• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS - Nintendo Switch (Motion [optional] controlled boxing, Nintendo, Spring 2017)

Peléo

Seems amazing. Seems like the next step from Wii-Sports Boxing. If they pull it off and it controls good, has potential to be insanelly fun in local multi-player. Specially linked how they emphasised the more hardcore aspects of the game. It may even appeal to esports audience.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I had fun with Ready To Rumble on Dreamcast as a launch game, so I'm okay with this. It could be nice silly fun.

Shin-Ra

Problem I see with this control scheme is you have to manually reset your hand position from swinging to neutral to move your character's feet.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I like it. It sure as hell looks like Platinum is behind it. Biggest difference between this and Wii Sports Boxing is that this is really fast and looks to be built around more reactive, snappy feeling mechanics.

The hate because OMG WAGGLE is just immature and unwarranted. The Switch is going to get ALL Nintendo games. There will be plenty of conventional first-party games. There's nothing wrong with a minority of gyroscope control titles being on the console, that doesn't at all mean it's Wii 2.

Da-Kid

New Nintendo IP is always great. Whole time I was watching all I could think about was Luffy's Gum Gum Pistol.

Only thing is.. while Swinging and Blocking is motion controlled, that's fine. I don't like that dodging and foot movements in general are motion controlled too when it's so easy to just let you use the Joystick on the Joy-con. We'll see.

Best surprise to me. Looks fucking cool. As sparse as the line-up is (seriously, WTF?), Zelda, this, Mario, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and MK 8 Deluxe all push my buttons.

Majukun

looks promising, but all will depends on how much depth there is and how much control do you have... the concept is there

RedBoot

I'm surprised they didn't just reuse the Punch-Out IP for this, it might as well be a successor.

I thought that too at first, but it makes sense. Punch Out isn't just a boxing game, it suggests a certain precision style of gameplay, like we saw in the NES, SNES, and Wii titles. This is something else.

This is kind of what I wanted from a Wii Punch Out, though (not that what we got was bad).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In the presentation I found it odd the dude pointed out "it has a battle mode of course", implying there were other modes...

An adventure mode? It seems like it'll be the next Splatoon perhaps, and I like the character designs.

Golnei

This looks great. I kinda wish it was some kind of punch-out spin-off though.

tumblr_inline_ojpbo3rBgw1tmnxt6_540.png

-

Malus

At first I thought it was visually very good looking but not sold on the gameplay, the extra characters and abilities gave it some much needed depth. Very interesting.

When they showed the two people going at it PvP I thought "hey, that looks pretty fun" but, the way they presented it would only work for VR. In reality you aren't going to face the other person but the screen.

Really, for VR I think this sort of game could be great but outside of that, mehhhhhhhh.

Falchion

This actually looked pretty fun, especially with the motion controls and having the system docked so you could see it on the big screen.

Peléo;228207084 said:
Seems amazing. Seems like the next step from Wii-Sports Boxing. If they pull it off and it controls good, has potential to be insanelly fun in local multi-player. Specially linked how they emphasised the more hardcore aspects of the game. It may even appeal to esports audience.

This seems a bit reductive. This seems like the new garage game, in vein of Splatoon, not some more feature rich Wii Sports

Top Bottom