• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

CIKIkc9UsAArY5X.png

oh

Lmao

Getting - 70-120 fps with my OC TitanX on 1080p at max settings (including gameworks)

64GB Ram
480gb HyperX SSD

Good enough! Game looks incredible.

Installed new AMD drivers.
Shit ready to go.

Question: the Harley Quinn DLC doesn't show up in my DLC list.

sup wit dat.

Where'd you get it from? I got mine from the GTX 970 promo and I wasn't expecting any pre-order stuff, but strangely the New 52 skins are listed on mine.

Still waiting on it to download (forgot to preload), but if I have a 970, and I have an i75820 at 3.3ghz and I want to play at 1080p at 60 frames, what are most likely the things I'll have to tone down? I don't need the game to be on ultra, the game looks plenty impressive as it is.

If I had to guess, you might try turning off the nvidia gameworks fog?

What performance are people getting with the batmobiles? It was ok while flying around but the first chase sequence sent me to the mid 20s at random :/

I was worried after reading all these negative performance issues, but so far no stutters 30fps steady at 2560x1440, settings at high, shadows normal, no NVIDIA effects, no AA on my R9 295x2 (only using one gpu though :(( ) I'm going to crack the limit and see how it goes.

Man everyone in here is a bunch of babies... Look, every game released now is going to have problems the day of launch. If you can't troubleshoot or can't deal with having a few issues here or there, you should probably just wait until about a week from now and a few patches will be out and all these little problems will be fixed.

I understand a game having issues at launch and patches being required. That shit started in 2006. But this a is major release across all platforms and he PC version in particular has been hyped to hell and back with an Nvidia GPU promotion. The issues people are encountering tonight are absurd and a clear sign that the PC release was not optimized in the slightest. I blame WB, Rocksteady AND Nvidia for this debacle.

As a recent adopter of a high end PC gaming rig, this release tarnishes the image of what "AAA" PC gaming is supposed to be. Thank god CD Projekt Red hit it out of the park with Witcher 3.

Vex_

Banned
So wait. Now there's drm in the drm?

Wow. Keep it coming. I may just delete the game off my hard drive when I get home.

jg4xchamp

I haven't launched it yet, but I didn't get a file in configurations called BMsystemsettings

I got Default System Settings and User System Settings, and none of them had a MaxFPS thing.

hlhbk

Last three Batman games have been amazing ports.

Wtf happened here? Different developer? Why didn't Rocksteady handle it themselves? PC gaming isn't being treated like shit in 2015 is inexcusable.

City was far from an amazing port. If you had dx11 features turned on it ran like shit on maxed hardware at the time.

How the hell do you get the DS4 working for this game? The TouchPad moves the mouse in game but nothing else works. I have DS4 windows running.

Edit: oh and it crashed just as I got into the diner. Fail.

sgs2008

Getting - 70-120 fps with my OC TitanX on 1080p at max settings (including gameworks)

64GB Ram
480gb HyperX SSD

Good enough! Game looks incredible.

Which drivers are you using cause with sli ttatn x's at 1440p im getting drops to 30 fps turning off sli doesnt help. Im wondering if the latest nvidia driver is just broke

This is a total joke. After the game unpacked for the last 45 minutes, I go to launch the darn thing and boom, it sits on a black screen. LOL! I think I'm just going to order the PS4 version and just try to get a refund on this PC one....what an annoyance.

sgs2008

How the hell do you get the DS4 working for this game? The TouchPad moves the mouse in game but nothing else works. I have DS4 windows running.

you dont need ds4 windows, the game supports the ds4 natively. I just had to plug my controller and it worked fine for me

Van Owen

Banned
So...the game seems fairly smooth on my 7950 with the latest AMD drivers at 30fps.

I'm running everything at max except no Gameworks and no AA or vsync.

Using Radeonpro I'm forcing vsync, TB, and SMAA and also using DFC to cap at 30fps just in case the in game limiter is wonky. Only really dropped to 28fps during parts of the batmobile sequence and has the usual hitch when loading/saving. I'll try the ini tweak next.

Nabs

Close DS4Windows. You don't to emulate a 360 controller.

ekim

Good thing I'm flying back home tomorrow. If I were already home I would have bought the game. I actually wanted to play it before Witcher 3 now I'm doing it the other way around. I hope that most issues are sorted when I'm finished with TW3

I hope the Nvidia drivers aren't the culprit for the problems... wouldn't want anything getting in the way of the Arkham Knight AND Witcher 3. That'd just be a massive bummer.

The game's not even a day old. Is it so wrong for it to call home from time to time? Sometimes you just miss your family.
ABSOLUTEHORROR

Gemüsepizza;169467314 said:
"Verify integrity of game cache" seems to be totally broken. I just started it for fun and it deleted the whole game. Maybe there is a problem with the preload data? Fortunately I have a very fast internet connection.

Ok the problem is not the preload data. After the download I tried the integrity check a second time and it deleted my files *again*. Don't use this option lol.

Wasn't there performance issues with another game which uses the same DRM

Fake edit: Google says lords of the fallen

Last I heard nobody could conclusively demonstrate that it was causing issues there. However even if it was, nobody here has proven that this game is using it unless I missed a post. And even if it is using it, we have no way to disable it yet to compare performance.

In summary, we don't know why shit's broke

RK9039

Got to 84% installation and it decided to re-install the game again, the entire game.

I knew Val Kilmer would fuck around somehow.

Ok folks here it goes for 4k gaming:

i7-920 (stock)
16GB RAM
Titan X
Samsung EVO 840 (1T SSD)
Latest Nvidia Drivers (353.30)
@4k with MAX settings + Gameworks (ALL Options)

Benchmark (in-game)
Min FPS: 25
Max FPS: 30
Avg FPS: 29

OqWxPjR.jpg

Graphics impressions: The benchmark level and the opening scene are very poorly done and doesn't show anywhere near the graphics of the main game. Lighting is very flat and textures very bland. However once you are out in the open, the game's visuals take a steep climb to next-gen. There is so much going on screen it's ridiculous!

Flying around town with the cap and running FRAPS, I'm holding a constant 30fps with a few dips down to 24fps. There is so much going on that I can't tell what is causing the FPS drops.

SH1IhNx.jpg

fGIQhtp.jpg

Water is SICK!

SldF5ts.jpg

It's pretty fucked up that this is sitting at a 91 metacritic, and after 2+ hours of playing I can't enjoy a single minute of it due to the performance. 60's dipping into 20's. Even capping it 30 has it dropping to mid to low 20's, despite all settings on low.

680 SLI (2GB)

i5-3570K @ 4.2

16GB RAM - Windows 7 - 1920x1080

Top Bottom