• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Desktop/Homescreen/Whatever Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost_Ace

EIGCA.png

source: http://i.imgur.com/Ei8AQ.jpg

Ledsen

So I made some adjustments to my theme above, changed to one of the wallpapers from the OP and changed some other stuff, this is what I ended up with and am satisfied with:

oieu8i.png

Mikeside

Just reformatted my laptop - am still looking to do something visually interesting with Windows, but I haven't had any cool ideas yet.

Anyone?

Here's what I have so far - I had to brush some text out of the wallpaper (because I generally hate wallpapers with text all over them).

EDIT: Source.

rObit

Banned
Cool thread guys, awesome desktops. Wandered into this thread and decided to give this customization stuff a shot, basically from default Windows. Here's what I've got after a couple hours of tinkering.

RKLlB.jpg

Source (deviantart)

Pollux

New desktop...still need to do some work with geektool...any suggestions for something similar or how to get weather or other cool things on a mac?

U4Poq.png

ScOULaris

Decided to add some Rainmeter skins to the desktop that I posted earlier in the thread. Nothing major. Just a clock/date and some resource monitoring.

Clock/Date: Elegance 2 on DeviantArt
CPU/RAM/HDD/Power: Encoded on DeviantArt

MrBig

Hyuga said:
Hey, this looks great.
How can I do that?
kcgwtt.jpg

Which skin is it?
Are you referring to that one in your post or the one you quoted?
The one in your post look like omnimo's weather panel with the black/clear theme.

Jintor

Dudes, do you need a special piece of software to spread a wallpaper over two screens, or is there a way to force Windows to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom