• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Looking.forward to play a lot more.of this with my Pro. Would like to play with more players who use the mic.

Feel free to add me as a friend. PSN=GAF Name.

The Dude

Despite what any frame test shows, at least in tdm there is a difference. It's not as smooth, it was damn near perfect before the patch

Marc

Looking at the screenshots Equanimity kindly put up I have cropped out a comparison for a side by side analysis.

bf1patch1tyswo.png

If we enhance the image, it starts to become very clear...

bf1patch2ntsr8.png

Enhance.

bf1patch3c1szh.png

And there you have it, the Pro has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Thought you could slip this one in eh DICE!

The Dude

I'm in and playing currently. Just finished first map of monte grappa.. Things are cool, and so glad hellriegel is fine. Did just as good as before with it.

Redders

Its taking a longer amount of time to quit a match now even doing it as soon as the end of round screen pops up.

Few times image behind main menu hasn't loaded and is just a black screen.

Regards to frame rate it didn't seem as smooth compared to playing last night, but could be as I'm expecting it to be worse.

Anyone elses Pro running louder? Pretty sure mine is.

Man, wtf?
Will check out conquest for myself now.
Really hope they fix it and make it like before, if it's worse now.

Like, I just finished a Rush map on it and it was struggling to hit 60 FPS. I even recorded the video. Not sure what's going on but it seems to be map specfic?

I dropped in and out of other maps/operations mode and didn't see worse performance in those maps for the 2-3 minutes I played. But Argonne was immediately noticeable.

Looking at the screenshots Equanimity kindly put up I have cropped out a comparison for a side by side analysis.

https://abload.de/img/bf1patch1tyswo.png[/IMG

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/bf1patch2ntsr8.png[/IMG

[B]Enhance.[/B]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/bf1patch3c1szh.png[/IMG

And there you have it, the Pro has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Thought you could slip this one in eh DICE![/QUOTE]

!!!

bf1patch1tyswo.png

bf1patch2ntsr8.png

Enhance.

bf1patch3c1szh.png

And there you have it, the Pro has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Thought you could slip this one in eh DICE!

Disgusting show by DICE. way to treat your Pro consumers

The Dude

Its taking a longer amount of time to quit a match now even doing it as soon as the end of round screen pops up.

Few times image behind main menu hasn't loaded and is just a black screen.

Regards to frame rate it didn't seem as smooth compared to playing last night, but could be as I'm expecting it to be worse.

Anyone elses Pro running louder? Pretty sure mine is.

It's definitely not as smooth. Operations felt better, which makes no sense since it's a larger scale. But tdm felt choppy as hell.

I fucking hate how these devs fiddle with stuff, it drives me nuts

Pastry

Banned
Remember, the next patch will likely be December win the new map. I know that doesn't alleviate Pro concerns but at least it's not far away.

Also, some of y'all are acting like they intentionally fucked with the game for Pro. This was all probably unintended consequences of a change they made.

The Dude

Like I want to say that this feels like it did pre pro. When I got my pro the other day, the 4k color depth just seemed to really make everything pop. Not that it looks bad but I feel like it isn't popping as much as it was the first day I switched to a pro

Or maybe it's because I've had one to many white Russians

Redders

It's definitely not as smooth. Operations felt better, which makes no sense since it's a larger scale. But tdm felt choppy as hell.

I fucking hate how these devs fiddle with stuff, it drives me nuts

This was Rush I was playing just for a quick game. Mostly play operations though so that's some good news.

Too right, didn't notice issues on any game mode before the patch and didn't have the black screen at main menu.

The Dude

This was Rush I was playing just for a quick game. Mostly play operations though so that's some good news.

Too right, didn't notice issues on any game mode before the patch and didn't have the black screen at main menu.

Yea same with how I checked tdm, just did 2 matches prior to this operation match and damn it was not smooth at all

Damn, I hope this Pro nonsense isn't true. I specifically bought the Pro because I wanted great performance out of BF1. I didn't realize that this performance would last less than a week (IF these reports are true, that is).

5taquitos

Damn, I hope this Pro nonsense isn't true. I specifically bought the Pro because I wanted great performance out of BF1. I didn't realize that this performance would last less than a week (IF these reports are true, that is).

It's still better performance than the OG, even if it's a little worse than it was pre-patch (haven't tried it myself post-patch yet).

I don't think so, unless this happened by accident. Absolutely no mention of it in the notes.

As a heavy tank whore I agree that's a fair change, but was this in the patch notes or is this a stealth change?

I noticed that a lot before the patch though. It randomly happens to me, sometimes I hit the ground right next to the soldier for 60-70 dmg, other times 5 metres apart and he goes flying.

Nevermind, it was because I changed the tank package to the one with two HE guns on the sides. I guess they nerf the main cannon to balance it out. Switched back to the flamethrower package.

Time to go back to being unstoppable. LOL

kendrid

Banned
PC here, I had to stop overclocking my monitor to 72Hz to get the game to start. The Nvidia drivers would crash.

On Conquest having the squad leader change when the current leader doesn't issue commands is amazing. The first game I joined he refused to give orders and a minute later I was the leader. The squad followed my commands (imagine that) and we end up taking many points and winning the game. That one simple little change is going to make Conquest so much better.

MrTexor

did they change some of the stats? It seems like they changed the timed played. That made my score/min shoot up like crazy. Went from like 660 to almost 900

Nekrono

I feel for you PS4P bros, if these rumors of lower image quality and performance are true (which seems to be the case) I feel your pain but also it kinda makes sense, didn't Sony specified that performance should be the same as on the base PS4 model for multiplayer games?

It wouldn't be fair to have people with a higher FPS/cleaner image advantage playing against people without these features in the same matchmaking pool. On PC this is really not an issue as people are well aware of the limitations of their system but I don't think Sony would allow this to happen when it most certainly turn a lot of their fans against them and the console.

Yeah the extra flags did nothing. Can we just throw that map out completely please?

I was afraid of this. Instead of making it more like Zavod (long but wider map with 2 central points), they made it more like Locker 2.0.....with less cover for flanking.

But I suppose just adding a couple of capture points is easier than actually FIXING the map, since people would probably whine about patch size if they had to actually replace the map with a better version (which would be required if the geometry changed).

Redders

did they change some of the stats? It seems like they changed the timed played. That made my score/min shoot up like crazy. Went from like 660 to almost 900

Just noticed that, my play time has dropped by 17 hours. SPM up from 927 to 1217.

Wonder if this is intentional.

Edit. Just saw post above, can't remember joining that many matches halfway or so through

The Dude

I feel for you PS4P bros, if these rumors of lower image quality and performance are true (which seems to be the case) I feel your pain but also it kinda makes sense, didn't Sony specified that performance should be the same as on the base PS4 model for multiplayer games?

It wouldn't be fair to have people with a higher FPS/cleaner image advantage playing against people without these features in the same matchmaking pool. On PC this is really not an issue as people are well aware of the limitations of their system but I don't think Sony would allow this to happen when it most certainly turn a lot of their fans against them and the console.

Dude... What? That's the whole idea of the pro, if someone doesn't want to buy it then that's their prerogative. But pro users are paying for a ps4 for better performance

then pricy surround headphones, low response monitors, scrufs, mouse and keyboard adapter or decent connections with gaming routers also wouldnt be allowed online
sony allows all of those things on PSN so imo they should allow better performance on the pro

Wires on the tower actually resolve more after the patch, instead of sub-pixel breakup before patch.

That's great. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for the laughs :D

jeffc919

The before and after shots for the Pro all look good to me so that's good to see. I probably wouldn't even notice something very subtle. I hope the frame rate is still holding up. I was very happy with the improvement coming from the base PS4.

Henrar

And I can't play the game after updating and installing newest Nvidia drivers. I have a CTD as soon as the game tries to enter main menu after launch.

Nah man.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

It's already unfair because there's a massive variation on pings and display lag. I think Sony is smart enough to not doom their own new console by forcing everyone to have a blurry, choppy experience.

Vaga

No, you're not making any sense. And no, the game isn't worse than before, just placebo.

Top Bottom