• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Hobohodo

Not sure we need more supporters of The Goddamm's plan but just gonna throw out that I'd back the plan.

Now I haven't had a scummy feeling from Squidy all game, nor has Haly set off two many alarm bells (in fact I very much agree with the massive wall of text athons arguably creating as much noise as they do help) but if we are going to test the role claim of cop it really makes no sense to potentially lynch the cop in the process. Going for Haly is the safer bet, and unless Squidy has some win condition involving offing Haly the Mafia gain nothing by going 1 for 1 on this. I don't wanna vote Haly yet though as he isn't far of majority.

The other thing is I guess I kinda trust Squidy? My impression from him from the last game was he was a clever player who wouldn't make a slip up like that. My perception could be coloured as I was viewing him from the eyes of a mafia in AC, but still. So yeah I feel Squidy provided 4 reads on purpose. Not sure I fully see the sense in his reasoning, maybe he was at Ouro's rum, but I just can't see Squidy making that mistake.

cabot

These two idiots are probably both scum and they don't even know it by some role fuckery coming from The Great God Ouruborus.

Fun fact: I've been dieting all year and I've lost a pretty decent amount of weight , but I'd like to reverse this and become as large as possible so I can put this quote on a t shirt and wear it all day every day. Glorious.

Mazre claiming information is power and then preceding to be purposefully vague and hide information is maddening.

Squidy not playing dice with thegoddamns plan is interesting. I don't know what the hell to believe anymore, Haly is sleepwalking a response to this claim and I'm pretty much lost at sea. It's grim out here.

At least Darryl is making me smile.

giphy.gif

OMG you guys are mentaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

(though it is something to suddenly see mazre so active :>)

......... but you guys are mental. srsly. (that's my professhunal opinian. deal with it)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Eh, fine, since you guys seem to be dead set on this course.

I'm Nikolai Jakov, the
KGB Defector
, and I'm unaligned. I'm a weak cop, which means I die if I investigate a KGB. Role PM says it's because they'll find out where I'm hiding. Investigations are voluntary.

N1 - El Topo: Unaligned, RNG choice
N2 - Hobohodo: ISIS, no presence to speak of but never gets attention
N3 - Septimus: ISIS, D3 was El Topo's so I wanted to verify Seventh once and for all.
N4 - Crab: Yes, I'm also a timelord like squid.

I win when my "son", Archer, survives to the end, but I don't need to be alive for it to count as my win. It's retroactive, I guess to promote power usage. I was trying to play a quiet game and keep Ezekel in the clear. That thing on D3 was a bluff. I never had any intention of letting El Topo on a mission with Ezekel. I just wanted to get Kris off my case.

As for squid, if he's telling the truth I don't know why he gets a KGB result. My role doesn't have any additional clauses, so you'll have to ask him for details. Or perhaps it's related to a Mafia passive.

cabot

I'm Nikolai Jakov, the
KGB Defector
, and I'm unaligned. I'm a weak cop, which means I die if I investigate a KGB. Role PM says it's because they'll find out where I'm hiding. Investigations are voluntary.

N3 - Septimus: ISIS, D3 was El Topo's so I wanted to verify Seventh once and for all.

I win when my "son", Archer, survives to the end, but I don't need to be alive for it to count as my win. It's retroactive, I guess to promote power usage. I was trying to play a quiet game and keep Ezekel in the clear. That thing on D3 was a bluff. I never had any intention of letting El Topo on a mission with Ezekel. I just wanted to get Kris off my case.

As for squid, if he's telling the truth I don't know why he gets a KGB result. My role doesn't have any additional clauses, so you'll have to ask him for details. Or perhaps it's related to a Mafia passive.

No. No, that's ridiculous

Your an in universe character. Too much.

I'm Nikolai Jakov, the
KGB Defector

giphy.gif

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'm going to quote myself to point out that Haly (unintentionally?) kind of let slip that he has some kind of PR

I don't think you're mafia. You have been on my case since day 1, but haven't been able to gain any traction. Now you come forward with this thing at severe risk to yourself, but mess it up in the middle.

That tells me it's a gambit, like Topo's. I just don't get why now of all times, unless you had some sort of alt win-con as well. Like getting me lynched.

Why would his win-con be getting you lynched if you're just a drone

squidyj

Okay so Haly's claim, it does a couple of things, first of all, if he's telling the truth and we kill him we get Hobohodo and Septimus as confirmed town, those are good clears.

More problematically it's sort of an answer to the question I had about roles in this game. If you're mafia and you're going to get lynched, what can you claim to try to save your life? You can't claim ISIS staff because you open yourself up to be counterclaimed. You can try to claim minor characters and neutral characters. Or you can claim drone.

I think Haly is making this up, he was hoping that I would go away, that people would turn on me and now that he see's it isn't happening, and with the help of his mafia buddies he's invented a roleclaim.

Isn't it ironic?

Don't you think?

So if we kill Haly he can still win and we can confirm if Squidy was telling the truth.
If Haly is who he says he is, then we know 3 guaranteed town.

I'm Nikolai Jakov, the
KGB Defector

I'm going to ask for some clarification. You die if you investigate KGB members, but you investigated two KGB members and have not died?

Darryl

Banned
So if we kill Haly he can still win and we can confirm if Squidy was telling the truth.
If Haly is who he says he is, then we know 3 guaranteed town.

Yea. And with his role title, I'd bet he is essentially a lost partner. Probably doesn't die when he investigates KGB, he probably joins them. Assuming any of this is true, and if it is, we have 2 clears of people who would have caused us trouble.

Mazre

Okay so Haly's claim, it does a couple of things, first of all, if he's telling the truth and we kill him we get Hobohodo and Septimus as confirmed town, those are good clears.

More problematically it's sort of an answer to the question I had about roles in this game. If you're mafia and you're going to get lynched, what can you claim to try to save your life? You can't claim ISIS staff because you open yourself up to be counterclaimed. You can try to claim minor characters and neutral characters. Or you can claim drone.

I think Haly is making this up, he was hoping that I would go away, that people would turn on me and now that he see's it isn't happening, and with the help of his mafia buddies he's invented a roleclaim.

Don't you think?

Did you break the rules with this post?

it easy for KGB to declare who's KGB and who is Agency right?

I dont buy Halypoo's claim :<

(i want to cuz i like corgis but .... i.... i just cant >____<)

Haly

it easy for KGB to declare who's KGB and who is Agency right?

I dont buy Halypoo's claim :<

(i want to cuz i like corgis but .... i.... i just cant >____<)
It's okay, this is why I didn't want to snap claim, because I knew no one would trust poor Jakov.

Haly

You can't claim ISIS staff because you open yourself up to be counterclaimed.

Cool, perhaps you should take this one step further to realize that KGB at risk of lynching loses nothing by claiming ISIS. Get counteclaimed? Super! One more revealed PR for KGB to target while the sacrificial lamb gets bused.

I don't want darryl to unvolunteer, I want darryl there.
Hey man, that's fair. We need to get Cabbeh and Gorlak to unvolunteer, then.

Did you break the rules with this post?
Look at you. Not contributing to the discussion except to take small pot shots at squidyj when there's a good chance he'll be on the mission tonight. All this activity when you usually have very little to say. In fact, you haven't said anything about Haly.

You seem really concerned about having squidy on the mission and I'm not sure why
I want him to investigate Marzipan.

Top Bottom