• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Well, the legs in my picture are too long so it evens out....

I retract my statement that the first option was safer. haha. But as long as its comfortable.

Danoss said:
Get a card table!

I've done that before. They're handy, pretty cheap and can be folded away when not in use for added space.
danoss knows whats up
it sits flat against a wall.
think of it as a slightly wider ironing board.

HolyCheck said:
Holy Crap.

You're hired!

tytytyttyty trying it soon! will report back

edit1: coffee table is too high, will inflate the inflatable mattress and sit on that.. i dont know how that will work as it wont be able to go past the coffee table legs
edit 2: ok i've put the white pages books on the floor then put the mini ironing board ontop of them and now im sitting on that, still a bit low.. needs a few more cm
how did you not already think of that. btw do you do all your gaming on a laptop?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
BananaArnie said:
danoss knows whats up
it sits flat against a wall.
think of it as a slightly wider ironing board.

how did you not already think of that. btw do you do all your gaming on a laptop?

Yup It's all I have (besides my Wii sans motion control +)

Jintor

I was jawwing with someone here a bit back who said he prefered Hush to Heart of Hush. Well, I just re-read Hush while I was at my cousin's place and it's just as bad as I remembered. A throw-every-villain-into-the-story let's-spell-out-everything-for-the-reader oh-my-shock-value this-reintroduced-childhood-friend-definitely-isn't-significant type of story. Blargh.

Now i've got to track down Heart of Hush and see if that's worse than I remembered.

Axiom

Jintor said:
A throw-every-villain-into-the-story let's-spell-out-everything-for-the-reader oh-my-shock-value this-reintroduced-childhood-friend-definitely-isn't-significant type of story. Blargh.

Sounds like Jeph Loeb comic all right.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
You last 2 guys suck.

It's terrible. It's blatent, unsubtle, Batman is nothing more than a grouchy badass thug rather than the Dark Knight Detective we know him to be, and it conjures up a childhood friend from nowhere who was Bruce's BEST FRIEND FOREVER and who unsurprisingly turns out to be the bad guy.

Fantastic art on the past sequences though.

Jeph Loeb Batman is best Batman.

Also why isn't the CD key for Skyrim on the manual? Or do JB leave the manual in the cases on the shelves (which would be stupid)?

HolyCheck said:
FKkQp.jpg

Gotta make sure you're sitting properly with a good posture for extended gaming sessions. No coffee table + couch for me tonight

Toshiba Satellite? I have the same one.... :)

Though mine has a bit of the dark side to it:

32080_431709551873_653461873_5582534_5021203_n.jpg

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
The redeeming quality of Gervais and David are that they are 100% honest. They may come across as selfish but that is because they don't give a fuck about hiding it. Also Karl is in on the joke, he doesn't hold back because he knows it makes for entertainment.
Hm. On that note, I'l keep that in mind when giving them a crack. If I still feel sorry for Karl after viewing a few more episodes of IA it's on your head.

Just kidding.

Not really. On your head, William Tell-style.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
markot said:
http://www.ecogamer.com.au/
Bargain Chat
DarkSun: $0 for Skyrim PC if you go in and open the case at JB Hi-Fi and write down the code.

zeesh@!
:| thanks for the tip-off. I don't think we currently have any full cases on shelves at the moment, but down the line this could be an issue.

reptilescorpio said:
Jeph Loeb Batman is best Batman.
I just don't know how I feel about you, anymore.

I think my like of Loebs work begins and end with A Superman for All Seasons. That was a long time ago. I have not read it recently. I choose not to read it again. For his sake.

He can keep that small victory.

I also like early Spawn and the recent series Haunt by McFarlane and Kirkman. Not to mention all the horribly written Manga I used to read.

Loeb Batman was a strong influence on Nolan so you at least have to give him thanks for that.

Warren Ellis is still the number one writer in my book.

Call Of Duty 4 hasn't aged as well as I thought it had. Graphics have come a long way than I expected, some of the areas feel cheap and barren of assets. Gameplay is still great but there are a lot more insta-death instances than I remembered, very frustrating. Charlie Don't Surf is still a bloody fantastic level. Noticed it has issues with making you wait for other people to go through doors which I had forgotten too. Looking forward to the manic final mission which I recall being incredible.

Lafiel said:
Only australians would consider doing shit like that smh!
I wouldn't say ONLY Australians. It is pretty much piracy but you screw over another gamer as well.

legend166

So what are the chances of Zelda breaking really early?

I feel like that's a good antidote to a game that's been leaked so early like this.

reptilescorpio said:
Call Of Duty 4 hasn't aged as well as I thought it had. Graphics have come a long way than I expected, some of the areas feel cheap and barren of assets. Gameplay is still great but there are a lot more insta-death instances than I remembered, very frustrating. Charlie Don't Surf is still a bloody fantastic level. Noticed it has issues with making you wait for other people to go through doors which I had forgotten too. Looking forward to the manic final mission which I recall being incredible.

All Ghillied Up's still fantastic too. Nothing in the way of challenging gameplay but it evokes the atmosphere of being a sniper so well. The next level after the shot is taken could have been great too if it wasn't for that standoff at the ferris-wheel.

I wouldn't say ONLY Australians. It is pretty much piracy but you screw over another gamer as well.

In my mind that just makes it theft; digital piracy doesn't take away access of a good from another, it merely copies the good. How that came to be the definition when historic pirates deprived their victims of booty is anyone's guess.

reptilescorpio said:
Loeb Batman was a strong influence on Nolan so you at least have to give him thanks for that.
I have to do no such thing, good sir!

The best Batman is TAS Batman. Very Honorable Mentions go to Denny O'Neil, Paul Dini, Ty Templeton and (early) Frank Miller (only. No Crazy Frank allowed).

But, in all honesty, the comic has rarely captured the essence of 'Batman' as frequently or impressively as the Animated Series and it's comic book spinoff.

The last two games also did very well. But really, that was Batman: The Animated Series The Game Made In The Art Style Of The Comics.

Now good day to you, sir.

I said good day.

Fusebox

Banned
Lafiel said:
Only australians would consider doing shit like that smh!

Yes, so true, we are the shoplifting country, no other country has shoplifters, you caught us out!

Are you fucking stupid?

Jintor

Planet_JASE said:
I have to do no such thing, good sir!

The best Batman is TAS Batman. Very Honorable Mentions go to Denny O'Neil, Paul Dini, Ty Templeton and (early) Frank Miller (only. No Crazy Frank allowed).

But, in all honesty, the comic has rarely captured the essence of 'Batman' as frequently or impressively as the Animated Series and it's comic book spinoff.

The last two games also did very well. But really, that was Batman: The Animated Series The Game Made In The Art Style Of The Comics.

Now good day to you, sir.

I said good day.

Watching Mark Hamil's Comic-con stuff from this year now. He's a fantastic VA.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I am confused on why stores wouldn't FORCE you to pay for the game if you even pulled off shit like that.

Yes, so true, we are the shoplifting country, no other country has shoplifters, you caught us out!

Are you fucking stupid?
I was only half-joking + am australian.

midonnay

I never thought about stealing stuff until I step foot into this godforsaken country....

I think its something to do with aussie gravity messing with the brain :/

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
midonnay said:
I never thought about stealing stuff until I step foot into this godforsaken country....

I think its something to do with aussie gravity messing with the brain :/

Danoss said:
So, you're a thief then?

To be honest, from personal experience in the rural areas of australia, the stereotype that australians = thieves is kinda true in a sense. Not so sure about the cities tho.

Just got abused by a customer when I explained I couldn't do a layby for her because we have no physical space to put laybys now. I said it was a safety hazard, and a PS3 fell on an employee's head recently because there were so much stuff stacked in the store room.

Salazar

Fredescu said:
Spanked to death.

Touch and go at the moment, Fred.

God damn. It's bad form to speculate, but it sounds like suicide. Which blows my mind. Not that listening to someone's commentary on test cricket means that you know much about them, but damn.

Shaneus

Shaneus said:
Hm. On that note, I'l keep that in mind when giving them a crack. If I still feel sorry for Karl after viewing a few more episodes of IA it's on your head.

Just kidding.

Not really. On your head, William Tell-style.
Holy hell I post some stupid shit when drunk. Awesome analogy though, if I do say so myself. And my typing is impeccable.

It also appears I was millimeters away (literally, going by the position of the mouse cursor) from buying Sonic Generations at GMG :lol

Fusebox

Banned
Lafiel said:
To be honest, from personal experience in the rural areas of australia, the stereotype that australians = thieves is kinda true in a sense. Not so sure about the cities tho.

Sorry for the outburst earlier. :p

Anyway I went looking for data on this, and what I found was weird.

Total crimes by country:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri-crime-total-crimes

Total criminal victims by country:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri_vic-crime-total-victims

Turns out we aren't nation of criminals after all, we're a nation of victims! lol

Fogz

Lafiel said:

Must have been very different to the rural areas where I've been living all my life

Top Bottom