• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Theorry

I've all classes to level 10 except scout, debating if I even want to attempt that lol

Just do it. I never played sniper in previous games. But i am enjoying it alot now to rank up. Sniper with iron sights, spot flares and go capping flags. Run with your team tho. I am already at 6 now. Still top 5 every round. :)

I wanna see receipts for the worse image quality claims

What I played looked more or less the same and I can't see any appreciable difference in clarity in the screenshots posted here

Lender

Euhm, everytime I try to start an operation the loading screen goes black like it always does just before loading the intro film, but then alway sends me back to the main menu. Anyone else had this happening to him or her?

The Dude

Just do it. I never played sniper in previous games. But i am enjoying it alot now to rank up. Sniper with iron sights, spot flares and go capping flags. Run with your team tho. I am already at 6 now. Still top 5 every round. :)

How do the spot flares work? If enemies run thru?

Also tdm performance seems a bit better, might of been some server side bull shit

Also tho, I did a tdm and got some map 3 times in a row lol that never happen before

Yup so after two Operations matches so far, I don't understand why they did what they did.

Attackers were not at as much of a disadvantage as DICE claimed, and now I'm just getting steamrolled as defense because of the extra tickets and quicker captures. I don't see what they solved with this.

Yup so after two Operations matches so far, I don't understand why they did what they did.

Attackers were not at as much of a disadvantage as DICE claimed, and now I'm just getting steamrolled as defense because of the extra tickets and quicker captures. I don't see what they solved with this.

They solved nothing, they just made it worse. I didnt even play it yet and i know its worse. I got creamed on defense yesterday and that was before the attacker buffs. Ridiculous changes.

Defence was already not fun to play. Theres no satisfaction from playing defence. Now, theres even less. Good job Dice.

Theorry

How do the spot flares work? If enemies run thru?

Also tdm performance seems a bit better, might of been some server side bull shit

Also tho, I did a tdm and got some map 3 times in a row lol that never happen before

Just like motion balls from BF4. Just a radius arround the flare it spots.

Fuck. Well this sucks. Fucking Dice man, dont they test this shit.

I think some people are overreacting. Its still very good overall, miles ahead of standard ps4. It's just not quite as stable as it was.

Given all the good fixes they made to the game in this patch I can forgive the performance drops briefly as long as keep working on it.

Keep in mind I haven't played anything other than conquest so maybe those really are bad.

This! It is really terrible.Did you try other modes on Argonne? Rush iis really bad there.

Haven't gotten a chance. At least most other modes/maps seem the same performance wise. It's really Argonne so far in my playtime that has received heavy performance degradation.

I wanna see receipts for the worse image quality claims

What I played looked more or less the same and I can't see any appreciable difference in clarity in the screenshots posted here

I wouldn't say worse but they implemented TAA right? It's definitely different. The character select screen is cleaner, as are a few other things. But at the same time, it has a softer look in parts. It may very well be placebo for me but I played on Argonne Forest a bunch of times and it didn't look as crisp on my 1080p TV as it did before.

Fuck. Well this sucks. Fucking Dice man, dont they test this shit.

It seems largely constrained to one map so far.

The starting support gun has a bipod now, very nice.

I've been using it exclusively since I got the game a few days ago, seems a bit more accurate now as well.

Working on my 3rd star with it, when I hit class rank 3 I may grab a different one.

Defense gets steam rolled by attackers, but attackers often simply lose operation matches cause they run out of tickets. Your team can seem to be kicking ass, but often you get to the final point and boom, it's game over.

Same thing with playing defense side, you feel overwhelmed and you feel like you are losing often, but your team often still wins.

Course now it's a matter of.... did they give too big of a buff to attackers?

Defense gets steam rolled by attackers, but attackers often simply lose operation matches cause they run out of tickets. Your team can seem to be kicking ass, but often you get to the final point and boom, it's game over.

Same thing with playing defense side, you feel overwhelmed and you feel like you are losing often, but your team often still wins.

Course now it's a matter of.... did they give too big of a buff to attackers?
I mean...yeah? That's the goddamn point. You have to play smart, conserve lives and kill retreaters when you can. I'm very unmoved by that complaint.

I just got steamrolled on Iron Walls, we didn't repel a single attack and only got them down to 112 tickets. On the second portion of the Operation, the flag at Villa Stefano was capped before I could even get to it.

The changes are garbage. The attackers didn't need both faster capping and a ton more tickets. It's ridiculous.

The Dude

I don't think I can get into sniping, I like his the LoA gun feels but I feel naked sniping. And I just don't like to hang back, I like to get on in there... Something about sniping just feels so bleh. I'll try again some more but I dunno, just not a major fan of it in any game

I mean...yeah? That's the goddamn point. You have to play smart, conserve lives and kill retreaters when you can. I'm very unmoved by that complaint.

I just got steamrolled on Iron Walls, we didn't repel a single attack and only got them down to 112 tickets. On the second portion of the Operation, the flag at Villa Stefano was capped before I could even get to it.

The changes are garbage. The attackers didn't need both faster capping and a ton more tickets. It's ridiculous.

And the worst part is yesterday (before the changes) i was getting destroyed on defense and i remember thinking "why the fuck are the spawns going down so fast??" I should love these changes....

I said it in the other thread, but they really need one map Operation modes. I don't have an hour and a half to spend on one match. And this time has probably increased now that the Attackers have been given more tickets.

The Dude

Man I without a shadow of a doubt, have to be the worst pilot in the history of this game. I can not get used to these controls, I'm tryin to turn with my right analog and it's rolling me. But I feel like I can barely turn even when I hold back on speed and turn using left analog . I'm so bad, wtf is wrong with me

I can't see shit on the ground, I have no idea how people lineup shots.

"Xfactor Gaming ‏@rivaLxfactor
Suppression getting buffed and 2 hour operation rounds are a joke right now."
I said it in the other thread, but they really need one map Operation modes. I don't have an hour and a half to spend on one match. And this time has probably increased now that the Attackers have been given more tickets.
This is actually the other problem with the Operations changes. If the teams are actually even matched, like they should be, the matches are going to take forever.

I changed the plane controls to "left handed"
It's more like ace combat now.
Controlling and rolling with the left stick, and acceleration with the right stick.

Nekrono

Dude... What? That's the whole idea of the pro, if someone doesn't want to buy it then that's their prerogative. But pro users are paying for a ps4 for better performance

then pricy surround headphones, low response monitors, scrufs, mouse and keyboard adapter or decent connections with gaming routers also wouldnt be allowed online
sony allows all of those things on PSN so imo they should allow better performance on the pro

It's already unfair because there's a massive variation on pings and display lag. I think Sony is smart enough to not doom their own new console by forcing everyone to have a blurry, choppy experience.

No, you're not making any sense. And no, the game isn't worse than before, just placebo.

Yo I'm only going by the documents that were leaked before, I'm not saying that Sony would be right in doing so. Although I really doubt they would want competitive multiplayer games to run say at 60 FPS on the Pro and 30 on the PS4. On PC it's a different story, you get what your budget allows and there isn't a one kind of hardware configuration only. In console it's been the exact opposite of this until now. Sony is probably looking to maintain the same level of equity in multiplayer games unless the have separate matchmaking for "Pro"only users so everyone has equal ground if the performance difference is meaningful enough.

Also, keep in mind that was just an example, I know the performance difference is not that big in BF1 I was just trying to explain that Sony probably would not want that. Consoles until know have had a single baseline hardware and people can expect the same performance when gaming that everyone else is getting whether it's PSN or over at Xbox Live but now there is a variation of that hardware that results in people getting a performance difference over the same network or matchmaking pool, interesting times indeed as you have two camps, one bitching about lowered/crappy performance on their new flashy console and people complaining about getting killed by people who have a more fluid and smooth experience since they are running an older model.

We'll see how Sony and the developers deal with this.

tips for getting shotgun headshots?
Use the slug shotgun with maximum zoom, and use it like a close to midrange bolt action rifle, taking care to line up those head shots.

And be prepared to lose a lot of gunfights... The slug shotgun is terrible if you miss that headshot. But, it's there only way I managed to get consistent shotgun headshots.

The Dude

Yo I'm only going by the documents that were leaked before, I'm not saying that Sony would be right in doing so. Although I really doubt they would want competitive multiplayer games to run say at 60 FPS on the Pro and 30 on the PS4. On PC it's a different story, you get what your budget allows and there isn't a one kind of hardware configuration only. In console it's been the exact opposite of this until now. Sony is probably looking to maintain the same level of equity in multiplayer games unless the have separate matchmaking for "Pro"only users so everyone has equal ground if the performance difference is meaningful enough.

Also, keep in mind that was just an example, I know the performance difference is not that big in BF1 I was just trying to explain that Sony probably would not want that. Consoles until know have had a single baseline hardware and people can expect the same performance when gaming that everyone else is getting whether it's PSN or over at Xbox Live but now there is a variation of that hardware that results in people getting a performance difference over the same network or matchmaking pool, interesting times indeed as you have two camps, one bitching about lowered/crappy performance on their new flashy console and people complaining about getting killed by people who have a more fluid and smooth experience since they are running an older model.

We'll see how Sony and the developers deal with this.

Would make absolutely no sense to sell a console based on it having better performance, and force it to run as that of those with lesser consoles.

Top Bottom