• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Palmer_v1

Well...I wouldn't go that far quite yet.

He threw himself out there to get Haly and was cleared by our confirmed cop. He's about as green as you can be this game.

I don't need to know shit about his ability, but I trust he'll keep using it effectively each night.

I really don't understand you though. I really hope you have a good reason for continuing to go on the mission while barely taking advantage of the benefits it provides. If Darryl hadn't cleared you, you'd be the one I was trying to lynch today.

Mazre

He threw himself out there to get Haly and was cleared by our confirmed cop. He's about as green as you can be this game.

I don't need to know shit about his ability, but I trust he'll keep using it effectively each night.

I really don't understand you though. I really hope you have a good reason for continuing to go on the mission while barely taking advantage of the benefits it provides. If Darryl hadn't cleared you, you'd be the one I was trying to lynch today.

Are you drunk? Squidyj was never cleared by Darryl and I'm not even on the current volunteer list.

squidyj

Squidy, what is your plan to verify our roles once we're on the mission?

The goal is pretty simple, if we put all or most of the top scum in the mission it tells us someone outside that group is a killer. We have to reevaluate the outsiders.

If we get no kills we can vote no lynch a couple of day phases and see if it keeps up and then start lynching the mission team.

If we get a kill on the mission then we can lynch from the mission team.

Hi guys :>

At work now. Sort-of-kind-of caught up :D

I unvoted Haly cuz I needed to back read and understands what was going on. And didn't want to end the day too fast.

I'm fine with us going for Gorlak today :> Will vote once everyone seems okay with turbo~

Oh and if cabbeh, arkos or thegoddamn wants back on the mission, I can unvolunteer. Just keeping the seat warm. TBH I thought the missions were mini-game at first but then found out that it was just chatties so I'm cool with not experiencing it. But if everyone's okay with yeeny spamming the mission chat with emoticons, I totes can keep my seat :D

Um. So many new info @____@ I shall be back with more coherent posties.......... soon. ish. ly.

Palmer_v1

Are you drunk? Squidyj was never cleared by Darryl and I'm not even on the current volunteer list.

Ooh got the clearing mixed up with ER. I guess I trust that he's not mafia then, but he still could be Neutral. If he is, I'm pretty sure I know what his win condition is, and it doesn't conflict with town.

I really thought you had volunteered again too, but that was just people talking about previous nights.

So... sorry! I still didn't like your actions from previous days/nights, but I'm glad you didn't volunteer this time.

squidyj

By my count we'll have 15 players left, and we'll be down 2 scum with seath as basically confirmed neutral. so 14 real players in the game with maybe 3? scum

if we isolate a group of 4 players and a kill happens outside that group we can say

there is at least 1 mafia in the remaining 9 players. which might not seem like a lot statistically, but it also says "there is a mafia that isn't one of these 4 people we suspect the most" and both of these things grow more valuable as the game goes on. the 9 becomes 7, and then 5, and then 3, and the top 4 scum become better and better reads improving our likelihood of just shutting mafia down.

squidyj

Ooh got the clearing mixed up with ER. I guess I trust that he's not mafia then, but he still could be Neutral. If he is, I'm pretty sure I know what his win condition is, and it doesn't conflict with town.

I really thought you had volunteered again too, but that was just people talking about previous nights.

So... sorry! I still didn't like your actions from previous days/nights, but I'm glad you didn't volunteer this time.

dude. Brett Bunsen is an ISIS employee. It's all he is, all he knows. I'm not a neutral with a weird win condition!

I am inclined to vote Gorlak for today.

However, I'm extremely suspicious of Kristoffer's insistence of being read as town, specifically his reaction after Ezekel's published picture. Especially when there's no pressure on him, at all.

Why am I still not blue? :/
You mean you didn't really care about what I had to say? AND I'm not town-aligned, in your eyes?
:(

UNVOTE. VOTE: Kristoffer

even throwing shade my way

I took this seriously. I unvolunteered when you said you felt uncomfortable. I parleyed with you.

I thought we were pals. And yet I can't even get a measely little blue highlight, when TheGoddamn shows up for a single day and gets check-a-roo'd?

The first image's highlights are the facts as we know them, based on flips and their associated implications, that is, Darryl's cop reads.

The second image assumes certain things, but things that have a basis in reality. Ezekel didn't put Arkos, cabbeh, and squidyj there arbitrarily. Arkos and cabbeh both used the "drone" terminology before Ourobolus placed the role flavor text in the original posts.

And squidy orchestrated the lynching of the KGB boss at great risk to himself, which is extremely pro-town. If it's a bus (which is still possible, but very unlikely), then it's a fucking incredibly risky one, given Haly's power.

Besides, there are other much more town-reading ones that on either list that have not been highlighted, such as Palmer and YNNNY. And they very well could be KGB. If they are still suspect, why do you think you deserve special treatment?

Just saw this.

Nothing else mentioned today, and hops on the mission.

Questionbro! What are you doing man!

I'll tell you all everything tomorrow, if I'm still alive ;)

In hindsight, I wish I could take back my volunteer since Mazre's now clear, but at least YNNYN is going along, she's now the last person on my suspects.

I'm going to shut up now.

Kevyt

Sorry all it's really hard to keep up right now, especially with school starting.

I am sorry to put more burden on based Ouro and everyone else but I will have to withdraw from the game.

If based Ouro has a replacement handy, it will be really good. Sorry I didn't tell this before ahead of time but I thought I would be able to keep up, and nope.

Have fun y'all!

And again, I'm so sorry everyone and based Ouro! I should have asked for a replacement earlier before the day started.

Sorry all it's really hard to keep up right now, especially with school starting.

I am sorry to put more burden on based Ouro and everyone else but I will have to withdraw from the game.

If based Ouro has a replacement handy, it will be really good. Sorry I didn't tell this before ahead of time but I thought I would be able to keep up, and nope.

Have fun y'all!

And again, I'm so sorry everyone and based Ouro! I should have asked for a replacement earlier before the day started.

Good luck with your semester!

I'll tell you all everything tomorrow, if I'm still alive ;)

In hindsight, I wish I could take back my volunteer since Mazre's now clear, but at least YNNYN is going along, she's now the last person on my suspects.

I'm going to shut up now.

Spill the beans. Stop teasing us with that crap

Have fun y'all!

Awww Seath, it's been fun playing with you :>

Sorry if I drilled hard into you in-game ;____;
phrasing?
And goood luuuccccccckkkk with school! o/

@Seath good luck
@QB - the whole "I'll confess everything 2mrw" thing hasn't really worked for town this game. Your on a mission which provides a small bit of protection. With how you typed that, it seems you have a power role, so might as well spill it. Especially if it can prove are ISIS.

It's also odd that you would reveal/post something like that when you really didnt have to at all.

Have fun y'all!

Good luck with school!

"Go. To. Class." -GAF

Spill the beans. Stop teasing us with that crap

https://youtu.be/Yop62wQH498?t=15s

@QB - the whole "I'll confess everything 2mrw" thing hasn't really worked for town this game. Your on a mission which provides a small bit of protection. With how you typed that, it seems you have a power role, so might as well spill it. Especially if it can prove are ISIS.

It's also odd that you would reveal/post something like that when you really didnt have to at all.
Well I actually had a whole nother plan lined up, but then Darryl had to go ruin it by dying. And since I already volunteered, might as well hint at something

We're going to lynch Gorlak today, so it doesn't really matter. It's obvious QB's claiming he has a power role, so we should just let him do whatever he's going to do and check back on him tomorrow.

Ourobolus

Banned
All right. I thought it over and I don't really think it's fair to put in a replacement player into someone in Seath's current position in the game. So with that...
MODKILL: Seath

Seath said:
You are Conway Stern, the Mercenary.

You are unaligned.

An exceptional field agent and master of the double-cross, you received orders from a third-party to come here and assassinate Sterling Archer. Unfortunately, you just had a long, arduous discussion with your rabbi who mentioned something about not killing people, and you took it to heart. For now, at least.

So, you’ll just have to get someone else to do it.

You win when Sterling Archer is killed through voting, and you are a part of the voting bloc.
If the above condition is unattainable, your win condition changes to simply surviving until the end of the game.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

Actually, it would be nice for some clarification so that QB doesn't fill-in-the-blanks with whatever details emerge from Gorlak's lynch and tonight's night actions. So a soft-claim with meat is in order, especially considering the fact that QB has been under some suspicion for at least the past two days.

I don't remember who mentioned this today, but I agree that YesNo has very weird voting patterns. She jumps in, distracts us with her personality, seems ISIS because of how enthusiastic she is, but then doesn't contribute except in weird, chaotic ways, like supporting my plan to put El Topo on the mission. She also unvoted for Haly and didn't revote during his catastrophic meltdown, even though she was clearly posting and active. That... is suspect.

QuantumBro is clearing YesNo just because she volunteers, and to me it sounds like collusion. He's also had nothing to say about Gorlak. Has YesNo said anything about him?

Actually, it would be nice for some clarification so that QB doesn't fill-in-the-blanks with whatever details emerge from Gorlak's lynch and tonight's night actions. So a soft-claim with meat is in order, especially considering the fact that QB has been under some suspicion for at least the past two days.

I don't remember who mentioned this today, but I agree that YesNo has very weird voting patterns. She jumps in, distracts us with her personality, seems ISIS because of how enthusiastic she is, but then doesn't contribute except in weird, chaotic ways, like supporting my plan to put El Topo on the mission. She also unvoted for Haly and didn't revote during his catastrophic meltdown, even though she was clearly posting and active. That... is suspect.

QuantumBro is clearing YesNo just because she volunteers, and to me it sounds like collusion. He's also had nothing to say about Gorlak. Has YesNo said anything about him?

If all y'all got against me is just cuz I didnt want to end the day early on Haly's vote, then Palmer and Ezekel's pleas not to end the day early today looks a bit ridic :>

I has gots theories but these new developments are scandabulous~ I needs some time before I can make one of my legendary long (and OCD) posts :3

Also QB was on my suss list. I spoketh how he had the weakest everrrrr vote when he went for cooljeanius instead of resolving the impending tie between Zubz and Darryl on Day 2. So, do your research well, KittyKris~

nyah~

Enker

I was almost beginning to forget the whole Honeypot thing...

This pretty much confirms the whole KGB investigator concept too, unless everyone in the game has some sort of awesome role they’ve been way too efficient with the kills.

I was almost beginning to forget the whole Honeypot thing...

This pretty much confirms the whole KGB investigator concept too, unless everyone in the game has some sort of awesome role they’ve been way too efficient with the kills.
Apparently Darryl admitted to being the cop last night in the mission chat, or Gorlak figured it out. I doubt there's a KGB investigator.

If all y'all got against me is just cuz I didnt want to end the day early on Haly's vote, then Palmer and Ezekel's pleas not to end the day early today looks a bit ridic :>

I has gots theories but these new developments are scandabulous~ I needs some time before I can make one of my legendary long (and OCD) posts :3

Also QB was on my suss list. I spoketh how he had the weakest everrrrr vote when he went for cooljeanius instead of resolving the impending tie between Zubz and Darryl on Day 2. So, do your research well, KittyKris~

nyah~
That doesn't necessarily exonerate you! I'm still waiting for your reads and you assessment of this situation.

no hard feelings btw, just trying to put some hard pressure on you

phrasing!!

Apparently Darryl admitted to being the cop last night in the mission chat, or Gorlak figured it out. I doubt there's a KGB investigator.

That doesn't necessarily exonerate you! I'm still waiting for your reads and you assessment of this situation.

no hard feelings btw, just trying to put some hard pressure on you

phrasing!!

is kay :> but .... i wouldnt call what you're doing.... uh hard.... :3
o snap

like i said, i has theories (i always do XD) but it will take awhile to compose, cuz my head is mostly a bag of cats and my biggu posts takes efforts to put together v____v;;;;

Thoughts of what me and TG said about you kris?

You win when Sterling Archer is killed through voting, and you are a part of the voting bloc.
If the above condition is unattainable, your win condition changes to simply surviving until the end of the game.
tumblr_mmwpx3EETW1sr6hpbo2_500.gif

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Holy wow! That's quite a start to the day. Squid face, I figured your claim yesterday was some sort of cover/gambit aimed at Darryl, good/sad to know he was the cop. Sounds like Gorlak is going to have to go. Bummer that Seath's role couldn't have gone to someone more active, nice idea though Ouro.

I probably won't be able to really read through everything until sometime tomorrow (hopefully) but at a glance it looks like Gorlak is a good kill and if you need me to volunteer just let me know.

LANAAAAAAAAAAA

Palmer_v1

Lyncher role like that pretty much needs to claim cop to accomplish their goal. It's usually a very anti-town role. He should have joined a mission and claimed knowledge about ER. Oh well.

Was looking back at the thread and saw the post seath made about the conway stern roleclaim being fake to catch squidy lol. shortened it but here it is below. Nice try and his end to cover himself I guess.

Excellent, most excellent.

I actually am not Conway Stern. But this post above is all I needed. I'm surprised you all forgot about this:

Lyncher role like that pretty much needs to claim cop to accomplish their goal. It's usually a very anti-town role. He should have joined a mission and claimed knowledge about ER. Oh well.

Or just counterclaimed me:

If Seath's claim is true then all he had to do was counter claim Archer and convinced you guys to vote for me. Me getting lynched wouldve proved I was Archer but he wouldve met his win condition already. I most likely wouldve sacrificed myself to prove him wrong so this game was very winnable for him.

squidyj

Holy wow! That's quite a start to the day. Squid face, I figured your claim yesterday was some sort of cover/gambit aimed at Darryl, good/sad to know he was the cop. Sounds like Gorlak is going to have to go. Bummer that Seath's role couldn't have gone to someone more active, nice idea though Ouro.

I probably won't be able to really read through everything until sometime tomorrow (hopefully) but at a glance it looks like Gorlak is a good kill and if you need me to volunteer just let me know.

LANAAAAAAAAAAA

why did you figure it was aimed at Darryl?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
why did you figure it was aimed at Darryl?

He mentioned it N1 so I figured he had mentioned it again while you were on the mission and you were trying to draw KGB out. I thought maybe you didn't trust him and were trying to get him to counter claim in the thread, or else you were trying to draw out a mafia target, or present the results of his investigations without him having to do it.

Gorlak

Banned
@Palmer: Darryl said you're not be trusted (night chat), just so you know.

In general: I have to repeat myself, this night chat wasn't useful. Certain people join and contribute nothing, I wanted to discuss things but except from Eze they went quiet. I had no idea who the cop was and they didn't even want to discuss who could be cop even after squidyjs fake claim.

In a world where I would be mafia:
Razmos goes after one day phase and says "meh, being mafia is boring, replace me". Than another two days come and go and AwesomePossum states "meh, being mafia is boring, replace me". Now I join the game after 3 Days, get shouted at from Darryl (aka me clashing with him, yeah sure go, read and see who was the aggressive one). So I decide to go on a mission and kill him? He was the last one to join the mission. You really think it would be a well thought move to be this obvious and kill, the one person who argued with me, the first night on chat? How likely is a setting like this? Are you kidding me?

If I'm mafia... Well worst mafia ever.

I tend to think of a smart mafia play and do indeed believe this was a set-up.

Oh. I guess another possibility is that there is a KGB member who checks as town when investigated. It could be that Mazre or Ezekel has this kind of role.

Ding Ding Ding!

Anything else doesn't make sense, because I know I'm town.

@Gor As far as facts go we know there was a kgb who could mess up alignments, but he wasn't on the mission for that to take place with mazre. Darryl cleared me and Maz thru mission. So making a theory about a cop immune KGB doesnt really do much at the moment. You are our best lead.

Are you really asking me for my opinion or is this just filler?
I don't understand how you could possibly read that as filler.

cabot

@Palmer: Darryl said you're not be trusted (night chat), just so you know.

In general: I have to repeat myself, this night chat wasn't useful. Certain people join and contribute nothing, I wanted to discuss things but except from Eze they went quiet. I had no idea who the cop was and they didn't even want to discuss who could be cop even after squidyjs fake claim.

In a world where I would be mafia:
Razmos goes after one day phase and says "meh, being mafia is boring, replace me". Than another two days come and go and AwesomePossum states "meh, being mafia is boring, replace me". Now I join the game after 3 Days, get shouted at from Darryl (aka me clashing with him, yeah sure go, read and see who was the aggressive one). So I decide to go on a mission and kill him? He was the last one to join the mission. You really think it would be a well thought move to be this obvious and kill, the one person who argued with me, the first night on chat? How likely is a setting like this? Are you kidding me?

If I'm mafia... Well worst mafia ever.

I tend to think of a smart mafia play and do indeed believe this was a set-up.

Ding Ding Ding!

Anything else doesn't make sense, because I know I'm town.

Ok what I see here:

PANIC! I'll convince them I'm not scum. Look! I'll put words in my predecessors' mouths
I'll place trust on one of the most suspicious/scummiest members.

Razmos did not leave because he was bored, AwesomePossum did not leave because he was bored. Don't try to re-shape others behaviour you horrible villain. This is about you and no one else.

As for yeeny's suspicion. She's contributed pretty majorly and she did actually vote for Haly in the end. Did ye's forget? There was no pressure to do so, he was dead regardless of her vote, just would've been a little later.

I am confident she's town for now. Ezekel, please reconsider, Septimus agrees with you for goodness sake!!

I didn't vote for Haly, guys. Let's lynch me next!

Top Bottom