• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Review Thread

Hystzen

Huh they everywhere scores interesting still Assassins creed games tend to drop in price after 2-3 weeks will drop in then as it the setting I been waiting for since start of series

Seems like the sites who are giving low scores are biased and want to get along with the recent bad previews. I think this is a good game overall and deserves to be around 80+ easily.

ogbg

Videogamer 5/10

After the shit storm they brewed up i never expected anything different.

Also Steve Burns really hates the franchise so it's not too surprising. It's fair enough though. You can't just assign reviews to those who like the franchise.

Mendrox

Wow wow wow, Assassins Creed is really going to be dead right? Nya..people don't care about reviewes except for NeoGAF and everyone will buy it again, cause they love dem Assassins.

So sad to see that happening after the beautiful AC2 (and Brotherhood).

I've read 2 reviews so far and in both, the reviewer compares the game to MGSV and Batman Arkham Knight. Found that interesting. Seems like those games have raised the bar this past year.

Karak

Scores all over the place. Gamespots review sounds fantastic while others sound like I expected.

Well the problem for me is. The game IS fantastic at parts but the bugs can cause that to be hit and miss. So in a way it makes sense

raven777

5628C4513F72C2000C

Ooccoo

Nah dude, my friend had a cousin from the middle east and he swore it was totally unplayable, fucking ubisoft at it again.

I remember that thread. Without a day one patch, many games are broken at release. I remember The Evil Within being almost unplayable without the patch.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I usually do the AC reviews for Gamersyde, but I was so turned off by what I had seen of the game so far that I didn't feel like doing it this year. I've watched quite a bit of Driftwood (who got to do the review) playing the game and I actually kinda regret not doing the review now as it seems to be a lot of fun. The hook especially seems to be a huge change for the franchise. Not saying it's going to be an amazing game (the AI especially is as dumb as ever from what I saw), but I think I'll get it on PC when it's released. And I really *really* didn't feel like playing it before I saw it running...

Heartfyre

why do people say this? Would a game you don't like getting high scores displease you?

Numbers also aren't everything......

It means that I'm concluding from the scores of the reviews that the game is good. Which is a positive thing because it means it's worth playing.

Why would I be happy to see low scores? Of course I would be displeased if the scores were low. That would mean it would likely be a poor quality game not worth playing.

I like to play good video games, so knowing that there's a new good video game to play pleases me.

ViciousDS

Banned
Would assume he's pleased because he's interested in buying the game and reviews can influence his final decision. Not hard to understand.

true

and again after reading that push square review.....despite all the improvements to framerate and keeping solid core gameplay they wrote, it seems they docked it heavily due to it being the same old style of game. Kind of weird considering they gave Dynasty Warriors 8 XL a higher score and everyone here knows hack n' slash DW.........is still hack n' slash DW. I love DW but you can't say somethings repetitive and then praise another game for the same practice lol

It means that I'm concluding from the scores of the reviews that the game is good. Which is a positive thing because it means it's worth playing.

Why would I be happy to see low scores? Of course I would be displeased if the scores were low. That would mean it would likely be a poor quality game not worth playing.

I like to play good video games, so knowing that there's a new good video game to play pleases me.

Amen to that! Glad to see solid reviews though, I might use my gift cards tomorrow on this......heaven forbids what damn pre order bonuses i miss lol

R&R

Can't believe how some outlets can give this a 9. That's bordering on dishonest, seriously WTF?

Hoje0308

Banned
Seems like the sites who are giving low scores are biased and want to get along with the recent bad previews. I think this is a good game overall and deserves to be around 80+ easily.

Have you played the game? If not, your comment is very revealing and you have no reason to be speaking negatively of bias.

DryvBy

Here's the problem with numbering scales for me. IGN gave the broken piece of trash Unity a 7.8 while giving this one an 8.2. But then you read this from their Verdict:

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is the most fun I’ve had with an Assassin’s game since Black Flag. In fact, I liked it more.

Black Flag is terrific. But according to your score, you're saying Syndicate is only slightly better than Unity. I'll wait to see GAF complain about it. I'd like to play this game but I'm not going by reviews after Unity.

Theorry

What i expected really. Looks like its a okay game and when you look at that its probably a 8. But looks also that many reviewers are in the same boat as me and want a real new AC. Or maybe a break for some years. As it does nothing new again.

Top Bottom