• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

SmartBase

AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available

Same shit, different game which AMD dual GPU users can't play properly. Wonderful.

Tainted

Aw hell naw.

Time to call Dave Lang and complain.

0Zhgxc6.png

sgs2008

Anybody having issues with the textures? They're ugly as heck!

I did a verify integrity check just in case and now my game is redownloading all over again...

1F216DFC2F09DE0E100DF0AC3CBB61B12A8D79A1

Its just the game man to be honest there is a ton of aliasing , looks blurry and has very badtextures in places. Technically the only good thing is the lighting effect and reflections. Gameworks stuff is nice but obviously kills performance. This game rly needs a patch badly.

mm04

Well, I'm glad I didn't fall prey to temptation and pre-order this. By the time I do get around to purchasing this thing, I'm sure all the issues will be ironed out...and it'll be like $12 on a Steam sale in 2016.

My preload unpacked in under 10 minutes on my SSD. Don't know why some of you are having issues with it. Maybe an issue with your SSD firmware?

Also, just launched the game on my Titan X + ROG Swift GSYNC setup and the fucking WB Games logo is stuttering. That's promising. lol.
You have to start the game once to unlock the file mentioned in the OP. Very quickly quit to go remove the 30 FPS cap.

And yeah, on my Samsung 840 it unpacked in about 8 minutes. No issues, now watching the intro.

is it really that wrong to ask for a working product after dishing out $50 bucks for a game? sad thing is, that the game will still sell like hotcakes and WB won't change anything about this process at all.

MattyG

Banned
It was running great for me until
Ace Chemicals
and then it all went to shit. I'm restarting the game, hoping that'll help.

Qassim

Who locks a PC game to 30fps? Was this intentional? I'm late to the party here.

I'm not convinced it was intentional, the benchmark isn't capped and NVIDIA released a 60fps video prior to launch, there also seems to be no issues with removing the cap.

way more

Anybody having issues with the textures? They're ugly as heck!

I did a verify integrity check just in case and now my game is redownloading all over again...

1F216DFC2F09DE0E100DF0AC3CBB61B12A8D79A1

Fuck it, I'm not waiting for my DL to finish. Refunded. I'll buy it next week when it's playable.

jett

D-Member
Just realized both of the latest PC shitshows, Mortal Kombat and this, are WB products.

Welp.

What's next, Mad Max?

kinggroin

Banned
Last three Batman games have been amazing ports.

Wtf happened here? Different developer? Why didn't Rocksteady handle it themselves? PC gaming isn't being treated like shit in 2015 is inexcusable.

SlickVic

Haven't played the game yet but reading this thread, it's going to be interesting to see how hard they get hit with refunds. Even if they can somehow patch these issues up quickly (and perhaps the threat of hemorrhaging more refunds will serve as further motivation) there probably is going to have to be some consequences to launching a high profile game in this state in a post-Steam refund PC marketplace.

void666

Banned
Ucapped fps. Framerate is rough when driving the batmobile or when flying high but other than that it's fine.
For some reason nor fraps or steam fps counter are working. But i feel it's 50 to 60 fps most of the time.
So far i had smoke effects turned off. Now i'l try rain effects off to see if i get better performance when flying/driving.

Malygos

Man I was so hyped for this game, thought my 4770k and GTX 970 would run this game maxed out 1080p 60fps no problem like The Witcher 3... Guess I was wrong, judging by everyones reactions I'm just going to hold off until this game gets patched. Shame.

Vex_

Banned
Gemüsepizza;169467314 said:
"Verify integrity of game cache" seems to be totally broken. I just started it for fun and it deleted the whole game.

I am sorry, but I started laughing just short if crying when I read this.

How in the world does it just delete the whole game? Wow.

One nice thing - the game recongnized my DS4 and is showing ps4 buttons.

That makes me happy.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Last three Batman games have been amazing ports.

Wtf happened here? Different developer? Why didn't Rocksteady handle it themselves? PC gaming isn't being treated like shit in 2015 is inexcusable.

Warner Bros is a shit publisher who just assumed could shit out whatever because lol they'll eat it up

Mr_eX

It's not letting me turn on interactive smoke/fog and interactive paper debris. The options are just greyed out. My 980 should be able to handle it.

Download 34 gigs earlier, twenty-five minutes of unpacking, files fail to verify, must download the 34 gigs again. Off to a great start, fellas.

So, so glad I refunded my pre-order from GMG after the bullshit with the MKX port on PC. I figured WB couldn't be trusted after letting that shitshow through.

viveks86

Did people figure out why 2 of the graphics options are disabled? Is it driver related?

Ran the benchmark at 4K:

Titan X SLI Disabled:

Min: 34
Max: 60
Avg: 45

Titan X SLI Enabled:

Min: 39
Max:60
Avg: 51

:/

Gonna try a driver reinstall.

jg4xchamp

Still waiting on it to download (forgot to preload), but if I have a 970, and I have an i75820 at 3.3ghz and I want to play at 1080p at 60 frames, what are most likely the things I'll have to tone down? I don't need the game to be on ultra, the game looks plenty impressive as it is.

Top Bottom