• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone ever been to the mysterious Disney "Club 33"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seigyoku

Seigyoku's avatar just reminded me that one of my courses was duck confit, and I was very upset that Donald didn't come out and scream, "hey, what's the big idea?"

I seriously cannot eat duck anymore due to several ducks in my life!

CFMOORE!

To add a bit more to my experience. I think we got in via Kobe Bryant. Because when I hooked up with my friends who I was actually dining with, I joined them as a part of a private group with Kobe. I rode Towerpf Terror in a private group with him!

Just finished having dinner at the Mexican restaurant in Epcot. I'd love to see some of the more exclusive places that Disney has to offer. It is true that World is very touristy. One day I'd like to visit Land to see the difference. I have definitely noticed a HUGE difference between the walk up food and the sit down food just at World.

Erekiddo

My ex girlfriend took me there for my birthday once. Her family friend's father is a member.

Over hyped. Feeling elusive is the best part of it, really. We broke up before I could take my parents - but I sent them some things from their gift shop.

Haruko

Trust me, I'm aware. Downtown Disney is a godsend. The Mexican restaurant is actually good (as is the tequila tasting room in Epcot center).

I hate going to Disney and would probably commit seppuku otherwise.

The tiki bar (Trader Sam's Grog Grotto) at the Polynesian in FL is pretty fun. Tiny, but fun. I hear the original one over at DLR is good too.

The signature drinks all trigger special effects around the bar and little theatrical deliveries from the servers.

--

I'd love to visit Club 33 some day, but I'm a sucker for anything Disney park related

Syriel

It's vaguely interesting that a tourist destination for obnoxious American families would have much interest in running a members-only VIP lounge for high rollers. You don't really think of Disneyland as a place where high rollers really want to hang out......at least not regularly enough to support a full-on restaurant and bar.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a decent-to-good restaurant that only has a weird aura of mystery due to its peculiar location and members-only status.

Food and service are both excellent, it's the only place in Land that serves alcohol and the view for the fireworks was fantastic.

Haven't been post-renovation.

Last time i was at Disneyland i ate at the greatest place. It was an outdoor resturant i think in frontier land. All you can eat bbq ribs and chicken cornbread and coleslaw. I wish i could remember the name. 20 bucks a person.

Live old timey music.

Amazing

Kitoro

I've dined there numerous times as a child and teenager, since my step-grandfather was good friends with a chairman of Walt Disney Studios.

It's a nice, fancy place with good food and a nice wine menu, but members are kidding themselves if they tell you they're members for any other reason than looking like a bad-ass in front of inquiring and perplexed crowds that watch them enter the relatively unmarked doorway, and then looking down on the unassuming crowds below them as they dine. :p

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I never have, but I'd be interested in seeing it sometime. I'm taking my sister's family to Disneyland this week, so I'll be in the area if any rich GAFfers enjoy making dreams come true at the happiest place on earth.

(I did do a 100% run of the park in one day last year, though -- without cheating! Parades and shows included. I doubt I can pull that off with my nephew, though.)

Christopher

Well I guess maybe you might be missing something in from NYC where we have he best resturants in the world so I guess I just set my expectations too high.

The rest of disneys food in the park is over priced garbage.

Faithless

I've eaten dinner at 21 Royal.
The first step to getting on the waitlist is being a member of Club 33.
YOvCnK4.jpg

RvbWKo4.jpg

Hazmat

The Disney lore present makes me want it, but the "this is for the very wealthy and Disney-elite" makes me want to riot in New Orleans Square. You know, after I paid $100 to get in.

Kenai

Never been in but I am pretty sure i walked right by the place back when I went in...2012?. Weird to remember.

FLEABttn

Banned
Disneyland actually has an even more exclusive part called Dream Suite.

I'd been in there before it became the Dream Suite back when it was the not known but public Disney Gallery. Based on what I barely remember, that would have made for a really cool apartment.

My three of my cousins, an aunt, and an uncle got to go into Club 33. He was a top Ralphs or Vons buyer way back when this happened. They spoke very highly of it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I know a few people who've been (their companies have corporate passes). They mostly say it's good but not actually better than Napa Rose.

Disneyland actually has an even more exclusive part called Dream Suite.

EDIT: I'd love to go.

I've been in the Dream Suite.
back when it was the Disney Gallery

EDIT:Curse you, poster above me. /shakes fist vigorously

Brakke

Banned
Been a bunch of times actually. It's a pretty good place but the main thing is going on a slow day and then getting good celebrity gossip and stories from the staff. Got all kind of scoops on Johnny Depp from a dude who waiting on him during one of the Pirates premiers at the park.

drspeedy

Been to Disney [check]

Been to a Michelin Star restaurant [check]

Combined the two []

Can't say I'm against it, but after having been to (arguably?) better dining experiences without the price tag I'll save 33 for the wishlist. Still cool to know it exists, though. Kudos to them for having more than just over priced fast food and generic American tourist fare

Faithless

Some more pictures from my evening at 21 Royal.
It was the fanciest meal of my entire life.
At the end, we sat on a private balcony and watched the fireworks.
Every cocktail was designed by Walt Disney, and so was the layout of the place, apparently.

Minus_Me

A newer client of mine is a member so I finally got to try this place out. The food was really good and surprised me, but the bartender who was there both times is the real MVP. Every drink was perfect and totally on point.

Loxley

Every cocktail was designed by Walt Disney, and so was the layout of the place, apparently.

Am I hallucinating or is the dude with white hair and glasses Drew Carey?

border

Interesting if true, though I have my doubts that they've really been sitting on abandoned floor plans and cocktail recipes from a guy who died nearly 50 years ago. What kinds of cocktails would Walt Disney come up with?

Pixels

Whoa how did you get in?

Christopher

A newer client of mine is a member so I finally got to try this place out. The food was really good and surprised me, but the bartender who was there both times is the real MVP. Every drink was perfect and totally on point.

Did you feel like it lived up the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom