• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Main Theme.

Sciz

Wasn't expecting to hear such heavy Brazilian influence in a game again so soon after Mario & Sonic Rio, but I dig it.

Rodin

Hate the ohhh vocals, but the rest of the music is actually pretty decent for a Nintendo game. I get sick to death of their usual shitty early 90s-esque MIDI FM-synthesis tunes, so this is a refreshing change.

I'm not sure how to answer to this.

Hate the ohhh vocals, but the rest of the music is actually pretty decent for a Nintendo game. I get sick to death of their usual shitty early 90s-esque MIDI FM-synthesis tunes, so this is a refreshing change.

I take it you haven't played a Nintendo game since, maybe...2006?

-shadow-

They've been using orchestrated/live music for over a decade now on many of their titles though.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
It's awfully catchy. Nintendo's been nailing it with the main themes lately. Splatoon. Breath of the Wild. Now ARMS.

Pandy

The theme had already gone from being something I didn't think was very good when I first heard it, to something I found myself singing at work.

The new version in the Direct is amazing. Will be getting the OST for sure.

EDIT:
The moment when it kicked in hard in the Direct felt like a crescendo that had been building since that first trailer. It felt as if they've had this planned since before the initial reveal.

When was the last time they did that that wasn't a remaster of a game from 2005, I mean I know it's not nice to ask a coma victim like that, but questions need to be answered.

This theme has been stuck in my head since the direct yesterday afternoon. It doesn't help that all the character songs are renditions of it.

I keep catching myself humming the tune as i go about my day lol

javadoze

I thought the initial rendition of the theme in the reveal trailer was pretty average, but now the newest version can't get out of my head.

Penguin

The theme had already gone from being something I didn't think was very good when I first heard it, to something I found myself singing at work.

The new version in the Direct is amazing. Will be getting the OST for sure.

EDIT:
The moment when it kicked in hard in the Direct felt like a crescendo that had been building since that first trailer. It felt as if they've had this planned since before the initial reveal.

Ha same

Like thought was ok

Then watching the Direct and looking at the trailer

And I'm like wait this is really good

Then that part hits and I was like OMG this is amazing

EDIT:

Yeah, that's why I said, I'm not sure this is the final. Even if it is it's awesome.

I like it, but the Female vocal just oohing and ahing instead of singing a verse and the sports whistles keep me from loving it. Her vocals feel like they would be a stand in until they record the real vocal track. I was really digging it until then.

I like it, but the Female vocal just oohing and ahing instead of singing a verse and the sports whistles keep me from loving it. Her vocals feel like they would be a stand in until they record the real vocal track. I was really digging it until then.

I love the voice, but I always feel like a "never see it coming" is about to come on.

javac

Love the music in this game, nintendo generally kills it with the music. Super grandiose and yet fun and upbeat.

Lunar15

It's a fun track.

I wouldn't say thread worthy, but a good solid track that bodes well for the whole soundtrack. The "Na Na Nah" part gets a big annoying.

It's the Mario Kart Sound Team, no? Not worried at all.

Veal

This is going to be fantastic at future events live. Crowds chanting this before a grand finals? C'mon son. Some of you seem to have no vision at times!

zenspider

It has that Brazilian vibe to it.

Those whistles!

This fits the game so well: vibrant, joyous, festive, pump-up beats without that Street Fighter hard rock "edge" (love SF music but wouldn't be appropriate for a Nintendo fighter).

It sold me on it Jan 12th, just like the Splatoon trailer - you hear it and just get what they're going for. I hope the rest of the OST is this caliber.

zenspider

Maybe it's how they mix it down, but they've been using live musicians since for a while now. If when you say "90s-esque MIDI FM-synthesis" you mean "videogamey", that's deliberate, and pesonally I find it amazing to those tones and textures achieved with a live band, but I can see how in game it might not seem that way as they don't mixdown for a live effect.

cuate

Banned
Really? come on, if I think its a shitty opinion its only my thought, not facts. Also reading your older posts, you seem to answer people in the same way (if not worse) when you dont like their opinions (yeah, i looked at them after you called me a moron, something that is bannable on GAF). Or may I start going through your older posts to see if its true or not?

yeah but you can keep those thoughts to yourself. calling people's opinions "shitty" simply because you don't agree with them is just rude and unnecesary.

Top Bottom