• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Article: "Why There's No Wii 2, Xbox 720, Or PS4 On The Horizon"

luffeN

Minsc said:
Didn't Ubisoft say a few weeks ago that they only have 10% of their workforce on current gen projects, and the other 90% are preparing for the next gen launch?

I'm sure they're not the only ones.
it's the other way around

dionysus

Yaldog

bumpkin

Well, you figure that Sony released some of the PS2's biggest and most impressive games -- God of War 2 being the best example -- something like several months after the PS3 had came out. For all intents and purposes, there wasn't really a *need* to upgrade. The people who did were the die-hards that always have to get the newest console at or shortly after launch; the price tag didn't help much either.

As for the Wii and the 360, their previous platforms had basically lost to the PS2 so the next console cycle was a logical move. I think that MS has done awesome stuff with the 360 and we're just now really starting to see it shine. And the Wii, well, Nintendo isn't trying to capture the same audience that MS and Sony are going for.

That's just my two cents though.

Neo C.

Minsc said:
Mobile phones are said to eventually completely replace a person's need for laptops/desktops/handhelds/cameras/camcorders.
That's fine and all, but it still seems quite strange to put in so much power for graphics when you still have such a small display. Or do you expect the display are going to be bigger?

Top Bottom