• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

Will you spend money on XBOX ?

• Total voters

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Yes.

Game Pass is the only reason I'm playing relatively new games, far more than I'd buy otherwise. It also allows me to play indies and AA games for which popular opinion is very unreliable, even from dedicated gamers. It also gives me an incentive to play more, not just buy games and let them rot in my backlog. If I bought games like Cocoon or Planet of Lana, even on a sale, I'd feel like I wasted my money. Much better to just play them via GP, and it saves money as well.

And then Xbox is the only system I have to play games with good specs. It would be a much worse waste to buy multiplats on Switch, where they won't achieve current-gen specs even if they get upgraded on Switch 2 (believe), than it is to get them on Xbox, even accounting for its uncertain future.

Astral Dog

Not since the 360 days,i dislike that company , they made me ponder about investing on GamePass for awhile but when the hype died out i see what they offered in exclusive games and just rather invest my time/money on PlayStation and Nintendo, their acquisition move was a strong one but nothing has come out of it other than dissapointment they remind me of modern Disney

Mowcno

I have owned every Xbox system released to date but at this point don't see them luring me in again. I also plan on letting my gamepass sub end after being subscribed since the launch of FH4. So my six year sub will end in a few months.

So I'm basically out of their ecosystem. If any of their future first party titles appeal to me I'll either buy on steam or get a single month of GP as and when.

Tiamat2san

Still invested because of gamepass.
I’ll buy all multi plateform games on PS5 once the pro is released.
If they do release gears/ halo/ killer instinct on PS5 i’ ll buy everything there for the pro enhancements .

Last edited:
I bought Hellblade 2 but frankly I haven’t been using my Xbox in a while because I’m enjoying other platforms a lot more. The way things are, the management, their shills and so on I begrudge giving them any more money and after Hellblade 2 , as it stands , Im not interested in any other major release slated for this year so far. Avowed and Indiana Jones look underwhelming from what I’ve seen, don’t care for Stalker 2 either.

As for features, the themes are barely an improvement on PS3 at best, the Achievements system still hasn’t been improved like they said they would and Game DVR is cack.

It’s probably out of habit as a Xbox fan as to the reason why I still have a Series X, clearly I’m not enjoying it so I should sell it whilst there is any sense of value left to the thing.

Last edited:

Codes 208

If you bought it on steam no 😂
I have gamepass PC for most games, but for games like halo that I prefer playing on steam, they still get paid for it and every transaction I’ve made.

I’ve admittedly spent about $50 on halo infinite’s multiplayer

So yeah, despite not getting the full cut, I would still technically be in their ecosystem

yazenov

Some of you guys like living on the edge. The "Xbox ecosystem" is a dead man walking.

Last edited:

Elbereth

Yes, for Gamepass until my sub runs out in 2026. Renewing it will depend on Microsofts actions before then…

National Football League Sport GIF by Andrey Smirny

Kssio_Aug

Currently I am. Still enjoying Game Pass, the current Series features, it's backwards compatibility and such.

But I will be honest... next generation (or at any moment, really) I will most likely just move to PC instead. I think PC this generation has gained A LOT by receiving practically full support by Microsoft and a crescent amount of support by Sony, that's hard not to think that is currently, by far, the most interesting platform on the market.

PC has its downsides, but I'll probably face it to get its multitude of current benefits. Although that means that I will probably continue supporting MS in a way, as long as I believe their GP subscription is worth it at least.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm buying physical games for my XSX from time to time since they're 30 - 40% cheaper than on PS5 (e.g. bought Banishers last week on XSX instead of PS5 as it was €20 cheaper). I'm also slowly but surely building up my library of 360 BC titles.

Oh and I don't really care about game pass since I usually just buy the games I want to play so currently I'm unsubbed.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Gamepass alone is worth it to me plus if they get a nice powerful Xbox/PC for GTA 6 launch they can take my money
I might xss for gta6. But that is only stretch I am willing to give to these consoles.

Loved game pass early, but now its not that good for me right now, unless they put COd

Last edited:

King Dazzar

For me I’m not investing in Gamepass, Xbox or the Microsoft store until Microsoft show me commitment to gaming…I lost all confidence in them for now.
Yeah I sold my XSX a while back now, leaving behind quite a large digital library. And prior to that started picking up PlayStation titles from sales as I moved away. May return one day, but its not looking likely unfortunately.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Some of you guys like living on the edge. The "Xbox ecosystem" is a dead man walking.
nah it is just moving to more devices. if play anywhere extends to mobile and other consoles that would be great! right now I will still buy a game on xbox even if I only play it on pc if its a play anywhere title.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Since they've been shitting the bed I've been buying a fair few more physical PS4/PS5 games, thats for sure..

The future doesn't look very 'physical' on the MS front :unsure:

Gambit2483

My strategy moving forward is to wait for New game Reviews, and if the game is good I'll get a discounted 3 month Gamepass subscription to play it. First up will be Hellblade 2.

If the game is exceptional I might even buy it.

Darsxx82

YES, I continue to do it among other things because the little that MS has always fulfilled is in the BC support of all the XBOX consoles and the addition of the PC-XBOX crossplatform. In other words, it is clear to me that the catalog of games acquired over several generations is going to be supported either on an upcoming XBOX console or on PC, Xcloud or a app BC XBOX on PC.... In fact, the record should be more worrisome on other platforms in that regard.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was in 360 era when it had some JRPGs that was looooong time a go......but in all honestly I'm not even I'm invested in Sony's ecosystem either, I'm not fan any of first party games they made this gen and hey only reason I keep my PS5 around because of third party games.

Damigos

I am only buying 3month Game Pass packs for around 12-13€ for PC. Nothing else.
Fortunately i never had an Xbox. Always played around buying one but E3 2013 memories kept haunting me and never bought one.

35cent

I will be yes. I have gamepass ultimate which I've been enjoying so far so I'm happy to pay the £13 a month. I never would have played a Persona game if it wasn't for gamepass but I gave Persona 3 and I'm enjoying so far and looking forward to Persona 6 now. So yeah I'm happy out so far.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Does it count as investing in if my Gamepass sub isnt expiring for quite a while so Im still using the Microsoft Store?

ohhh........if buying controllers counts then im fucked, cuz every now and then those fuckers release some stellar designs.

Jerm411

Absolutely not, it's a clown show and not gonna get any better.

I'm locked in to GP until next year due to a deal but after that, dunzo...

Switch 2 is on the horizon and that's the only thing I'm really excited for in gaming right now, it'll be the system I go "all in" on...

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
They got me back years ago with their BC program, but I moved on eventually. It has always been, the games are coming, the games are coming, but they never do. Phil's "this is the best year for Xbox" every year got old. They've proven they don't know what they are doing, which is a shame because Sony need a strong competitor to keep them honest.

Humdinger

Gold Member
No. I was considering maybe getting an Xbox in the next couple of years, if they could deliver a few good exclusives I wanted. But those exclusives seem to be headed to PS5 now, so I don't need to bother.

I actually just recently got an Xbox again because I got an amazing deal on a 1TB Series S ($160) but it’s going to essentially be a Xbox 360 machine mostly outside of some game pass games and MCC.

Mortisfacio

Banned
I bought a bunch of GamePass ultimates 1-year for $60 so am subbed until november of next year. Have a Series X in the living room that my kids play sometimes or when the cousins are over, but that's about it.

cireza

Xbox is my "third party games with good performance" console. It also has all my BC games with amazing visuals and fps. Not going anywhere. I couldn't care less about first party games, even if I did like Hi Fi Rush.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Definitely needs a Maybe option (although I have a feeling most will probably say that), it honestly depends on if they bring out new hardware and then what that form that hardware is (I will be swayed by a portable XBox I think if it can also double as a windows machine when docked for example)

Killer8

It's now one of the only platforms that I have a genuine concern about whether or not i'd still have access to my games in 20 years time. So fuck no.

Roberts

I have probably around 1000 games that I have bought digitally (I bought a few today) and I haven't played half of them, so I'm not going anywhere.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Aside from gamespass I’ve not bought a single game on xbox since 360 days. Given I regularly don’t turn the seriesX on for several months at a time I’ll prob drop that too and just get it for the occasional month a couple of times a year. Particularly if things like Indiana come to ps5, I’d rather buy and play it there 🤷‍♂️

Danknugz

i voted yes but considering i have game pass free until may 2027 not sure if that counts. i might buy a cheap game for a couple dollars here and there, but there's other things i'd rather spend my money on than video games

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Nope.

Already gave away my XSX before all this 3rd party drama started. I just realized I wasntt using it much.

All the 3rd party stuff did was let me know I made the right choice for me.

I haven't played a single Xbox game that was recently ported. I might play Starfield again when it comes.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Game pass as a pc main platform user is amazing value.

Until that value is changed I don’t see myself getting rid of it.

Otherwise I’ll unsubscribe and only use it for a monthly resub to circumvent a full buy of a new title from them. Paying $10-$15 vs $70 is a no brainer for certain titles.

lachesis

For me, from the beginning - XSX was meant to be a game pass machine, meaning game pass being the only software.
Only games I bought in the system are some enhanced BC games - and that's only reason that I'll keep the XSX even though now I have way more powerful PC.
Not sure if I would buy future Xbox hardware though - as my PC covers both PS and Xbox to begin with.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I haven't bought anything for 2 years now, have barely switched my Series X on since my Gamepass ran out back then. I used to buy the odd 360 game for backcompat, but don't bother now. Shame, because I used my Series X quite a bit initially.

Top Bottom