• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art GAF: Dominance War IV, lets do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik2121

I made a profile render of the character, but I'm still not sure about using him or another different model.
As of right now he looks a bit... funny. Like, old Japanese monster-like. I guess if I add him some more 'grittiness' it might look different.
I'm also going for an effect like the one in the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie with the mutated pirates.

So, basically it's what I'm showing but with the body more mutated, more seaweed all around and.. for now that's about it.

What do you guys think?

concept11render1.jpg

I will also add some patterns on the huge shell.

Mik2121

viakado said:
what's the concept here? some kind of bio suit?
Kind of. I have yet to think of an story for him, but for the suit itself, it's supposed to be something that just became that after years, evolving around his body (hence the feet and hands melting down with the "suit" and the mutations on his skin).

I will try to develop an interesting story for him, if I happen to end up using him.

Mik2121 said:
Kind of. I have yet to think of an story for him, but for the suit itself, it's supposed to be something that just became that after years, evolving around his body (hence the feet and hands melting down with the "suit" and the mutations on his skin).

I will try to develop an interesting story for him, if I happen to end up using him.
he needs a bitchin helmet. Also, I liked the crouched pose better, do you think he could stand straight with that shell?

Mik2121

God's Beard said:
he needs a bitchin helmet. Also, I liked the crouched pose better, do you think he could stand straight with that shell?
Nah, the pose is just because it's a profile picture, but he will be kinda crouching, don't worry :p

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
I gotta say Mik... of all the silouhettes you presented, the one you actually chose or used is by far my least favourite.

It doesn't look badass so much as it looks awkward...

Actually, it's not that bad, it's just that it doesn't work well in the context of a special character. Looks more like rank and file heavy armor trooper for some wacky seafaring group.

Mik2121

Yeah, I must admit as of right now he looks a bit.. weird. But I think I could make him look like an special character, instead of a "rank and file heavy armor trooper" :p

Mik2121 said:
Yeah, I must admit as of right now he looks a bit.. weird. But I think I could make him look like an special character, instead of a "rank and file heavy armor trooper" :p
I just think he has a guy-in-a-gorilla suit effect right now. Maybe if you de-emphasise the fact thats its a suit and make it a demon or something?

By the way, I've settled on the basics of my design, hopefully I'll have something to show within a few days. Kinda busy though...

Mik2121

God's Beard said:
I just think he has a guy-in-a-gorilla suit effect right now. Maybe if you de-emphasise the fact thats its a suit and make it a demon or something?

By the way, I've settled on the basics of my design, hopefully I'll have something to show within a few days. Kinda busy though...
Yeah, I guess I'll make it look less than a suit, and more like something that has keep growing around his skin.

But no, I won't make him a demon :p.. Or at least I don't think so.. but who knows :p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ok wow its been a while! I still intend on finishing this and I finally found some extra time, so here is how Kira is panning out. Trying hard to incorporate the color scheme :)

kira_01.jpg

kira_face_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom