• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ash is in the final of the Pokémon Kalos League, can he finally win one for the land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
He was surprised, what else was he going to do? It isn't the first time he reacts like that anyway.

Yes, image lingered on his face for a couple seconds.
7jv2y87.jpg

Show should have ended like this instead
im salty the writers couldn't give us more ok

MechaX

Well, at least Ash got to first base.

Too bad it's like getting to first base with that one girl in summer camp from another school; you know you are never going to see her again.

Red Devil

Too bad it's like getting to first base with that one girl in summer camp from another school; you know you are never going to see her again.

Again, it always depended on Serena making a move and she did it. Also the irony of the bolded part, because that's how Ash and Serena first met basically before reuniting years later during the events of XY.

Maybe Sun and Moon will not be so hot with the kids and they will go back to this series...

...please?

Eh, if Yokay Watch is hot with the kids I don't see why Sun and Moon won't, for the better or worse.

UberTag

Peck on the cheek isn't first base. I'm not even sure that's stepping up to the plate.
More like he's a bat boy who happened to accidentally catch a fly ball that flew in his direction.

Yeah, I raise issue with the headline. Chikorita was Ash's first kiss. It was about as substantial as this one turned out to be.
Until Ash finally reciprocates and stops being Mr. Oblivious, none of these unrequited romances are going anywhere.

tumblr_inline_o267umxCnz1rfbmpp_540.gif

48e991c35dc5ea4e06b944280286a698108ef4a31be0e615b2a917708529a1cb_1.gif

Pokemon --> Pokemon in human form --> Human
He's slowly progressing

Although tbh he seemed most enthusiastic about Chikorita

EDIT: Wait, no, google correcting me, Melody was a human

Although comparing human Latias to normal Latias, I don't think my conclusion is really off

Surprised they actually went through with it, XY/XYZ is definately the best season so far. Pokemon is so lewd hand holding AND kissing.

I always thought people suggesting this be it for Ash and him returning in Alola as an older version was silly. But the Sun and Moon stuff revealed today, it would have actually made sense.

People were speculating before that after Ash lost to Alain in the finals, he would beat Alain during the actual Team Flare attack. Did that happen?

harmonize

He was surprised, what else was he going to do? It isn't the first time he reacts like that anyway.
Blush like every other time they've ever implied feelings in this show. The show had an ample amount of opportunities to do this or show him jealous of somebody throughout the course of the show, yet they always either defaulted to him showing some blank expression or just completely not caring about the situation.

The show was abnormally aggressive at making sure the audience didn't believe Ash returned her feelings.

Crayolan

Ash actually making some level of romantic progress has to be the most surprising thing to ever happen in the pokemon franchise. I would've expected him to win a league before that.

Targeting the core demographic I see. /joke

is it a joke though? is it really?

It's Pikachu's reaction that sells it.

djET3VU.jpg

Still wondering why they used "And to our own way". It's different from AG/DP/BW's "a new adventure continues" or something.
It appears at the end of XY's credits, as in the video game.

Good for Ash and Serena. Glad this got some satisfying resolution. I prefer this over a league win honestly lol

MogCakes

Ash hasn't made any romantic progress. Serena did all the legwork. Ash has done literally nothing to forward a potential pairing. He is still an emotionally stunted, balls-eternally-scrunched 10 year old boy and he will forever remain that way until the executives managing TPC are summarily fired.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ash hasn't made any romantic progress. Serena did all the legwork. Ash has done literally nothing to forward a potential pairing. He is still an emotionally stunted, balls-eternally-scrunched 10 year old boy and he will forever remain that way until the executives managing TPC are summarily fired.

Ah but you see

XY Ash has end game after all!

Apparently based director left a secret flower message. Someone pointed out the flowers being baby's breath, a flower used for weddings due to symbolism. Yajima said that was the correct message.

The implications are up for the fans to decide. Honestly for peace of mind and since I've been treating XY Ash as different, might as well believe that in the XY timeline Ash and Serena got married. This is the closest "confirmed" we will get.

MogCakes

I admit my hatred towards the animation team has been misdirected. Any attempt at closure they want to give to viewers they have to get under the radar so their overlords don't notice. The flower message is a small consolation.

MAtgS

What about Misty Ash? 😡

It sucks to be a pokeshipper I tells ya. I'd say we lost the fight but it feels more like we weren't allowed to be in said fight to begin with. Writers simply didn't give a damn about shipping at all.....until they suddenly did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom