• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight is the next round of the GWF Equality Cup! Every match a First Blood match, every match unpredictable as HELL. What's on the schedule tonight?

iGiCvV2.png

Entropia vs SailorSwayze
Entropia beat down nice-guy FallingEdge last week, and SailorSwayze pulled an upset on the juggernaut, Heavy. Here's what Entropia had to say about tonight.

"SailorSwayze! It's not about sexism, it's not about racism, tonight I will use my powerful wrists from so much World of Warcraft to send you to the afterlife where you have to find your corpse or deal with resurrection sickness!"

McNei1y vs Mr. Luchador
Another "Nice Guy" who pulled a surprise win against MMA-GAF's own Heel last week. Mr. Luchador beat down the brain in a jar Jamie OD. What's McNei1y have to say about this matchup?

"#teammask are okay guys. No animosity here. AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Nocturnowl vs The Frankman
Nocturnowl advanced on a bye last week, having won via forfeit against Sunflower. Frankman pulled out all the stops on the Hardcore Icon Bootaaay, but he's not done here. The Frankman had words about tonight's matchup.

"Ever pull the wings off a chicken? You'll see it happen tonight."

Dragonzord vs Net_Wrecker
Dragonzord defeated Bishoptl for a second time last week to advance, and Net_Wrecker laid a beatdown onto the biggest snitch WrassleGAF has ever seen. Here's what Net_Wrecker had to say.

"Snitches get stitches. I heard Dragonzord might have ran to a parental unit once or twice cryin'. That shit don't fly. You saw what I did to that scumbag Beef. Now it's your turn Dragonzord."

Ithil vs Slightconfuse
Ithil beat dmczaf last week, and Strobogo got beaten by Slightconfuse. When asked about this week's matchup, Slightconfuse replied:

"Legit shook"

Queen of Thorns vs tm24
Queen of Thorns is a master of abusing peoples' genitals, having sent Aiii to the hospital last week. tm24 on the other hand, is still ecstatic about his theme music and is excited to be here tonight. Last week he took down another shoot-fighter, Lambda Piscium, and he says he's ready for tonight.

"I really like Marvel vs Capcom, so any show I'm on where I get an entrance is a good show."

Master Kwon15 vs Perspicacity
The second Nice Guy who advanced, Pepsi City, says there'll be no quarter for Master Kwon, despite Kwon coming out victorious against Soulplaya, who was out on furlough from prison.

"I am not Jaekwon15!" Master Kwon said, exasperated. "I'll take on Pepsi City and DRINK HIM!"

Sokantish vs Bam Bam Big Yellow
Sokantish, rulebreaker that he is, faces off against the surprise entrant, Bam Bam Bigelow tonight. If Sokantish is scared, he doesn't show any fear.

"Bam Bam Big Shitstain after tonight," Sokantish said. "What a big fat."

Tune in tonight for the next episode of the Equality Cup, found here:

http://twitch.tv/sunnybuns

Cheer on your favorites for who will win the Equality Cup! As an added bonus, tonight's show will be half the length of last week's show! Because it's a tournament! Tune in right after RAW!

Alucard

Banned
Why would shield help cena

He was a downed man and was about to be taken advantage of. Injustice, etc. It works.

First time watching Raw in weeks, and...I liked one or two segments in 2 hours of TV. :-/ The Punk/Brock/Heyman/Axel stuff was the only intriguing part for me. I love The Shield, so that was good too, but I wish this Bryan/Cena angle was going in a totally different direction.

McNei1y

I love the equality cup stuff. I've got to catch it all tomorrow.

In other words, I love when wrestler's watch their PPV opponent's match on TV. It's great. I'm glad they're so interested in what's going on.

Not even the shirt offended me. Just the general tied up hair.

I always liked the shaggy scruffy look of him. Made him more primal.

Now he just looks creepy. Like te type that has a younger girlfriend, or owns a Porsche.

DMczaf

According to Cena, if you are not a fan favorite, then you are a "bad person".

Also, lol @ Cena changing his accent to sound "real" and "street"

Fake Ass Fake.

Dragonzord vs Net_Wrecker
Dragonzord defeated Bishoptl for a second time last week to advance, and Net_Wrecker laid a beatdown onto the biggest snitch WrassleGAF has ever seen. Here's what Net_Wrecker had to say.

"Snitches get stitches. I heard Dragonzord might have ran to a parental unit once or twice cryin'. That shit don't fly. You saw what I did to that scumbag Beef. Now it's your turn Dragonzord."

I like how you're taking out your frustrations on me being a good citizen by burying me in GWF.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa7TvxC2rgA

This is probably better than RAW.

these are awesome

was Lesnar on?

yeah, his segment with Punk was probably the highlight.

that and "paul, say something stupid"

v0yce

So I'm watching NXT for the first time and I've started from the beginning. I'm on season 4 (I think. It's the diva one). Now granted the show is pretty terrible, but I'm finding it entertaining in a strange way.

But my question is, does Michael Cole ever stop trying to be funny by trashing the show? I know he basically sucks all the time, but here with what I'm assuming is little supervision, he really, really makes the show hard to watch. CM Punk did the commentary for one episode this season and it was awesome. ("oh, brainbuster!") Then Cole came back and tries to run it into the ground again.

I just watched the wedding episode where Goldust marries Aksana. Again the show is all kinds of bad, but bad in the best way. I was grinning like an idiot with the Dream and Million Dollar Man showing up. It's so stupid and fun yet half the audio is Cole laughing at his really unfunny jokes and telling the audience how awful the show is.

Anyway, does it ever get better, or (fingers crossed) does Cole ever stop doing the commentary for NXT?

So I'm watching NXT for the first time and I've started from the beginning. I'm on season 4 (I think. It's the diva one). Now granted the show is pretty terrible, but I'm finding it entertaining in a strange way.

But my question is, does Michael Cole ever stop trying to be funny by trashing the show? I know he basically sucks all the time, but here with what I'm assuming is little supervision, he really, really makes the show hard to watch. CM Punk did the commentary for one episode this season and it was awesome. ("oh, brainbuster!") Then Cole came back and tries to run it into the ground again.

I just watched the wedding episode where Goldust marries Aksana. Again the show is all kinds of bad, but bad in the best way. I was grinning like an idiot with the Dream and Million Dollar Man showing up. It's so stupid and fun yet half the audio is Cole laughing at his really unfunny jokes and telling the audience how awful the show is.

Anyway, does it ever get better, or (fingers crossed) does Cole ever stop doing the commentary for NXT?

The diva season is the worst season. So it easily gets better than that. But that's not saying much.

The truth is, for at least the past year, it's probably been WWE's most consistently good show. And even now that RAW is usually pretty good (this week's episode not withstanding) it's the only show I really would go out of my way to watch.

DMczaf

Guys, Cena is hurt. I'm shook. ;_;

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-08-05/how-will-john-cena-elbow-affect-him-at-summerslam-26137985

How will John Cena's elbow affect him at SummerSlam?

Among the many surprises of tonight’s Raw was an unexpected look at an injury the WWE Universe hadn’t even known WWE Champion John Cena sustained: His swollen, distended elbow, which, as The Champ commented on in his address to Daniel Bryan, “looks like a football.”

The sight of the Cenation leader’s injured arm certainly raised concerns for WWE medical staff, who taped The Champ’s elbow up before his main-event bout with Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan against The Shield, but questions about Cena’s health now extend beyond tonight’s show. With SummerSlam just two weeks away and Daniel Bryan gaining momentum in his pursuit of Cena’s title, how, if at all, will this injury come back to haunt The Champ as the bout approaches? As a master of submissions, Daniel Bryan certainly has a big target now; a well-placed elbow-hyperextending hold could cut the match short before it ever truly begins and take Cena’s reign with it. Even if Cena refuses to submit, a WWE official may rule Cena unable to continue if his elbow is snapped.

For now, it does not appear that Cena’s title defense is in any danger, nor is his eligibility for SummerSlam. He can and has fought back through worse. As for whether he’s truly at 100% when he puts his title on the line? That, at least, is no longer a given.

DMczaf

Even if Cena refuses to submit, a WWE official may rule Cena unable to continue if his elbow is snapped.

Don't do it, Cena. Don't make them force you into a match you are not fit for. ;_;

Top Bottom