• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

Will you spend money on XBOX ?

• Total voters

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yes. I’ll continue to buy and support all platforms. PC, PS5, Switch, Xbox, Oculus, etc.

I like having a diverse collection, and I don’t give a shit about brand loyalty or whatever. Plus, more competition is always good for the consumer, so I don’t want any of these platforms to fail.

RickMasters

For me I’m not investing in Gamepass, Xbox or the Microsoft store until Microsoft show me commitment to gaming…I lost all confidence in them for now.
Pretty much my stance too. Though I still have gamepass. If I want to buy a 3rd party AAA game right now though, I’ll buy it on steam. I have no idea if I’ll even buy the next Xbox. Series X might be my last. I just want to know how and what I’ll be playing my backlog on.

Pedro Motta

This year is going to determine my investment into it. This year my XSX was barely turned on, now I have Gamepass for Hellbalde 2, and lets see for how long..

I mean I'm not selling my Series X. I will keep it around for the 1400+ games I've got on it now. I have made Steam and GOG wish lists and have purchased around 25 games as they go on sale. Currently my PC needs some upgrades, but as soon as those are all done then I will try to move to PC first, and Xbox and PS for non-PC exclusives only. Honestly it could take years to get all my games purchased on PC though.

i'm assuming 'investing in an particular ecosystem' = 'buying games for a particular system'? in that case, i've basically bought all the exclusives i'm interested in, third-party stuff, i've always gone with playstation. would I buy a new xbox exclusive that looked interesting to me? probably. does that mean that i'm still 'investing in the xbox ecosystem'?...

OverHeat

« generous god »
Yes, my console still works. I’m not a little kid trying to console war like OP.
WTF are you talking about…
E2mN3b1.gif

Beechos

They just spent billions investing in gaming by buying bethesda and activion. Leaks apparently have them already developing next gen system. How are they not committed? Just because they closed some studios and laid off a bunch of ppl?

i want xbox around just because i dont trust sony.

ill buy next-gen if they have a couple exclusives that interest me, and physical media (or some sort of "permanent" storage solution) w/o internet-required installs.

Dr. Suchong

I'm actually having a bit of an Xbox renaissance at the moment, (odd time to do so I know, and I'm aware of the irony) and I'm picking up plenty of third party games pretty cheap (Most cheaper thsn the Ps5 equivalents)
I love the hardware and the ecosystem, and it's not like my series X is going to implode or something.
Great grabbing some gems on 360 for it too.

El Muerto

Games are cheaper in the MS store compared to PS. Loaded up on 360 games during this sale and few others. And soon we'll be able to play our games we own via the cloud. I have both the Series X and S and play them more than my PS5, I also prefer the xbox controller over the dual sense. The last thing we want is a monopoly with the powerful consoles.

Banjo64

cumsessed
No, nor Sony’s.

I’m sorry but with the recent price hikes for consoles and online services I don’t like the direction. Having £1k invested in an ecosystem that’s entirely gimped if I don’t pay Sony £59.99 a year? What about in 5 years time when it’s £69.99 a year?

Initially when I could get a year of Plus for £29.99 on offer from Shopto regularly it was well worth it. Nowadays, as I have limited time, I view it as a scam.

I don’t like Windows so that leaves me with Nintendo products. I’d like a Steam Deck but I can’t help but feel waiting 2 years for a revision would be better. I’d consider Mac but it’s too much clutter having to have a monitor/TV just for gaming and there’s limited selection.

I will sub to their service for a month when Lords of the Fallen is added and will do so again if I am on the fence about a major title and want to demo it. If more backwards compatible titles or retro compilations are added I may buy those too. I like the Series S as a system, but any new releases will be bought on PC as I want modding, free online play, and being able to change graphics options like FSR upscaling, bloom, and chromatic abberation that are locked in console versions.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

I got a Series X and GamePass, so I'll continue to use it for that, but the way things are going, I can't see myself investing in another Xbox. Microsoft is giving me all the reasons not to continue with Xbox. and I always used to lean green since the first Xbox.

why buy the next xbox when you can buy the next PS and have both ecosystems games?

Last edited:

salva

Like others, I'm all in until my gamepass ultimate expires (January 2026)... And then see what state Xbox is in to determine if I continue.
Tbh though, I've spent hardly any cash on Xbox this entire gen... Not since stacking and upgrading my Gold to Gamepass ultimate.
So if the ride ends Jan 2026, it's been a damn good one!
I still love the Xbox ecosystem and games. Have no interest in any Sony exclusives. If they release a new Twisted Metal, I'm running out to buy a ps5!

Alasterion

Neo Member
Yes, last one I bought last week was Back4Blood, all dlc, for only 6,99 euros (w/ rewards). Pretty funny for me, and with 'Xbox Play Anywhere' feature included. I played 4 acts in console, and this week (I'm out of home due to work), I played the last 2 acts in my Notebook.

TheShocker

I’ve been an Xbox primary gamer since ‘01. Always had a PlayStation for exclusives. The last year or so as a ‘fan’ has been pretty brutal and I’m mostly done. Going to pay close attention to the summer showcases for both brands and re-evaluate. A full on switch to PC is on the table too if I can afford it.

Reactions: Isa

S0ULZB0URNE

Xbox Live Gold ran out just in time before they turned it into GP.

Sold the Series X in the winter.
Still have the actual handful of classics they made in my library that I can play on my PC's.
Looking forward to Gears 6,more Killer Instinct (2) and am hopeful for Towerbourne and Avowed.

Don't see myself ever buying Xbox again and I was a OG XBL beta tester that been there since the start.

Isa

Not anymore, I was rooting them on for a while, but damn they've just done far too many things that I don't like. From things they've said to stuff they've done. I dropped off my spending completely and will let my GP expire, I only really had it for the online multiplayer for friends. I don't intend to sell my Series X as it is another 4k disc player which I like to have. But for me its been somewhat more time and money invested into my PS5 but also PC and Switch. Next gen I'm probably out of the console game save for Nintendo, I don't trust Sony either and I don't like their first party stuff. Frankly I think the west is in complete decline on all artistic fronts, with only a few indie types keeping the real passion afloat. I've actually been contemplating quiting modern gaming all together and I think I'd be better off. I'm so sick of the west right now.

Current gen has been convenient but pathetic in equal measure. There are a few gems to be sure, but I feel I would have been better off going PC. My gaming has dropped off considerably these last few months. It's nice in a way, more time for my girl and other hobbies. Not trying to piss on anybody's hushpuppies, just my own situation lately.

Barakov

Kinda. On the odd times when they put out something I'm interested in and whenever I want relive the glory days of the 360.

Not really. Not going to buy any Xbox consoles anymore, especially since they've ended 360 backwards compatibility a while ago (which was the only reason I bought a Series X).

I'll still buy first-party games on PC if they're good.

NeonDelta

Not really. I’ve used game pass on pc to trial games before buying on steam.

no longer have Xbox consoles, my game pass ultimate runs till July I think. Doubt I’ll renew it.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
No, nor Sony’s.

I’m sorry but with the recent price hikes for consoles and online services I don’t like the direction. Having £1k invested in an ecosystem that’s entirely gimped if I don’t pay Sony £59.99 a year? What about in 5 years time when it’s £69.99 a year?

Initially when I could get a year of Plus for £29.99 on offer from Shopto regularly it was well worth it. Nowadays, as I have limited time, I view it as a scam.

I don’t like Windows so that leaves me with Nintendo products. I’d like a Steam Deck but I can’t help but feel waiting 2 years for a revision would be better. I’d consider Mac but it’s too much clutter having to have a monitor/TV just for gaming and there’s limited selection.

Talking about gimped and happy with nintendos hardware

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Banjo64

cumsessed
Talking about gimped and happy with nintendos hardware

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
I don’t have to pay £60 a year to access cloud saves on my Switch.

I choose to pay £24 a year for NSO+ because it’s peanuts and I like the N64 library, but I could choose to only pay £12 a year if I just wanted the basic pack.

£60 a year for cloud saves.

anthony2690

Gold Member
I personally am currently, I enjoy the ecosystem still.

My only real gripe with the platform is, I feel like they should be publishing their smaller titles themselves physically and not via lrg months/years later.

& Everything upcoming seems to leak.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I don’t have to pay £60 a year to access cloud saves on my Switch.

I choose to pay £24 a year for NSO+ because it’s peanuts and I like the N64 library, but I could choose to only pay £12 a year if I just wanted the basic pack.

£60 a year for cloud saves.

This justification has me laughing. You don’t need to pay for cloud saves.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This justification has me laughing. You don’t need to pay for cloud saves.
?

I did when owned my PS5 last year.

Sony had removed the ability to use local storage that was present in PS4.

I had to subscribe to PS Plus in order to see all of the Elden Ring endings with one playthrough instead of 3.

So how can you get free cloud saves on PS5?

Last edited:

poodaddy

Yup. It's my main platform for purchasing movies, and the Movies TV app works just fine on PC as well, so I don't see that becoming a problem. As far as games, I tend to prefer building up the Steam and GoG libraries above all else.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
?

I did when owned my PS5 last year.

Sony had removed the ability to use local storage that was present in PS4.

I had to subscribe to PS Plus in order to see all of the Elden Ring endings with one playthrough instead of 3.

So how can you get free cloud saves on PS5?

I mean, if you don’t want to pay for cloud saves you don’t need to. Cloud saves are not a big deal.

You could even sub for 1 month and update your cloud saves every few years if it’s that big of a deal

I have only ever needed cloud saves when changing hardware

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I was never heavily invested into buying Xbox games (PC and then PS became my primary platforms) and I definitely don't plan to change that now. I've bought some games in the last few months (including new releases like Shadow Gambit or the Stalker trilogy), but I'll be staying away from full price titles and also from disc versions as it is still likely XSX is the last model with the Bluray drive.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I mean, if you don’t want to pay for cloud saves you don’t need to. Cloud saves are not a big deal.

You could even sub for 1 month and update your cloud saves every few years if it’s that big of a deal
So you don’t need to pay for cloud saves, because you don’t use them.

I do.

It’s not only related to trophy hunting. I owned an OG PS4 in black, OG PS4 in white, PS4 slim and PS4 Pro and then a second OG PS4 in white. Whenever I swapped consoles I needed to back up and transfer my saves.

For my final PS4 console, I forgot to. It meant I had to do a complete additional playthrough of Uncharted 4 to complete the platinum (2 extra instead of 1 extra).

A company as stingy as Apple gives me 50gb of cloud data for 99p a month and you’re going to bat for Sony charging £60 a year for cloud saves. Seems mental to me mate.

Js562

Yeah I will and I got too many games on my Xbox right now. I got all three consoles all this shit that's going on is not bothering me I'll still be playing

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Whenever I swapped consoles I needed to back up and transfer my saves.

Ok, so whenever you need to do this you can pay for a month and cancel

I’m not saying it’s a great policy but I’ve seen way fucking worse over on nintendo for countless things

Last edited:
Top Bottom