• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ash is in the final of the Pokémon Kalos League, can he finally win one for the land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin-Shiio

The Flare arc was the best thing the Pokemon anime has produced since its premiere and beats most of the movies too. For those saying they're getting off this train, at least end it on a high note.
As for the Sun & Moon anime, it looks like good fun to me. I'll reserve proper judgement for when I've seen more than a short clip.

Considering they're still dragging their feet on it, I'm going to extend the end date to "when Hyper and Salva finally start posting those Best Wishes reviews they have to do as part of their bet."

2564fcb31118283ddea4ecfa184b14264ad8413be5faf8c7dd8e6775fa3ef323.jpg

I'm fine with this

I've messed up, sorry

I promise I haven't been watching any other shows or stuff either though! Does that make it better?

Gonna miss Bonnie the most. Hope we get some side story of grown up Bonnie becoming a Master herself, traveling the world with Dedenne, Tyrantrum and Squishy.

MogCakes

Yeah those titles tell me the writers gave up writing a coherent plot about 20 episodes ago. It was a blessing in disguise that Ash lost the league, it let me see the bullshit earlier.

Well, now I get to be back to my old Noivern noi self. This avatar bet sure was... well, kind of not really different from usual, aside from not being able to use my usual avatar.

I'll probably just wait and see with regard to the anime, and I also think that there's probably some executive veto going on.

You see, if Serena doesn't at least leave Ash' side carrying his unborn child, this is poor writing, plain and simple.

And then down the line, Ash wins a league and the future series focuses on his son trying to find him and do the same (becomes a master).

Do it. An endless cycle of Ash, without making him perpetually 12.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That would be better writing than what we are getting.

wut

we got a really satisfying, really great villain arc and it looks like they'll properly close each character arc rather than shoving everyone off to a train towards Johto (seriously, why the hell is Johto some sort of dumping ground for used characters)

wut

we got a really satisfying, really great villain arc and it looks like they'll properly close each character arc rather than shoving everyone off to a train towards Johto (seriously, why the hell is Johto some sort of dumping ground for used characters)

Feels like the Pokemon version of a "farm upstate".

"Mommy what happened to Mr. Whiskers?"
"Oh honey, hes going to be living in a farm upstate from now on"

Lysandre is also on a train to Johto :p

Hydrus

The XY&Z series officially ended today in Japan.And well, this happened today aswell...

What waste. For the 20 year anniversary of Pokemon they could of did something great with the anime. Ash win the Kalos league and end up with Serena. Then, flash forward 20 years later: Ash, Serena, and their kids move to Alola where Ash's son is the new kid in pokemon school. Ash is their to build a new pokemon league. His kid meets his own crazy and young Pikachu and off they go on a new wacky adventure. Instead they reboot him again into a completely different character. Time to put an end to this show.

Red Devil

What waste. For the 20 year anniversary of Pokemon they could of did something great with the anime. Ash win the Kalos league and end up with Serena. Then, flash forward 20 years later: Ash, Serena, and their kids move to Alola where Ash's son is the new kid in pokemon school. Ash is their to build a new pokemon league. His kid meets his own crazy and young Pikachu and off they go on a new wacky adventure. Instead they reboot him again into a completely different character. Time to put an end to this show.

Yeah they really had a good basis to do it with XY, hell they didn't have to change anything from any episode to do it other than vanish SM from existence.

On the other hand good for Serena, because really, had she not done anything she would've been in fact the biggest loser from XY.

Hahahahhaa wtf, she failed so bad at kissing him.
Go finish school loser.

Serena is mine.

Shut up Tierno.

Red Devil

He's spent the better part of 20 years to only just get to 1st base. Though in real life terms I suppose that isn't so bad.

Eh, two episodes ago he more or less invited Serena to a date, which funnily enough was more of a date than the episode that had "Ash and Serena's first date!?" on the episode title, and not like he had to do much in Serena's case.

Red Devil

Dang. Why'd she decide to go to Hoenn? What was their departure like? Did they say they'd meet again?

Serena had an offer from Palermo to become her tutor which would help her to become Kalos Queen, after everybody else had decided what they were going to do next Serena still hadn't and preferred avoiding the topic, ultimately three episodes ago thanks to Ash's encouragment and support she decided she wanted to keep travelling to improve her skills, so later she called Palermo and declined her offer and explained her reasons to do so, to which Palermo suggested her going to Hoenn to partake in Pokémon Contests.

The group splitted today on XY's final episode and yes they said that and well Serena kissed Ash before she departed for Hoenn(although there'll be a special next week with Sycamore and Alexa).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's Pikachu's reaction that sells it.

djET3VU.jpg

Still wondering why they used "And to our own way". It's different from AG/DP/BW's "a new adventure continues" or something.

Serena had an offer from Palermo to become her tutor which would help her to become Kalos Queen, after everybody else had decided what they were going to do next Serena still hadn't and preferred avoiding the topic, ultimately three episodes ago thanks to Ash's encouragment and support she decided she wanted to keep travelling to improve her skills, so later she called Palermo and declined her offer and explained her reasons to do so, to which Palermo suggested her going to Hoenn to partake in Pokémon Contests.

The group splitted today on XY's final episode and yes they said that and well Serena kissed Ash before she departed for Hoenn(although there'll be a special next week with Sycamore and Alexa).

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! YES! YES! YES! YES! Thanks for the info

Red Devil

Crazy ass day for the Pokemon fandom. Im not as invested as others but I have been so hyped because of this and S&M news.

You know, Bonnie really was the best girl. So glad she didnt go the annoying little kid route.

Yes, but I think that Bonnie was really well handled overall, far better than Max in my opinion, it really helped that her dynamic with Clemont was a lot better and that she was taking care of a Pokémon(two for a while).

He didn't knew until then.

Sure, but it isn't like she had a growing crush for him, she always had it. And there were a few occasions in which Ash acted out of character with Serena if that counts for anything, hell the ribbon she wears was a gift from him.

And then they had a Pokemon battle

Smh ash

Serena was gone, what else were they going to do before Ash's flight? That and it was a callback to the first episode where he battled Clemont shortly after they met.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yes, but I think that Bonnie was really well handled overall, far better than Max in my opinion, it really helped that her dynamic with Clemont was a lot better and that she was taking care of a Pokémon(two for a while).

Sure, but it isn't like she had a growing crush for him, she always had it. And there were a few occasions in which Ash acted out of character with Serena if that counts for anything, hell the ribbon she wears was a gift from him.

Serena was gone, what else were they going to do before Ash's flight? That and it was a callback to the first episode where he battled Clemont shortly after they met.
Dude didn't even have a reaction to the kiss beyond oh that was a surprise.

Ash has no balls. He's the man with no penis. No wonder he will never win the league. I hope Serena finds a better dude in Hoenn. NTR to the max.

Red Devil

Dude didn't even have a reaction to the kiss beyond oh that was a surprise.

Ash has no balls. He's the man with no penis. No wonder he will never win the league. I hope Serena finds a better dude in Hoenn. NTR to the max.

He was surprised, what else was he going to do? It isn't the first time he reacts like that anyway.

Yes, image lingered on his face for a couple seconds.

Yeah, I raise issue with the headline. Chikorita was Ash's first kiss. It was about as substantial as this one turned out to be.
Until Ash finally reciprocates and stops being Mr. Oblivious, none of these unrequited romances are going anywhere.

There's a difference though, Serena has an actual crush on Ash.

UberTag

There's a difference though, Serena has an actual crush on Ash.
It's different in that it's a ship based on a one-sided attraction as opposed to a non-existent attraction like every ship not involving Kasumi/Misty?
Yeah, I suppose. End result is the same regardless.

Red Devil

She'll get over it when she realizes he hasn't hit puberty yet and never will.

Will she get over it? We might never find out.

It's different in that it's a ship based on a one-sided attraction as opposed to a non-existent attraction like every ship not involving Kasumi/Misty?
Yeah, I suppose. End result is the same regardless.

It's mostly from Serena's side, yes, but it's been hinted that for Ash, Serena wasn't just another travel companion. And with Misty if there ever was anything they backpedaled several years ago, with Serena they kept digging until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom