• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Dr. Kaos

Banned
You know what's ironic? I was playing the (excellent) PS4 version and thinking "This game would really shine on PC at 60FPS. With more physical objects and less pop-in, it would look glorious".

So, I haven't read the whole thread but I take it the PC version is not great?

You know what's ironic? I was playing the (excellent) PS4 version and thinking "This game would really shine on PC at 60FPS. With more physical objects and less pop-in, it would look glorious".

So, I haven't read the whole thread but I take it the PC version is not great?

The PC version runs like shit and has missing effects from the PS4 Version.

Between the Frame drops , running like shit , crashing , stuttering , hitching. Take your pick.

can't believe they fucked up the port so hard but still had the decency to include native ds4 support with button prompts to match
KuGsj.gif

pahamrick

50mb patch was for the flashpoint skins for season pass holders, I think. They're appearing now in my list and weren't before the patch.

can't believe they fucked up the port so hard but still had the decency to include native ds4 support with button prompts to match
KuGsj.gif

I know I was surprised to find out the controller I use for most PC games was natively supported.

I guess that's what happens when the PS4 is the Lead platform. Unfortunately everything when it came to playing the game went downhill from there.

Anyone keep running into low memory issues?

I have the recommended 8GB of RAM, yet every time I boot into either the story or Performance test it keeps telling me I have low memory - All other applications or potential memory hogs have been shut down and their processes stopped.

Must be my shitty i7 2600K holding me back :(

Sciz

I'm not invested in this game at all, and I'm sorry to hear you guys are having such a rotten time with it, but I had to pop in to thank whoever came up with the thread title because I can't look at it without laughing.

50mb patch was for the flashpoint skins for season pass holders, I think. They're appearing now in my list and weren't before the patch.

Oh boy, if this doesn't just add fuel to the fire.

Poor Iron Galaxy, I'm willing to bet WB pushed that skin out without consideration to their position.

I have the recommended 8GB of RAM, yet every time I boot into either the story or Performance test it keeps telling me I have low memory - All other applications or potential memory hogs have been shut down and their processes stopped.

The game runs fine on laptop CPUs , when its on Console. On PC , its a middle finger to all PC gamers.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
First Metroid burns me now Batman burns me.

You know what guys screw this I'm going to play Ori & the Blind Forest, the real GotY 2015

The game has a memory leak problem, among the rest of the problems. You processor should be adequate.

mandiller

I was downloading the game and had about 64% done and then I let another of my games download a little update first. When the download resumes for Batman its back to 0%. What the hell? I left my computer on all night to download that much. Are there any fixes?

npa189

Well I've decided not to play it until they fix this thing. 30fps and bad textures are unacceptable in 2015, and once again we get duped on PC. I can't complain too much since I got it for free (along with a really good game made by some upstanding Polish people). The IQ is trash and its not the game we were sold. I have faith in IG though, they aren't out to screw people over.

pahamrick

Great priorities, Rocksteady.

To be fair, it was something that was supposed to go live with the game at release. Something else that got screwed up.

I was downloading the game and had about 64% done and then I let another of my games download a little update first. When the download resumes for Batman its back to 0%. What the hell? I left my computer on all night to download that much. Are there any fixes?

Try restarting Steam, sometimes that fixes it.

About to get off work and thought I'd come here to see if there was any news on a patch so I could play tonight. I am sad now.

They haven't even announced someone is working on a patch only that the problem has been relayed to the PC External development team , whatever the hell that means.

kinggroin

Banned

Mine did the same thing but at 82%

You just got to get it done in one uninterrupted run :-/

VICI0US

been reading about how terrible the port is all day, finally home to try it myself

I've got an i5 4690k @ 4.5Ghz, MSI 970 4G @ 1551MHz boost clock, and 8GB 1866 MHz RAM.

updated to newest drivers and launched the game, all benchmarks done at 1080p

benchmark 1 with max settings, all gameworks disabled: 96 FPS Average, 67 FPS Minimum

benchmark 2 with max settings, all gameworks enabled: 61 FPS Average, 40 FPS minimum

benchmark 3 with max settings, enhanced fog off, rest of gameworks enabled: 79 FPS Average, 63 FPS minimum

haven't messed with .ini files or actually played the game at all yet, that comes next.

update: l o l. 30 seconds into the opening cutscene "batman arkham knight has stopped working" and a huge error list. gg.

MattyG

Banned
been reading about how terrible the port is all day, finally home to try it myself

I've got an i5 4690k @ 4.5Ghz, MSI 970 4G @ 1551MHz boost clock, and 8GB 1866 MHz RAM.

benchmark 1 with max settings, all gameworks disabled: 96 FPS Average, 67 FPS Minimum

benchmark 2 with max settings, all gameworks enabled: 61 FPS Average, 40 FPS minimum

benchmark 3 with max settings, enhanced fog off, rest of gameworks enabled: 79 FPS Average, 63 FPS minimum

haven't messed with .ini files or actually played the game at all yet, that comes next.
Benchmark ain't shit but lies and tricks.

vocab

The benchmark is about as useless as GTAIV's

Gbraga

Don't believe their lies.

To top it off I just got spoiled on the game by clicking on the wrong Facebook post. Everything with this game just keeps getting fucking better and better.

Never pre-ordering through GMG ever again. $50 out the window for a game that I can't even play.

Koutsoubas

They killed Batman. The most hyped Game of the Year along with Witcher 3.

It takes a serious amount of indifference towards your fans and supporters to do it.

They killed it with no shame. With no remorse. With no care for the game.

They deserve nothing.

You gotta remove the 30fps lock.

I really hate this waiting for a patch crap...I'm sorry, I know this thread is literally nothing but complaints like this one, but I can't help but want to vent about it. Complete BS, that here we are on launch day, feeling like we can't enjoy the game we own. I was really looking forward to playing it last night. Fuck you WB.

DCDW

Is Iron Galaxy the studio that ported Mortal Kombat X to PC as well? If so, that explains B:AK, yet at the same time is very telling of WB/Rocksteady. I mean it's only been a few months since MK:X's release, so that means Iron Galaxy was porting both titles near simultaneously. I can't imagine Iron Galaxy is a large studio and I imagine both ports failings are a given if they're a small studio tasked with porting two high profile games at the same time.

Exuro

Is Iron Galaxy the studio that ported Mortal Kombat X to PC as well? If so, that explains B:AK, yet at the same time is very telling of WB/Rocksteady. I mean it's only been a few months since MK:X's release, so that means Iron Galaxy was porting both titles near simultaneously. I can't imagine Iron Galaxy is a large studio and I imagine both ports failings are a given if they're a small studio tasked with porting two high profile games at the same time.
That was High Voltage.

gdt

I'm just glad I'm getting great performance. It's crazy. No stutter...high frame rates, no texture loading issues....no Batmobile fps drops. It's fucking bonkers.

I don't understand what's happening here. I feel super lucky.

Played for 4 hours straight. No crash, no stutter outside of the first few seconds in the opening cinematic, no real dips.

They killed Batman. The most hyped Game of the Year along with Witcher 3.

It takes a serious amount of indifference towards your fans and supporters to do it.

They killed it with no shame. With no remorse. With no care for the game.

They deserve nothing.

This was supposed to be the big finale. The end to Rocksteady's epic story for one of the most beloved heroes in the world. And it is completely fucking ruined. Disappointment would be a gross understatement

High voltage studios ported mkx

Top Bottom