• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Park is Real (MK 8 DLC)

Mory Dunz

ymLiNHx.jpg

He's just happy to be there.

"What a time to be alive"

Azure J

That graffiti, though:

If only the subway car were modeled after the old "redbird" NYC MTA train cars:

Then I could get hype imagining I'm racing through "Wild Style: Mushroom Kingdom Edition."

I have an inner child that strongly identifies with Brooklyn and is specifically in love with games that use visuals that hearken back to or shout out to late 80s/early 90s New York City.

Roo

Damn, 2880p Mario Kart. That's the dream =(

Well, look at it like this.. if this is a Wii U game, just imagine how beautiful the next home console Mario Kart will be.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see it being 1080p/60 with some AA
Thanks to these pictures, we know they work with a much higher resolution that we actually get so the work is already there.

Davey Cakes

I wonder why they decided to wait until the last lap of Baby Park to turn on the lights of the railings.
It looks awesome and it's a shame we only can see it for like... 8 seconds at best.
Maybe it's there as a warning? I can imagine players losing track of which lap they're on (regardless of the indicator).

This DLC looks like it's had even more effort put into it than the main game... and that already looked like it had a ton of love put into it.

I know we've all said it a million times... but this is DLC done right.

Gardex

Seeing Ribbon Road and Cheese Land just makes me hope for another batch of DLC at a later time that adds Sky Garden and Rainbow Road GBA with a similar design-treatment.

?oe?oe

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
This really is one of the most beautiful games I have ever laid my eyes on. @_@

LOL @ all the people who said the rumour wasn't worth discussing. ALL the rumoured tracks are there:

3DS_NEOBOWSERCITY = 3DS Neo Bowser/Koopa City
GC_BABYPARK = GCN Baby Park
WU_ANIMAL = Animal Crossing
WU_METRO = Super Bell Subway
WU_WOODS = Wild Woods

For Baby Park... as said in the locked thread (because OMG fake), I loved it on Gamecube but I'm not sure the track makes sense with Mario Kart 8 items, even though the anti gravity bumping will probably make it quite fun. We'll see.

They might make Baby Park a battle mode track which would help salvage battle mode.

Simbabbad

They might make Baby Park a battle mode track which would help salvage battle mode.
I'd rather have them make the whole online options to the level of... Mario Kart Wii. Friend list and time trials are horribly managed, there is no time ghost channel (where you drove against random ghosts, my most used mode in MKW) any more, no renewed online competitive events with friend list display, no "classic" item mode with only mushrooms, green shells and bananas...

Also, the items are still a very big issue online, and as you said, no real battle mode. I'd even be happy if they just ported the arenas and modes of Double Dash, it was the best part of the game.

So yeah, the game is incredibly beautiful, the tracks are well designed, but the game has tons of issues, and Mario Kart Wii didn't have a lot of those.

Rodin

Never liked Baby Park, but the graphical overhaul is fantastic. But dat Big blue? Hhhnnngggg...

Animal Crossing track looks fantastic as well.

MicH

I love all the tracks except Cheese Land. It's just so bland and hardly looks like cheese at all. It just looks like another genetic desert track to me :(

Top Bottom