• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
..we'll all laugh and have a beer afterwards at the BrisGAF thingy Sunday night
assuming I haven't died of exhaustion by then

Wait, wasn't it going to be Saturday night? Sunday night you and I will have to be packing our tables up.

Bulb has it right, Saturday night is the plan!

If it's any consolation for you guys, I'm working on Saturday as well so I'm sure we will all be thirsty come Saturday eve.

OH WHOOPS I ALREADY SPENT ALL MY MONEY AT GAZUNTA'S TABLE
cocaine's a hell of a drug

Gazunta

There's also an opportunity for it to be a Spinal Tap reference.

Or something about Channel 11, the one people only watch because it has neighbours and Simpsons

They gave us lots of wine in this hotel and I'll be fucked if I'm not drinking it before the night is through

quabba

Wow that's super odd, hadn't heard of that one before. I have mind laying flat and haven't had any issue with the eject button (aside from finding the right spot to press for it to eject initially).

My launch ps4 had the ejecting issue. Would just always be in the ejecting state. Ps support told me 50% of the time you can fix it by adjusting the manual eject screw, which I did and it did work. But only for a day or two so I called back and They said they will rma and sed me a refurb. In the instructions they sent they also mentioned that the button can get pressed by the foot on the bottom right next to it. Can't remember what their solution was for that.

I'm still waiting for my refurb console to arrive as Australia post decided to let my console sit at their processing facility for 10days... Strangely enough once I called them about it they found it and delivered it the next day.

Rlan

B3K2pgoCcAAWUKa.jpg:large

Lpvsnlk.gif

Also, I might be up for the BrisGAF meetup, depends on what happens.

It's good fun. Are you on PC or Playstation, how are you finding performance?

PS4, looks great and haven't noticed any frame rate dips, even when shit is exploding everywhere.

And it's just so much fun. I normally feel overwhelmed by Ubisoft games, with FC4 I just wander around getting into ridiculous situations and I don't feel any need to push forward with the story or collect everything, just the gameplay itself and all the distractions are keeping me entertained.

Deeku

Yeah Far Cry looks real coool! Actually pretty tempted to get a PS4 right now even though I don't really need one until March-ish ...hmmm!

senahorse

So I'm pretty much obsessed with Far Cry 4, looking good for my 2014 GOTY at this point.

Played a small portion of it on PC, seems more of Far Cry 3 but looks better, which is a good thing. I am deep into Dragon Age: Inquisition though, so it will have to wait a little while.

So angry about my DAI worldstate not getting imported. I'm like 8 hours in and cannot psychologically deal with having to do all those stupid fetch quests again in the hinterlands.

Wait what? What happened?

When you edit your world-state in DA:Keep, it saves it by default as a file called "Default World State". When you start a game in DA:I, if there is no available world state to import, it also says "Default World State" when you're asked to pick which world state you want. After you pick that, it doesn't give you any indication as to whether that was an imported state or not, or what the world state you chose actually represents.

I.e. it's really fuckin confusing. Turns out you have to click "export to DA:I" on Keep before you can import it. I didn't realise this until later, and had been playing the game under the assumption that it had imported successfully.

senahorse

I did the keep thing for the first dragon age but never played da2 so didn't bother with that one. I don't remember exporting from the keep and so far the choices seem to be the same (about 15-20 hours in), but meh, apart from a couple of things I don't remember much about that game.

MoonGred

When you edit your world-state in DA:Keep, it saves it by default as a file called "Default World State". When you start a game in DA:I, if there is no available world state to import, it also says "Default World State" when you're asked to pick which world state you want. After you pick that, it doesn't give you any indication as to whether that was an imported state or not, or what the world state you chose actually represents.

I.e. it's really fuckin confusing. Turns out you have to click "export to DA:I" on Keep before you can import it. I didn't realise this until later, and had been playing the game under the assumption that it had imported successfully.

As much as this suck I was really worried that there was some gamebreaking bug.
Regardless it's still pretty shitty

Well there are game ruining bugs :p

A lot of people have found out the game treats them as the wrong gender and locks them out of romances and has dialogue options appropriate to the opposite sex. How this got past QA, I will never know :lol

Dead Man

A lot of people have found out the game treats them as the wrong gender and locks them out of romances and has dialogue options appropriate to the opposite sex. How this got past QA, I will never know :lol

EA is trying to keep it's mantle as Ubi challenges them.

I'd just roll with it... probably makes things more interesting anyway!

markot

Banned
I think bacon without any fat on it is kind of evil. Maybe thats what the Jews were eating when they decided to ditch pork. Cant blame em.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
japanausgaf, how do I read this: ケッ

I mean I know it's ke.
it makes up pocket monsters
but I can't find any charts that explain to me the little ッ following a ke?

is it to extend out the e in ke?

are there any other tricks? I'm going to print out the above chart, and below chart and stick to my gameboy as I'm playing japanese pokemon red :D

i learnt japanese from year 7 to year 11, but haven't dont much with it since, I can still read most of the katakana and hiragana

I don't know much, but the ケ is definitely 'ke', and the ッ if it were larger is a 'tsu'. When you have a regular character followed by a small one, you sort of smoosh the sounds together. So in this case ケッ is probably 'ketu' or 'ket' (e.g. pocket).

Look at your chart at gya (gi and ya: gya), chu (chi and ku: chu) and you'll see how these work. To extend sounds out, you use a character that looks like an emdash (—). It's used in beer (ビール bi-i-ru), for example.

I'm sure people better versed can go into more detail on the whats and whys...

Edit: If you're looking for a complete list of katakana, that chart is missing quite a bit. Not sure what they're actually called, but it's missing what I call 'modifiers'. e.g it has ハ (ha) but not パ (pa), has ス(su) but not ズ (zu). Note that from what I can tell the modifier sounds are usually made with the same part of the mouth.

MoonGred

Fk I hope it won't happen to me. What I've played of the game so far has been really enjoyable.
I've played the intro 8 times now each time due to an appearance flaw that I couldn't bear looking at, I wish there was a Sheppard face!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't know much, but the ケ is definitely 'ke', and the ッ if it were larger is a 'tsu'. When you have a regular character followed by a small one, you sort of smoosh the sounds together. So in this case ケッ is probably 'ketu' or 'ket' (e.g. pocket).

Look at your chart at gya (gi and ya: gya), chu (chi and ku: chu) and you'll see how these work. To extend sounds out, you use a character that looks like an emdash (—). It's used in beer (ビール bi-i-ru), for example.

I'm sure people better versed can go into more detail on the whats and whys...

the first sentence is what I was thinking too, but the next character, which i accidently deleted from my post, is ト! for to! as it's a totem pole! thanks mrs whylie. making up the ketto

Jintor

japanausgaf, how do I read this: ケッ

I mean I know it's ke.
it makes up pocket monsters
but I can't find any charts that explain to me the little ッ following a ke?

is it to extend out the e in ke?

are there any other tricks? I'm going to print out the above chart, and below chart and stick to my gameboy as I'm playing japanese pokemon red :D

i learnt japanese from year 7 to year 11, but haven't dont much with it since, I can still read most of the katakana and hiragana

It (the small ツ I mean) doubles the first consonent of whatever comes after it.

So ケッコ is kekko, ケッス is kessu, etc.

Basically - ポケットモンスター in romaji is po.ke.tto.mo.n.su.ta.a. - Poketto monsuta - Pocket Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom