• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fool's Compilation Thread Of Soon To Be Awesome (Put those websites here!)

WYWY

IREM takes this seriously every year. This year they even made a countdown timer!

v6rk1h.jpg

Galvanise_ said:
The BBC years ago (1957) put out a program about growing spaghetti trees. Loads of people rang in asking for seeds or advice. It was on one of the Panorama program, probably one of the most serious programs on the network.

Gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ugSKW4-QQ

:lol

"Many people are often puzzled by the fact that spaghetti is produced at such uniform length, but this is the result of many years of patient endeavor by plant breeders who've succeeded in producing the perfect spaghetti."

Sounds like a good wikipedia fake entry.

Dizzle24

Have any devs included some April Fools jokes in-game? Like maybe during some online MP or something? Maybe they upload some stuff to the servers for the day and play pranks on us while we are busy in a death match?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Dizzle24 said:
Have any devs included some April Fools jokes in-game? Like maybe during some online MP or something? Maybe they upload some stuff to the servers for the day and play pranks on us while we are busy in a death match?
Oh god.

Do you know who would do this?

Valve. Valve would do this.

Totally expecting something to happen in TF2.

feel

Dizzle24 said:
Nothing extreme, but I think I remember Bungie changing all those tips and advices that show while you wait in the Halo 3 lobby, into bad and funny ones.

Also the year before they made mister chief appear in the map that shows where the players are connected from
ra2jbo.jpg

edit- yep, found a video of the first thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmgx4Iw7EHY

Bluth54

Htown said:
Oh god.

Do you know who would do this?

Valve. Valve would do this.

Totally expecting something to happen in TF2.
They should give everybody all the hats for a day.

Or maybe take away all unlocked hats.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I like April Fools. Sure, it's a bit frustrating sometimes, but I end up laughing at some of the stuff. And by some of the stuff, I mean when someone falls for it and makes a gaf posting about "HALO 4 COMING TO PS3."

LittleBigPlanet: This Week in DLC

April Fools “Fragrances Costume” for LBP PS3 (FREE) – Grab this free DLC for SackBoy or SackGirl and celebrate April Fools Day in LittleBigPlanet style! Available this Thursday, this little gem will only be available for one week so don’t miss out!

4474306064_040a53499b_m.jpg

really cant see how this can be real

Chairhome

JADS

Google is always great for a good laugh. Being Rick Rolled in 2008? on youtube was pretty cruel :lol

Ashes

Banned
+1 for blizzard. But there is something in me that keeps saying: ps3 firmware release date: 1 april. You just know something is up.... :lol
And even if it wasn't... they should have done something.... given the opportunity....

WYWY

OK, can't resist this classic.

PS: Notice Irem's mascot cat, which just happens to have the GAF colours.

im75av.jpg

GameFAQs' "GameFAX" 2002 April Fools prank was legendary if only because it made all the 12-year-old Nintendo drones on the site shit themselves with rage and bitter tears. Keep in mind this was during the zenith of Microsoft/Xbox hatred.

Wiki said:
On April 1, 2002, Veasey changed GameFAQs to "GameFAX" as an April Fools' joke.[31] The site's colors were changed to green and black to imitate those of the Xbox, with the intention of making users believe that GameFAQs was now dedicated solely to the Xbox, "the only system that matters." After clicking on any link on the main page, users were directed to the real GameFAQs home page. Nevertheless, Veasey reported receiving hate mail from users.[32]

spats said:
Blizzard has the best ones bar none. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Theirs are excellent because they're either good at fooling some or just plain dead on target for funny (the unicorns 'n rainbows Diablo 3 logo).

1up

Cant wait to see what Think Geek has this year. We got a lot of awesome things out of April Fools from them in the past.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Letters said:
Nothing extreme, but I think I remember Bungie changing all those tips and advices that show while you wait in the Halo 3 lobby, into bad and funny ones.

edit- yep, found a video of the first thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmgx4Iw7EHY
Team Chat: Tap the D-pad to bark orders and let everyone know how poorly they are playing.

Live or Die, Man?: In a vehicle? Honk your horn and drive off a cliff. You're original, good lookin', and everyone thinks you're hilarious.

:lol:lol:lol

Top Bottom