 2 but I still think it's worth checking out. Specially now that you can find it on sale for $20 or less. The combat and visuals are really nice.

Fist of the North Star is also fun if you are into either the Yakuza games or the fist of the north star franchise. (Though I'd say it's only a must play if you are into both)

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I searched for the games that were exclusive on PS4 and came to this list.

From the list I removed games I already own or have access to (PS+, PSN), PSVR1 games and several online only games which were cancelled, and games that are not on the PSN in my country. Perhaps the list is missing some exclusives but from that list after I removed games under the previous conditions mentioned I am left with the following.

B​

D​

F​

G​

H​

K​

L​

M​

S​

T​

W​

Seems to be only a few games worth playing.
Which of these games would you say are worth it?
UQRzoZKzI3PjOYfPa2XOqS19.png

Of those (minus TLOU II), the only one I played through entirely was Hidden Agenda.

Decent. The story wraps up after 3-4 hours and is choice dependent, but it can be played from a smartphone (or used to be able to) via app with a group of other people. In that sense, it's interesting as a case study.

Lupin25

You might hate TLOUII’s story if you were endeared to Part I but it’s still a must-play. Insane graphics, amazing gameplay (especially later in the game), new enemy types, incredible set pieces.

Knack despite its meme-worthy nature is still a decent child-friendly game all things considered.
Sakura Wars is a nice visual novel style game also.

Leonidas

I hope you find all sorts of good stuff to play!
I most certainly will, my PS+ subscription came with hundreds of games + hundreds more from my PS+ history. I've beaten 10+ games already this year on PS5 alone and will hopefully increase that number to around 30 by the end of the year.

Definitely not lacking while my PS+ sub is still active, but when the sub goes away it will be nice to maybe have a few games that I've bought so that my PS5 at least gets some use when that day comes. My non-PS+ collection is pretty small...

stn

Only played TLOU2 (9/10) and Fist of the North Star (7.5/10). Both worth it but Fist is probably the weakest of the Yakuza-inspired games.

I most certainly will, my PS+ subscription came with hundreds of games + hundreds more from my PS+ history. I've beaten 10+ games already this year on PS5 alone and will hopefully increase that number to around 30 by the end of the year.

Definitely not lacking while my PS+ sub is still active, but when the sub goes away it will be nice to maybe have a few games that I've bought so that my PS5 at least gets some use when that day comes. My non-PS+ collection is pretty small...
I finally took the plunge during the discount and have more than I will be able to play in a year on my PS4 now, haha. And to think, I only took the plunge so I could do chalice dungeons in Bloodborne...

Play the order 1886
Believe me the hate was so unfair back in 2015
I feel like there was some secret bad blood between the reviewers and ready at dawn imo 🤔
Anyway the graphics in this game was astonishing and still looks more impressive then most ps5 and series x games

Last edited:
Top Bottom