• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Kazz1896

Neo Member
I'm just glad I'm getting great performance. It's crazy. No stutter...high frame rates, no texture loading issues....no Batmobile fps drops. It's fucking bonkers.

I don't understand what's happening here. I feel super lucky.

Played for 4 hours straight. No crash, no stutter outside of the first few seconds in the opening cinematic, no real dips.

Oh really? Are you getting the lighting, Ultra textures and all the other bells and whistles promised in the last couple of years?

Red Hood

Banned
Use DDU aka Display Driver Uninstaller.

I did there and it booted on in Safe Mode deleting the current driver. I then re-installed the 15.6 driver but somehow I can't seem to open it any more. It doesn't start any more and it says something along the lines of "There are currently no settings that can be configured with AMD Catalyst Control Center".

mandiller

So, I bought this game at retail and redeemed the steam key. If I request a refund through Steam will it allow me to get a refund to my credit card? And if so, will it refund me what I paid for at retail or the listed price on Steam?

kriven4437

Neo Member
Reinstalled the 15.6 Driver played around fought some street toughs. I'm shocked im still playing and then go to GCPD and crash
th

Seriously, check the AO and rainy surface shader comparisons. PC version is gimped compared with PS4/XBONE versions. You are not as lucky as you think ... :(
Oh no, the console gamers are playing the game with two graphical effects that are currently bugged on PC. How could a PC gamer who is currently playing and enjoying the game continue to do so?

Wertyscp

Neo Member
there's all this talk about the frame rate problem, which is annoying, but I could live with it, ended up locking it to 36fps(144hz monitor), with all the bells and whistles.

But what is killing it for me are the texture streaming problems, they are somewhat easy to miss in the open city, but when you get to the interiors....
7Su15EH.jpg

or this
b3kBdMI.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this?
I hope they take to long to patch this game....

So, I bought this game at retail and redeemed the steam key. If I request a refund through Steam will it allow me to get a refund to my credit card? And if so, will it refund me what I paid for at retail or the listed price on Steam?

refunds only apply if you bought it on the steam store, unfortunately. You're out of luck.

RK9039

I don't think you can refund keys, it's the same as using GMG.

Red Hood

Banned

I was under the impression refunds are only handed if you bought it directly from the Steam store. Any other retailer, be it digital or physical, is likely not to get refunded. At least that's what I've understood from it.

robgrab

So far I've seen lots of performance issues but the widescreen support is also messed up. The FOV keeps changing whenever any text pops up on the screen. Never seen anything like that before. Nothing really surprises me any more.

sflufan

Banned

How do you intend to refund a game that you did not buy through Steam from Valve?

Think about it for a second.

Firebrand

Doubt they'll refund you for games not bought on the Steam store.

diamount

Banned
Crazy that I'm getting a smooth 60 fps when in the batmobile, and in heavy fights with drones with everything turned up the highest except the smoke effect. Shows you how anomalous PC gaming can be, but it's a crap port to be sure.

there's all this talk about the frame rate problem, which is annoying, but I could live with it, ended up locking it to 36fps(144hz monitor), with all the bells and whistles.

But what is killing it for me are the texture streaming problems, they are somewhat easy to miss in the open city, but when you get to the interiors....
7Su15EH.jpg

or this
b3kBdMI.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this?
I hope they take to long to patch this game....

By all the Bells and whistles you mean you got the missing PS4 Effects?

Oh no, the console gamers are playing the game with two graphical effects that are currently bugged on PC. How could a PC gamer who is currently playing and enjoying the game continue to do so?

We are getting worse effects + Worse performance.

ryushe

It should work out of the box. Plug N´ Play. Do you have the xbox controller drivers?
Yeah. It's so weird too because I've noticed this issue with Life is Strange also, but didn't care too much because that's pretty much a point n' click game, so I have no issues playing with a mouse and keyboard.

Batman in the other hand? Nope.

Corpekata

Banned
Just played it for a bit and it ran well, no real texture pop in issues. No clue what I did to fix it besides a reboot. Seems like I'm gonna get a different game every time I run it.

diamount

Banned
By all the Bells and whistles you mean you got the missing PS4 Effects?

We are getting worse effects + Worse performance.

You keep going on about the 'PS4 effects' Have you got a comparison video handy? Non-youtube preferably as the compression makes graphical comparisons useless.

I did there and it booted on in Safe Mode deleting the current driver. I then re-installed the 15.6 driver but somehow I can't seem to open it any more. It doesn't start any more and it says something along the lines of "There are currently no settings that can be configured with AMD Catalyst Control Center".

I think you accidentally installed the wrong driver for your OS (there was a mixup on the AMD site). Check your file name, the OS version (e.g. Win 7) must be there. Here you can download the correct version:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

I find the naming convention weird for the textures. Why go for "Normal" if it´s the highest. "High" sounds much better for the public.

Naming it "Normal" makes it seem like there will be a future texture pack though. I sure do hope that´s the case.

Parsnip

On my old 2gig GTX760, it's running surprisingly well. Obviously the missing AO etc sucks, but I'm not getting any stuttering at least.

Irobot82

Video capture. Now. If it looks as funny as it sounds like, I think it'll result in some epic gifs. :)

It only happened on the scene as she was being walked to her cell. Same thing happened to Oracle but it was just her hair. Also, I've found after I've alt tabbed out and back in my performance is around 50-60fps on a 7950 *shrugs*

Try playing the game and tell me if you get the same performance....the benchmark for the game is all but useless and doesn't reflect what kind of performance you'll actually get.

I get the same performance. I also get no crashing or memory leak problems.

But far be it from me to inject any level of positivity about the game.

Will you be happy knowing you are playing a graphically inferior version compared to consoles?

Given the fact that I paid £13 for it (vs £40-45 for consoles), and it's running okay-ish for me, I'm not too angry.

The game itself is so good though that I do feel bad not playing it at 60fps+.

so this isn't the thread to discuss the performance of the game, it's this new thread?

People getting mad that the Console version is superior thanks to actual work being put into the game and no work being put into the PC port is what this thread has become.

PS, I'm mad about both performance and how PC looks inferior.

Darktalon

SLI 980 Ti user here.

I'm getting better performance turning SLI off and leaving the 2nd card as dedicated Physx. Using the in-game benchmark that brings me from 40 fps avg to 63 fps avg.

1440p and all settings Max.

Top Bottom