• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are your personal tastes misunderstood or frowned upon?

Greddleok

I'm pretty boring. Although lots of people think I'm a meathead because I do weightlifting.

Curious about furries though...I genuinely don't understand it.

PillarEN

Not strange by internet standards but strange by average person in real life standards - music

If I'm driving with someone and I'm control of the music selection I make sure I don't deviate too much from the norm. But what I'll play is going to be fairly limited compared to my full taste palette. I do have a few friends who like to check out anything and everything though for the sake of curiosity. Most people are much more rigid though.

Dali

I used to be like op. I still am to a certain degree. Like I don't actively seek out comedies for the most part, but I can enjoy them if I watch.

I like skinny girls. This is frowned upon by men and women alike.

PillarEN

I used to be like op. I still am to a certain degree. Like I don't actively seek out comedies for the most part, but I can enjoy them if I watch.

I like skinny girls. This is frowned upon by men and women alike.

In the US? Or where is this? Or do you mean skinny to the point where they are boney.

venomenon

My metalhead friends don't get how I can like progressive rock.
Other people probably think I'm a psychopath because I like metal, especially when it comes to death and black metal.

I don't care about action blockbusters, superhero movies or TV series (except Breaking Bad which I liked), apparently this is extremely weird.
Speaking of television, I stopped watching the regular TV programme years ago. This is often judged as pseudo-intellectual or elitist.

My love for Nintendo is seen as fanatic and is constantly ridiculed, but tbf I really like to play it up too.

Friends with an interest in football have a very hard time understanding that I primarily follow my club (3rd German division) and don't care too much about the CL, EL or even the Bundesliga.

It's not really bad though, the hate for pineapple pizza unites us after all.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I can't stand this superhero movie craze. They just release the same shitty movie over and over and over again.

This and what makes it ironic for me is that because of friends I usually end up always watching all of them day 1 in theaters.Also my dislike of hero movies doesn't apply to cartoons and games.

Top Bottom