• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

ER said that you believe his is town-aligned and that you don't believe that he is BP. Having Squidyj inves ER won't make you trust him forever since Squidyj said he only gets alignments
Are you daft? I don't need to test Ezekel's bulletproof vest if I can get his alignment, directly, from a cop!

Haly is either KGB or playing a horrible round of town this game.
Okay Captain Vacuous Concurrence, we agree, so why are you preventing squidyj from getting on the mission?

And why is squidyj playing an anti-town game by staying off the mission?

What in the holy hell is going on?

Mazre

What in the holy hell is going on?

bygDR4A.png

Palmer_v1

Post 1 of my Haly analysis. Note that Haly hadn't stood out to me in any particular way prior to squidyj's thing. I'm biased towards him by virtue of being a Corgi owner. This is only the first half of his posts. I'm just deleting any that seem to be pure fluff. I do not have a problem with fluff, but there's nothing to comment on.

Man what the fuck, I wanted to Volunteer.

Fuggit.

VOLUNTEER

Wanted to volunteer Day 1. Just something to note.

To elaborate on it, a good town is someone who is active in finding scum. This means discussion and voting. Staying silent is anti-town. Confusing people with "noise" is also anti-town.

Although this last one means 5 pages of wall-o-text discourses on why should vote such-and-such player is also anti-town... *cough*.

Anyway for new players, I think we have a few, it's understandable to remain silent because it's difficult to grasp the whole scale of the game your first time around. Just know that doing so makes you suspicious. Generally, when people can't form an opinion on you, they'll become resentful and are more likely to vote you out so try your best to get your voice out there.

Not sure why he would think this type of post is anti-town. Is he scum that doesn't want this very thing to catch him? Otherwise I agree with his advice here.

Yes, this is my thought as well. While it sounds nice, the logistics would put more of a strain on everyone more than there already is. Basically it quintuples the "voting evidence".

For what it's worth I don't agree with this part specifically.

This would be you enforcing an ad-hoc player-driven mechanic which seems... off.

And anyway, anyone who breaks the "rules" we set for volunteer voting will just be putting a target on themselves.

That's fine, as long as no one feels obligated by any higher power (you) to stick to the democratic volunteering.

Mission talk. He's mostly opposed to organizing it, which I personally agree with.

For the record, I think 5 is more likely than 4, and 4 more likely than 6. 5+1 neutral would also make more sense than 6.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a role like that Smuggler guy in the Star Wars thread whose alt-win is to go on X number of missions.

Some speculation. Nothing wrong with it. Only noting it for the possible role hint.

I think Volunteering is a bit like one-night Commuting, so it's easy to see why a lot of people are gung-ho about it.

Personally, I just wanted to participate, because I wasn't able to do anything interesting last game. Not like those lucky guys with their neighbors and parties and shit. foreveralone.jpg

Wanted to be on mission to have extra impact on game. Fair enough.

I think people just misread the missions thing, squidy.

To clarify, from what I'm seeing:

Phases go: Day -> Twilight -> Night -> Day

Voting/lynching happens as the "last" event of the day. Twilight roles take effect during twilight, and the mission begins at the "start" of Night, where players are limited in who they can target.

It's easy to see someone mixing up "end of the day" with "start of the night", especially since this mechanic is unfamiliar.

Clarifying missions.

Since Ouro/Ezekel isn't here I'll do the honors:

squidyj (1)
Mazre

haly (1)
Seath

EzekelRAGE (1)
cabbeh

Roytheone (1)
El Topo

As much as I support a Day 1 lynch, I really need to see more from people to make any kind of guess at all. It's not like Animal Crossing D1 where there was a clear choice I was cockblocked on and I don't want to vote for Seath again.

Covering for Seath a little.

Mazre was on the dot last game in Day 1. I was going to bandwagon whoever he voted, except squidyj is very valuable as town. Even if he's a KGB covering for himself, discussion is still ultimately pro-town so I decided not to vote for him.

VOTE: roytheone

Reasoning:

1) We're on the brink of voting on whether we should vote for volunteer privileges. If this is not noise, I don't know what is. If you're ISIS, Roy, I know you had our best interests at heart, but so far, this is the most anti-town move I've seen. It's like crowdsourcing fluff generation.

2) We have a three way tie, down from a four way tie. We're not getting anywhere. On the other hand, Danganronpafia has had 4-5 pages of nonstop discussion and voting. We need a majority to move things along.

Unrelated:

Razmos has a point. Some of our players are distinctly disadvantaged from participating in the Volunteer mechanic due to time zones. Unless Ouro switches the day opening time to give others a chance to be the first on the spyplane (i'm against this, it's like moderator favoring), players like YesNo will pretty much never make it on the plane.

Mafia may be not always be fair to players, but it's still a game, and it's a poor thing for a game to exclude people who happen to live in the "wrong" time or place.

A vote for backup doctor. Covering for squidyj a little. Don't hold it against him. I was actually thinking Roy was a little scummy D1.

I immediately regret my decision.
facepalm.gif

Can we set this discussion aside until Ouro comes in to give his opinion? This is precisely what I didn't want to happen. It's easier to establish a "system" with Ouro present, because he gets final decision on rules anyway.

Let's vote and point fingers instead.

Alright, as long as that's clear then:

I'd like this to be the "gentleman's agreement":

1) We move down the list of volunteers with every day
2) Cannot volunteer while you're on the list (no queueing up multiple days)
3) Same queue rules as was established. If you unvolunteer and revolunteer, you go back to the end of the list

This way people who really want to get on that mission can do so just by being patient. KGB will have a hard time exploiting it for their own ends, nor can they do so without raising suspicion. This will not need to be managed anymore than Ouro is already managing the volunteer list, there's no subjectiveness here, it's plain for all to see.

I'd like for us to settle this issue ASAP. Preferably by the end of today (August 3rd 2015), once everyone has had a chance to check in.

You saw the Gossip chats last game. How useful were they, really? I think Palmer is right in that it's the best protection for surviving Night 1 because...

I think they're as much as a distraction as the chats were. There was only one player who really used his chat to his clear benefit, and he was not just scum, but he's also not in our game. I would prefer to subordinate it to the real game: voting for lynches.

-----------

Hah, if you're worried about that I'll unvolunteer to clear the air, but I don't think that would make a difference now that you've put this out.

They also can't target anyone outside the mission. It's almost a volunteer roleblock.

If we send all the Power Roles on the mission (the people who should be protected the most), then we just wind up constricting them.

Alternatively, if we only send non-Power pro-town players on the mission, we simply increase the odds of KGB hitting a Power Role, because we've removed four vanilla targets from play.

See how the payoffs play out? This mechanic is self-balancing. A player can protect themselves at Night, sure, but they also neuter themselves if they can get tangible results. I wanted to ignore it because we can use it to harm ourselves, unknowingly. This is why I wanted to make it a nonissue.

Really, I'd rather win a vanilla-ish game than lose because we misused a mechanic.

Bunch of mission talk.

Yes, super strong players like...

Tucah N1
Coppanova N2

-- Ezekel subbed in here --

Myself (I baited this one on D1) N3
LaunchpadMcQ N4

-- You subbed in here --

Mazre (revenge killed) N5
Myself (again, but it was actually successful) N6
Ezekel N7
squidy N8

Razmos N10

Wow, it's almost like they killed players who wouldn't set off alarms because this is exactly what they did and why they got away with it for so long. I'm flattered you think me and LMQ were the strongest daytime players, but I respectfully and unironically disagree.

I'm trying to find where, in this kill list, are all these "strongest day-time players". You got a full 3 days of activity, Ezekel had 5. No, both of you were left until the very end where leaving you alive was a real, actual danger. Otherwise you were working for them as much as the rest of us weaker players were.

HHA succeeded mostly because we killed ourselves, and so I think it's understandable that I want to prevent this from happening again.

That's all I'll say on the AC game from now on, I know it's tiptoeing the rules and unfair to everyone else here. I just wanted to make sure no one had the wrong impression going by squidyj's vague, inaccurate statements.

Code:
Town
    - mazre
        - I have faith in his godlike intuition even if I don't agree with him on squidy
    - squidyj
	- Bad memory, but a good heart.
Scum
    - roy
        - Putting volunteer to voting was, imo, anti-town maneuver even if I don't read him as scum per se

Seems to favor Mazre for no apparent reason.

I don't agree roy, but I'd like to get it cleared today anyway because I don't want to go through with this next Day, or day.

I think it would be possible yes.

If it was the system I proposed, it's already there, we just need to agree, then move down the list.

If it was the system squidy proposed, then we need to get everyone to list their reads today and tomorrow, then tally the lists on the final day with a caveat that we can't change our lists on the final day.

If it was the idea of voting in it's unformed state, well, probably not, But we have real concrete options now so I think it's possible to implement them if we work together, and if we agree they should be implemented.

But Palmer raises a good point in that we can't really overrule Ourobolus. Unless everyone on the current volunteer list plays along, any discussion of how it should go is moot.

And that's fine too. Because the sooner we establish that we can't change the volunteering whatsoever, the sooner we can move past this as a topic of discussion.

Mission talk.

It's not just the post count but the content although post count is the easiest go through by far.

I'd like to see more concrete stuff from those at the bottom.

I agree.

As long as your stance remains stable on this front, I don't think we need to discuss this anymore. There's no way to implement a voting/queue unless everyone agrees to follow it. If we try to go ahead with some scheme while others refuse to play ball, then this will just lead to conflict and I'd rather not schism the entire thread on day one.

So let's go with this:

First come first serve, but if you want to appeal to volunteer or appeal to take someone off everyone should feel like they're free to do so. I feel like we should've suggested this earlier on instead of taking the volunteering as immutable canon, but you know, tunnel vision. This way, anyone who wants to mess with the mission will single themselves out in the process. Hopefully, this will assuage people's fears of exploitation by the KGB. It is better than arbitrary voting, at least, where KGB can hide among us in the same they can hide among wagons.

(This doesn't mean nobody needs to give reads, just so you know.)

Good morning everyone, gonna skim last night's stuff and get ready to head out.

How will you handle players who think like Palmer? Just vote for volunteers around him? You're speaking only of what you want, not what's practical.

I appreciate it, and then I unappreciate it!

Fair enough.

UNVOTE: roytheone

I agree with this. It's no coincidence that it's usually the newbies who are at the bottom of the list, or people with real time commitments, as far as I can tell. In the long term, it's not good for us (this entire community) if we make it a habit of kicking out new/inactive players. We made a big deal of emphasizing the time commitment specifically because we didn't want to resort to this.

I'm for looking at the volunteers instead, myself included.

Mission talk.

I'm a bit of a wreck right now after finishing A Little Life so I just skimmed the last few pages. I wanted to follow up with the post I made this morning concerning the volunteers.

Here, they're ranked in order of decreasing townness.

Palmer_v1 - Genuine, town-y reason to want to be on the mission even if it's a little self centered.
Squidyj - Pro-town behavior overall and discussion generation.
YesNOnoNOYes - Roleplaying a lot but mixes in real insight
El Topo - While he did take the initiative to vote roy, it seemed kind of haphazard and there was no follow through at all
Mazre - Maintained a measured tone somewhere between neutral and town even if he's not active
GreatLord Tiger - Enthusiastic about the game but did get confused due to inexperience
Arkos - Like Tiger but he's been less active

I'm actually going to give Tiger and Arkos the benefit of the doubt. I don't see either of them as natural manipulators like some people were last game *cough*. That leaves Mazre and El Topo up next. There's enough people voting for Mazre to provoke a response from him whenever he sees he's near the front so I will:

VOTE: El Topo

What up bruh? Are you still intent on roy even as he's picked up his responses?

I can't agree with killing people for not getting in line, figuratively or literally. If I had to leave my morals outside of it, I'd say no Mafia would risk standing as the one against the many.

Mission talk and reads. Helpful post.

Fluff: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=173875716&highlight=#post173875716

Didn't really get the mission mechanic and started his beef with you: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=173885520&highlight=#post173885520

Correction on that misunderstanding: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=173886054&highlight=#post173886054

More beef with you: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173886807&postcount=350

Thinking too hard about everything: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173971215&postcount=424

He's even seeking confirmation of basic Mafia theory: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174095175&highlight=#post174095175

Again, here, either he's playing the novice (possible, but unlikely and I'll explain why) or he's just genuinely confused: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174100026&highlight=#post174100026

Fluff and jokes: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174114501&highlight=#post174114501

Kind of flailing here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174151758&highlight=#post174151758

This doesn't read as "scum" to me. Perhaps it doesn't read as "town", but I don't expect novices to know how to look town. Looking town is a skill that's invaluable for both town AND mafia. Being scummy at Day 1 doesn't mean they're necessarily scum (although the odds are tad higher), it means they're not very good at presenting town. If you've been keeping up with the other games even in passing, you'd see this effect as well.

As for why I don't think he's playing the novice: Ouro said the mafia chat was opened 2 days before this thread was opened. This means they had the chance to sync up and prestragtegize. I don't think he would have to ask so many questions if he had coaches on Quicktopic. Crab once told me, when discussing the HHA players, that the best persona to assume is the one that comes most naturally to you, a.k.a, yourself. I would personally not send in a novice and tell them to play up their virgin game confusion.

A read on Arkos specifically.

I had a long post typed up but then I reread this and realized what it really meant. Yes, I agree. But I felt like that was a tacit part of any scheme to control volunteering. That if a player steps out of established bounds, they put the spotlight on themselves, and so Mafia would never risk it.

That doesn't matter, however, if we can't establish a system in the first place because we don't have the cooperation of all involved. Unless you really mean to just forget about Palmer and go ahead with your voting scheme, and then browbeat him into getting in line with the threat of lynch.

Mission talk.

Unvote: El Topo

I'd like to see more from TheGoddamn. I know it can be difficult balancing this game with timezones and commitments, and I don't expect you to go through everything with a fine-toothed comb, nor respond to everything. Just skim it over, we'll eventually reach a point where we're all skimming over everything anyway.

But you should throw out a vote at least, so we have a record of what you did, which will become increasingly important in the following days. The chances of your single vote leading to a lynch is slight, unless you can create a convincing argument, so that should take some of the pressure off of "getting it right".

Really, Day 1 lynches aren't about "getting it right", but about "getting everyone's voice out" so we have material to work with as information starts to trickle in from night kills, from roles, and from the lynches themselves.

Agree with this. Too many people are skating by without voting early.

Palmer_v1

Post 2. More to come.

Comedy central in the Danganronpa thread.

He was lynched first in the AC game because I leaned on his inexperience to back him into a corner he couldn't get out of. Understandably, the memory still stings.

If we're talking inactives, the poster I don't see anyone mention often now is EzekelRage. His posts don't have the smell of scum to them, but it's a very stark contrast from his posting habits before. Of all the ex-AC players, he's the one who's most significantly deviated from my image of him.

ER read.

This should be the last resort, because it doesn't require a lot of discussion or coordination. Just pick a name from the bottom four and then go for it. Activity, in raw numeric terms, is quantifiable.

But there's a full day left for those players to say their piece and I intend to give it to them.

Inactive lynch talk.

If I wasn't prepared to pick up Malory's slack, I wouldn't still have a job at ISIS.

soakysquid (1)
Mazre
Arkos
cooljeanius

El Topo (0)
Haly

Haly (1)
Seath

Seath (2)
roytheone
Hobohodo

Enker (1)
cabbeh

EzekelRAGE (0)
cabbeh

roytheone (1)
Haly
El Topo

cabbeh (0)
Squidyj

Mazre (3)
Palmer_v1
YesNOnoNOYes
Enker
cabbeh
TheGoddamn(Batman)

The Goddamn (0)
Palmer_v1

Razmos (1)
Squidyj

Visualante2 (1)
QuantumBro

GreatLord Tiger (4)
Burbeting
Hobohodo
Septimus Prime
Zubz

Burbeting (1)
Razmos

cooljeanius (1)
EzekelRAGE
cabbeh

Mike_Hawk689 (1)
Roytheone
cabbeh

Septimus Prime (1)
YesNOnoNOYes

Zubz (1)
Mazre

VOLUNTEERS
Mazre
Palmer_v1
Arkos
GreatLord Tiger
===BACKUP===
Haly
Squidyj
El Topo
YesNOnoNOYes

Ouro is a lazy bastard.

I guess it was unfair of me to expect the same level of activity without the same level of material.

Moving on... Vote: Mike_Hawk689

We've heard back from a lot of the other inactives, but I'm still waiting for something from you and Enker.

Reads, again:

Arkos - Novice player who understandably overreacts at pressure, nothing to see here. Newer players to revenge vote/press because they don't know what it means to present town, what it means to present scum, but they know they're town, so anyone who accuses them must be out to get them, a.k.a. scum.

YesNOnoNOYes - It's hard to separate the roleplaying from the seriousness but there's nothing definitely scum here.

Quantumbro - I agree with Burbeting in that QB is very much a blank slate, does pro-town things but doesn't necessarily read pro-town.

Palmer_v1 - Strong town vibes, mostly because of how he identified the protection afforded by volunteering and wasn't shy about standing by his snap decision. I can't think of a more honestly town statement than: "I want to survive Night 1 by any means necessary"

Hobohodo - Mafia scum that's not to be trusted! But no, jokes aside, recently he's taken to agreeing with me (not that I mind) and I haven't seen a lot of original thoughts from him.

El Topo - There's an uncanny absence there, not in terms of activity but in terms of emotional feedback. I'm not comfortable with it, but it's similar with Hobohodo, QuantumBro and Razmos.

Razmos - I don't get squidy's fixation with Razmos honestly, I agree with all the other ex-AC players that he's been pretty consistent with how he played last game. It's like leaning on Seath because he posts like he usually does.

Got bad vibes about El Topo, good vibes about me. More reads in general. Useful post even if I didn't agree. Also prodding inactives, which I agree with.

As I write that, Enker has posted so I'm just waiting on Mike now apparently.

It's possible for Mafia to double kill, but the thing is that double killing can lead to very lopsided games. 1 kill per night vs 1 lynch per day is standard for the simple reason that it leads to close (and therefore exciting and interesting) games.

As an example, both games last time had 23 players with 20-25% Mafia vs Town + Neutrals, and both came down to the wire. What happens if you give Mafia two kills per night? Well they'll advance the end game much faster and to balance that out you would have to halve the number of Mafia to 2-3.

But with only 2-3 Mafia, Town only needs to get lucky a few times to win the game immediately. So you would wind up with extreme games where Town gets luck and wins in a few days, or Mafia quickly dispatches Town before they can really mount a defense (the longer the games go, the more information on players they have, the better they can pinpoint Mafia). Mafia is better when there's less randomness involved, thus, 1 day lynch, 1 night kill.

This is more a design thing than secret knowledge.

Speculation/clarification.

Mafia (the game) is about:

One group of guys pretending they're part of the guys while killing them
Another group of guys trying to find the first group before they're all killed

So no, it's not very easy for scum to blend in. Well, it's easy on Day 1 because no one knows anyone else, there's nothing to work with, and everyone's guesses are as wild as everyone else's.

But as the game continues, you will be able to learn more and more about a person and answer the important question of: "Is this guy really who he says he is?" Because the scum have a very clear goal: Kill town until there's 50:50 town:scum (this is usually the end state but there are alternative end states). Every scum that's killed means a lot more town that has to die, so they need to watch out for their best interests. They need to make sure that, while pretending to be town, they don't screw themselves over. And while performing their juggling act of identities and priorities, they will (depending on their skill) start to slip up.

This is what we, as town, are looking for. The slip ups. And one of the ways we do this is applying pressure in the form of lynching. So, don't take it personally if squidyj or someone else is on your ass. It's the whole point of day time discussion.

You're probably familiar with the term "poker face". Mafia works similary. Except the scum is trying to keep up a "town face".

That said.

Even the town needs to learn how to put up a town face. You see, one of the reasons scum wins is that town will unavoidably kill themselves. Town has very little power, all they have is dialogue and their votes. They have to lynch someone in order to get scum. Scum obviously don't want to get killed, but town killing town means hitting the end game ratio that much faster, which is why, if you're innocent, you need to be able to look it. By doing so, you narrow the pool of suspects to suspicious folks. If a town player acts suspiciously, then that player will get the lynch even if they're innocent, because any choice is better than none. This is where you are at right now.

TL;DR

Town play - Offensive, find the liars
Scum play - Defensive, keep up the lie
Universal play - Look clean so you don't get killed by town while they're looking for the liars

And, finally, with all things being even, it's easier for town to look town because they don't have a double agenda. That's the main reason why pressure works. It's easier to be honest than to maintain a lie.

Helping the newbies.

I feel like you're ignoring the context.

1) Razmos had a day power (he actually activated the power that day on Timeaisis)
2) Ourobolus was, now that I read over it, risking himself a little to take the heat off franconp
3) Multiple roles were being claimed on all sides, Mazre softclaimed, Razmos softclaimed, franconp softclaimed, Ultron claimed that Doublelynch thing

If you split his posts between "pre role shenanigans" and "post role shenanigans" the contrast is very clear.

(Now I'm kind of bitter that everyone cockblocked my roomie evict
rage.gif
, damn you Karkador, you and your psychological defenses!)

((I spent like 30 minutes going over old posts, what a stroll down memory lane))

Defending razmos? Maybe I'm reading this one wrong. Who the hell replaced Razmos?

I think it's reasonable to assume that players with powers are more active because, well, they're excited about those powers.

In a game where 60-70% of people can only vote, a power is a big motivator to invest in the game. I'm not really talking about how much insight it gives, but the psychological effect of coming into a game as someone special.

Agree. Best players are going to be consistent regardless of role.

This is about half of his posts. I'll cover the other half in a bit. I have not come to any decisions yet.

Morning gang!

Haven't backread thoroughly. Two thingies though! Nyah. I'm not adorable I'm fearsome and mildly aggravating.

Squidy, would you please volunteer just for tonight. If your lead is bust, there will be no need for your hawt Lana body in the night missions anymore anyway. But ER is in the mission, so putting you in it achieves two goals with one stone! Pls

Pls? ;____;

Pls

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not sure why he would think this type of post is anti-town. Is he scum that doesn't want this very thing to catch him? Otherwise I agree with his advice here.

Trauma from last game. Basically, squid (town) and Ezekiel (town) tag teamed kingkitty until he broke from frustration. Like, three pages of text walls. No one else wanted to reply because no one wanted this attention on them or to read through everything.

Kitty wasn't even mafia.

Posting a long argument makes you look credible to others, and reinforces your own biases. It looks like effort, but it is actually showmanship.

The worst part is that it escalates with every poster trying to outdo the other. All three games have outposted the S1 game many times over, but have we become proportionally better scum hunters? No.

Detailed posts are good, but too much detail becomes noise, and creates a negative posting environment. THAT is anti town.

Haly

My phone is almost out of batteries. I'll return later tonight to make my case.

I'll preface this by saying that while I am suspicious of Haly, this isn't the way to go about it. If you think Haly is KGB or have an actual argument against him fine. If you're doing so in an attempt to prove/disprove squidyj as an investigator then let me save you the trouble. This is a complete farce and squidyj is lying about being an investigator. When I mentioned a double down earlier it wasn't in regards to his investigations, it was in regards to the claim of being an investigator. That said I'm also not convinced that squidyj is necessarily KGB, it really does seem like such a terrible play from KGB perspective, and honestly not much better from town side.

How can I be so sure? Well it honestly goes back to being on the missions, and that's about as far as I'm willing to disclose at the moment. Related to that I see that people are once again pointing out my volunteering. Let me point out what should be painfully obvious. Mafia is a game of information, information is power, the missions are an extra source of information. With the exception of Burbeting and a few exceptions based on PRs people should want to be on the missions. They provide both information and at least in the early going of the game some perceived safety. We were fortunate night 1 and 3 but it could just as easily been a total of 6 kills (or more potentially) during that period.

For now:

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

Has been almost a complete non-entity this game and with the exception of one replaced player didn't even cast a vote on D2.
This is nonsense. You say you're sure, but you don't want to share with us why you're sure.

giphy.gif

We have no leads at all right now, so if you have something, share it. Otherwise, our best bet is to test this newest role claim, since it will more than likely lead to a KGB member.

Septimus, the whole game you've been going aginst Squidyj, but as soon as he claims cop or agent or operative, you side with him? I have no objection about what Squidyj is saying it can be true, but with all these mistakes? 4 check in 3 nights, different roles names? Claiming to be something else in missions and saying their all fake claims, I wouldn't be surprised if this claim is fake also given the fact that you've been against Haly since day 1.

Mazre, a vote against me when there's something much more bigger happening right now? Really?
OMGUS lol
I don't actually trust squidyj. But since he made the role claim, the best thing we can do is test it. If it turns out he is right about Haly, I'll gladly eat crow and drop my suspicion of him (although, yes, that "trap" doesn't make sense to me, either). And if it turns out he's lying, then, well, we'll get him on the next day phase. It's win-win for me.

Not that you guys think I'm town, but anyone going out of their way to not vote for Haly right now reads extremely anti-town to me.

I prefer to play my own way but I'm really curious what this would accomplish, if I'm on the chopping block.
For the record, I don't actually really suspect you. I just think our best move right now is to test squidyj's role claim.

Trauma from last game. Basically, squid (town) and Ezekiel (town) tag teamed kingkitty until he broke from frustration. Like, three pages of text walls. No one else wanted to reply because no one wanted this attention on them or to read through everything.

Kitty wasn't even mafia.

Posting a long argument makes you look credible to others, and reinforces your own biases. It looks like effort, but it is actually showmanship.

The worst part is that it escalates with every poster trying to outdo the other. All three games have outposted the S1 game many times over, but have we become proportionally better scum hunters? No.

Detailed posts are good, but too much detail becomes noise, and creates a negative posting environment. THAT is anti town.

Wasn't the same thing done to Ouro or Hobo and they turned out to be Mafia? Also you sort of did the same thing with Hippie last game? Comparing posting to the first gaf mafia game isn't really a good gauge of things either.

Darryl

Banned
I hope playing your way winds up being pro-town, because at the moment it reads like a defeated scum hit by a deus ex machina

squidyj

I'll preface this by saying that while I am suspicious of Haly, this isn't the way to go about it. If you think Haly is KGB or have an actual argument against him fine. If you're doing so in an attempt to prove/disprove squidyj as an investigator then let me save you the trouble. This is a complete farce and squidyj is lying about being an investigator. When I mentioned a double down earlier it wasn't in regards to his investigations, it was in regards to the claim of being an investigator. That said I'm also not convinced that squidyj is necessarily KGB, it really does seem like such a terrible play from KGB perspective, and honestly not much better from town side.

How can I be so sure? Well it honestly goes back to being on the missions, and that's about as far as I'm willing to disclose at the moment. Related to that I see that people are once again pointing out my volunteering. Let me point out what should be painfully obvious. Mafia is a game of information, information is power, the missions are an extra source of information. With the exception of Burbeting and a few exceptions based on PRs people should want to be on the missions. They provide both information and at least in the early going of the game some perceived safety. We were fortunate night 1 and 3 but it could just as easily been a total of 6 kills (or more potentially) during that period.

For now:

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

Has been almost a complete non-entity this game and with the exception of one replaced player didn't even cast a vote on D2.

except you haven't used any of this supposed information you say you have for the benefit of town. So why should we want you on the mission?

Haly

Wasn't the same thing done to Ouro or Hobo and they turned out to be Mafia?
Not to nearly the same extent as KK.

Also you sort of did the same thing with Hippie last game?
And I still beat myself up over it.

Anyway I didn't mean to call out you two. Both of you have mellowed out since then but I still see an arms race of posting going on and I'd rather nip it in the bud.

Darryl

Banned
I know that if someone came out as cop and accused me of being mafia, calling them town and letting it slide would be the last thing I'd do. A passionate speech at the end scolding us, I just can't wait for it Haly.

Mazre

except you haven't used any of this supposed information you say you have for the benefit of town. So why should we want you on the mission?

I'm sorry did you have any actual evidence against Haly? Or are we just supposed to play along to your scheme for the hell of it?

Haly

I hope playing your way winds up being pro-town, because at the moment it reads like a defeated scum hit by a deus ex machina
That post was not intended to be a defense for this game, but a commentary on GAFia and a forward thinking observation.

squidyj

Basically, Mazre is scum because he's acting like a scumlord all game and this is his argument? I feel like Mazre is setting himself up to kill on the mission sometime when somebody new comes in and then he'll blame it on the new guy and say "I WAS ON MISSIONS THE WHOLE TIME YOU GUYS, WHY WOULDN'T I HAVE KILLED EARLIER?" don't listen to him.

Haly's scum he can't defend himself for shit this game. He claims drone in a game with easily recognizable power roles. I have a check on him.

Septimus is scum, he took the first bus out of haly town when I dropped my check, he's got his pompoms on cheering this whole thing on. then he gets everything wrong that he can, gives weird reads.

Seath is a neutral scumbag. I find it hard to believe that he's a pro-town neutral, he should die soon. Remember he used the term unaligned first, before we knew anything about Topopopopopopopopopo's role.

Darryl is leaning town.

Zeke is town, he has been very helpful of late, I won't check him, even if you get me to come on the mission I won't check zeke, it's a waste of my time.

Palmer is town, I have a check on him. He needs to step back a bit sometimes though, look at the bigger picture.

squidyj

I'm sorry did you have any actual evidence against Haly? Or are we just supposed to play along to your scheme for the hell of it?

you've been in 3 night chats, right? what have you got? cmon lets hear it. What precious information are you going to use to advance the town agenda?

Darryl

Banned

So far I haven't seen anything substantial from either Haly nor Squidyj, neither for nor against. Squidyj blatantly making up role claims and Haly being unable to create a common sense defense, reeking of a continuation of the tiptoe strategy he has been using the entire game. Let's hope town catches Squidyj for me, so I can continue going unnoticed!

These two idiots are probably both scum and they don't even know it by some role fuckery coming from The Great God Ouruborus.

squidyj

Septimus, the whole game you've been going aginst Squidyj, but as soon as he claims cop or agent or operative, you side with him? I have no objection about what Squidyj is saying it can be true, but with all these mistakes? 4 check in 3 nights, different roles names? Claiming to be something else in missions and saying their all fake claims, I wouldn't be surprised if this claim is fake also given the fact that you've been against Haly since day 1.

Mazre, a vote against me when there's something much more bigger happening right now? Really?
OMGUS lol

to be clear it's Lana Kane, The Operative, I have the cop role power, and when I called myself The Agent I was making a point, I never intended for you to believe it was Lana Kane, The Agent.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
This is a complete farce and squidyj is lying about being an investigator.
How can I be so sure? Well it honestly goes back to being on the missions, and that's about as far as I'm willing to disclose at the moment.

Are you sure that squid head is lying or just that someone is lying?

Top Bottom