• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 and more coming to the EA access vault by Sept. 17

Pjsprojects

I got Battlefront and TF2 in the Xbox sale :-( wonder if I can get a refund?
I have Origin access so would prefer to play them on pc.

Colbert

Banned
Sony knows whats best for us, they told us options are bad. and I believe them. And this EA Access abomination is still not good value. I personally love them looking out for us in how we choose to spend our own money and free will. They are truly 4thegamers.

Also why should Sony open up PSN? Their winning this gen they don't need this. We have to also think of the PlayStation management team and their emotional needs. And not upset them by continuing to ask for this extremely bad value for money service.

Definitely sarcasm ...

TheRed

Happy for anything that can possibly get more players into Titanfall 2 PC. What a great game with very good support.

Battlefield 1 feels like such a squandered opportunity with the dumb premium model feeling like the most negative impact on the game than it ever has before, and still super slow dlc release schedule even with premium. I regret buying into it with premium. The free dlc is usually terrible too.
Could've been so much better.

Pjsprojects

So I just booted up battlefront to try out the DLC...

Sat in a lobby on the deathstar DLC for 5 minutes with just one other person. Tried again later and got the same thing.

I'm done for now, hopefully this gets populated later on becuase no one is playing right now.
PC version was very busy at the last free weekend.
Give people time to hear about the update.

Izuna

Banned
I got Battlefront and TF2 in the Xbox sale :-( wonder if I can get a refund?
I have Origin access so would prefer to play them on pc.

I bought 3 copies of TF2 as a gift to people who haven't played it yet, but they all have EA/Origin Access.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Awesome on both counts. Will play the campaign of TF2 then.

Izuna

Banned
Awesome on both counts. Will play the campaign of TF2 then.

atSlt6m.gif

BigEmil

Sony PLEASE. Come on now it was cute when there was nothing I wanted but this is getting ridiculous.
I'm glad Sony doesn't do this otherwise knowing my friends they'd just get this and only play EA games all years and not bother with any other games with their very limited taste

EA Acess is amazing.

I'd gladly pay $100/year to get this service from EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Bethesda.

So many big AAA titles like Assasin's Creed, Dishonored, Watch Dogs, Battlefield and CoD campaigns that I can't be bothered to buy individually, but I'm happy to wait 9-12 months to play.

yuraya

EA Acess is amazing.

I'd gladly pay $100/year to get this service from EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Bethesda.

So many big AAA titles like Assasin's Creed, Dishonored, Watch Dogs, Battlefield and CoD campaigns that I can't be bothered to buy individually, but I'm happy to wait 9-12 months to play.

Its baffling how other big pubs haven't done this. Such a missed opportunity especially for Ubisoft with how many games they release. EA is the only one with brains this gen. They figured out a legit consumer friendly way to make money off old games and not just let the gamestops of the world have all the fun.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
So glad I didn't buy BF1. No regrets buying TF2, though.

Woah, this seems so fast for a "tentpole" series like Battlefield 1. But definitely welcome news. Makes me reconsider buying any EA games though. Interesting in Battlefront II and NFS Payback, but it feels like they will be in the service in less than a year, I can just save my money.

VeeP

You guys will join for BF1, but will stay for TF2. Seriously, TF2 is great. Tons of free support, great responsive controls, really fun campaign and multiplayer.

borges

Banned
You guys will join for BF1, but will stay for TF2. Seriously, TF2 is great. Tons of free support, great responsive controls, really fun campaign and multiplayer.

Yeah. I bought the TF2 + B1 bundle a time ago just for BF1, and turns out I played TF2 much more. Campaign is just more fun.

VeeP

Yeah. I bought the TF2 + B1 bundle a time ago just for BF1, and turns out I played TF2 much more. Campaign is just more fun.

I bought both during BF last year, I probably played BF1 twice, and play TF2 almost every day lol. Ended up selling BF1 at the Gamester Trade-In promotion. Got more than I bought it for lol.

Keinning

Hmm, wonder if it is limited from July to September or permanent. The wording makes it seems like it's just for the summer.

Nothing entering the vault ever left. July-september is just the timeframe where they will be spacing these releases. from september to december is another batch of stuff

Flux

Really liking the news. Kind of wish ea would parse out the vault stuff more instead of blowing their load all on one day.

I mean, it's EA, so i wouldn't put my hands on fire for them but don't let the fear of something being timed stop you from getting EA/Origin Access. Most likely they will be permanent like the rest of the stuff so far.

Oh no not at all. I already have BF1 and looking forward trying out TF2. Even if it's only a couple of months. It's just that Battlefield is pretty high profile so it's surprising to see it being added to the vault after not even a year.

Keinning

Oh no not at all. I already have BF1 and looking forward trying out TF2. Even if it's only a couple of months. It's just that Battlefield is pretty high profile so it's surprising to see it being added to the vault after not even a year.

Sales probably came to a halt and they're doing that to milk a few more DLC purchases. It's a valid strategy for them now and i'm okay with that if down the line the DLCs get avaliable as well because my backlog can fill the time while i wait.

Schlorgan

What other games do they have available to add to the service? Andromeda and that is only a few months old.

Other than 360 games, they have almost their entire Xbox One lineup on EA Access.
They've been adding lots of weird stuff to Origin Access to beef up the catalog (like Pony Island, Siberia 2 and Furi).

Colbert

Banned
will TF2 get a 4K update for X1X?

Yupp.

See also http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241647141&postcount=285

Oh, and "true 4K" - whatever that means. Titanfall 2 on X1X will output at 4K and render at a multitude of resolutions depending on action. There is no such thing as needing "4K assets" to make this happen. If you're playing on high-end PC at 4K you're experiencing an extremely similar game as I'm describing. We will be playing with some detail knobs for X1X (much like how PS4 Pro has some higher details - but nothing major), but it is not "Ultra" PC settings. Specifically, since it was mentioned in here, our ambient occlusion isn't console friendly. As for those asking for higher framerates instead - consoles are limited to 60 hz because of TV displays. If you want higher framerate, play on PC! I love my 1440p 144hz GSync monitors.

Welfare

Honestly thought we would be waiting until December for these two but September is fantastic. Now I wonder when MEA is coming.

XSX

Stoked that this will allow more people to play Titanfall 2. Easily one of the best games ever made.

Top Bottom