• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ark: Survival Evolved – PC vs. Xbox One Graphics Comparison

Like all the other multiplats that don't look much better on the PS4 I imagine.....Just like the PC version don't look much better than this XB1 version perhaps.....
Name me a multiplat that looks much better on PS4. Slightly sharper edges and/or a resolution increase is what you get, and in most cases that's literally all the difference. It rarely translates into anything substantial. PC is a different story.

EDIT: Also, I think this particular case might be a matter of developer competency. The game doesn't look that great even on PC. As someone has already stated in this thread, the 360 version of Crysis looked noticeably better.

Vegito

Banned
The first image in the OP is terrible. The X1 is missing a lot of the extra little details,its ridiculous it looks so bland compared to PC. How do console gamers put up with this downgrading shit?

120v

The first image in the OP is terrible. The X1 is missing a lot of the extra little details,its ridiculous it looks so bland compared to PC. How do console gamers put up with this downgrading shit?

well it is a console version of one of the most demanding games out there

Tak3n

Banned

Because to some it is not super important, especially when it comes to younger players, I can promise you my son won't give a hoot there are not grooves in the sand... If you are on neogaf one does expect these sort of issues to cause grievance... But there is those who don't even know what neogaf is... And just want to chill and play games....

Also this game can kill many a expensive PC so the simple fact they got it in a playable state should in some regards be commended.

Nev

Banned
This game doesn't look much better than Crysis 1 on PC (if at all) yet it runs like shit. I'd say the developers aren't very talented in terms of optimization, console downgrade or not.

There are plenty of PC games that look infinitely better than this and they don't require a 1000$ PC to run at max 1080/60. The optimization is terrible.

Looks good enough. I mean game is technical mess even on PC. I can't get even stable 30FPS in 1440p on 980Ti, without even going all highest settings. I think I had most settings at high with some on medium so game doesn't drop bellow 30FPS very often.

At least that was when game got released.

Jopie

The comparison videos do not show how truly awful this port is. I cannot believe it was allowed to release, even as "early access", in this state.

Mahonay

Banned
Man, the scaled back detail is one thing, but holy shit what the hell resolution do they have this running at? Really makes it look awful visually, when it might look fine otherwise.

pr0cs

I tried the demo and after 5 mins I was ready to uninstall it ...but... There is a pretty cool game there, or at least as far as I got. The learning curve is pretty much vertical but I got a Terraria type vibe where the first while you're just trying to stay alive and figure out how to manage the necessities of life.
The game is pretty ugly , there is no denying that but the teamwork concept and exploration and survival aspects are really neat.
I was tempted to buy just to play more but I think I'll wait till next year and get my backlog down a bit.
I'm upgrading my pc but given the comments in regards to performance on pc I'm thinking that xbone might be the best bet. At least there will be an active community and less people fucking about

Game looks and runs like shit.

Period.

Doesn't matter what you're playing it on.

I don't understand ARK or its popularity and I've put like 50 hours into this game. Hopefully I won't regret buying this game once it's done, like I've regretted buying DayZ every time I see that fucking shit ass game in my Steam Library

I don't understand all the hate this game gets, been playing on XB1 since xmas and my only issue has been finding a server that i can get all my buddies on. In my opinion the game looks great and runs well for an early access game. This game feels more complete than some of the so called AAA titles that have come out half finished.

GHG

But DX12? Coding to the metal? Was ... was .... was it all a lie? A dream?

It only becomes a reality after the secret second GPU becomes unlocked via an SDK update. Closing the gap on the PS4 was just the start. The PC is the real target here.

Top Bottom