• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASDA no longer stocking/selling the Wii U in stores, won't restock this year

What's not suited to the market is that you have to pay for a product with still little must have games.
600,000 people bought a PS3 within 2 days at £425/€599 in Europe with it's "no games." Roughly the same amount as the number of Wii U's sold in the last 9 months at a much lower price with one of Nintendo's flagship franchises launching it. With regular price cuts not doing much of anything to alleviate the sales situation.
What you learn to know when you have a Wii U is how much enjoyable it is to use. The more must have games release, the more people on the fence will discover it. Reading you, one might think Wii U is not worth owning.
Thanks for providing yet more example of this inability to disconnect your affection for the Wii U, or rather, the company which produces it. Clearly for you, the Wii U is worth owning.

Reading the publicly available sales data, for the market at large the Wii U is not worth owning; they don't need to be "shown the light."

The market isn't wrong for not wanting the Wii U, nor are you for your excessive ridiculous cultish affection for it. The only reason one would find these two ideas irreconcilable is a need for Nintendo to be infallible, and one's own post-purchase rationalisation.
But you don't have a Wii U so your experience with it and its potential could be more enlightened.
I don't have a Vita either, I doubt SmokyDave, for instance, would try to deflect that it's quite clearly simply not a product that appeals to a broad market. Like the Wii U. Or that anyone who can see that it isn't a widely appealing product needs to be enlightened on how wonderful and magical it is.

The idea that one has to own a product to be able to dispassionately assess its current and potential market fortunes is nonsense.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
600,000 people bought a PS3 within 2 days at £425/€599 in Europe with it's "no games." Roughly the same amount as the number of Wii U's sold in the last 9 months.
Thanks for providing yet more example of this inability to disconnect your affection for the Wii U, or rather, the company which produces it. Clearly for you, the Wii U is worth owning.

Reading the publicly available sales data, for the market at large the Wii U is not worth owning; they don't need to be "shown the light."

The market isn't wrong for not wanting the Wii U, nor are you for your excessive ridiculous cultish affection for it. The only reason one would find these two ideas irreconcilable is a need for Nintendo to be infallible, and one's own post-purchase rationalisation.
I don't have a Vita either, I doubt SmokyDave, for instance, would try to deflect that it's quite clearly simply not a product that appeals to a broad market. Like the Wii U. Or that anyone who can see that it isn't a widely appealing product needs to be enlightened on how wonderful and magical it is.

The idea that one has to own a product to be able to dispassionately assess its current and potential market fortunes is nonsense.
No need to be condescending, because things are pretty simple: you believe Wii U sales are such because the product is flawed by design. And I think they are for a series of execution issues, that can be solved.

The Vita comparison is what it is, not very relevant. First Nintendo system sellers are coming in spades in the next few months. Second I believe Sony can still make the Vita successful as well. Things are not written for good during the first year.

SmokyDave

Proud owner of a PS3* and yet I can see the value the GamePad brings on top of it and, obviously, I see Wii U exclusives that make the product appealing for multi console gamers.

*add me on PSN and I'll add you on miiverse. My PSN ID is we6fe / Wii U: marc^o^
Huh, I'm genuinely surprised. I sort of assumed that to be blown away by the Wii U, it'd need to be your first HD console. I'll add ya later! (SmokiestDave on PSN, SmokyDave on Miiverse).

I don't have a Vita either, I doubt SmokyDave, for instance, would try to deflect that it's quite clearly simply not a product that appeals to a broad market.
Yeah, but, um, no but, errrm, yeah, um....

It's true. Much as I wish it wasn't, it's true. It's about as niche a device as you can get without talking about the fucking GP32 or something :(

Raist

Banned
What? I'd say it's Tesco.

I was joking :(

Dude, you need to stop stating this stuff as fact as it simply isn't true. Although there will always be people that get a hands-on and really like the console, it's not a guarantee that some lightbulb will appear over everyone's head as they suddenly 'get it'.

You just don't understand it. It's clear that you need to spend more time touching your gamepad to understand its true inner power (laughs)

Top Bottom