• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Review Thread

bombshell

For real? I thought it was only until the 18th, and then everything would open up. All the maps open up though, right?

No, nothing's changing with the current trial content.

What you're thinking of is deluxe and ultimate edition buyers. They can play full game from tomorrow.

Fantastic scores and great to know the campaign isn't a hot mess which was my biggest concern.

After playing the beta, positive word of mouth from Early Access and great reviews scores, I can pre-order this one comfortably now.
Can't wait to get stuck in Friday night :D

No, nothing's changing with the current trial content.

What you're thinking of is deluxe and ultimate edition buyers. They can play full game from tomorrow.

I know. I probably misread. I thought the EA Access edition would expand starting tomorrow to match the content of the deluxe edition.

Theorry

I know. I probably misread. I thought the EA Access edition would expand starting tomorrow to match the content of the deluxe edition.

You are correct. EA Access players got now also the other maps. I can play now Monte Grappa for example with EA Access.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Games going to be incredible. From what I played, it's their best campaign since BC, probably their best ever. And the multiplayer is just spot on.

bombshell

You are correct. EA Access players got now also the other maps. I can play now Monte Grappa for example with EA Access.

What? Go back and read what his first post that I replied to was about. He said that in the trial you can play all SP chapters from tomorrow. That's false.

Tall Paul

Wow!! Amazing reviews, been keeeping my unexpected Amazon refund until these hit, may grab this now and wait for GOW4 to dropl price near chimbly.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
God is a Geek - 10

http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/battlefield-1-review/

I have been so pleased with Battlefield 1. This game takes full advantage of the current gen and provides one of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had, thanks mainly to its well-written single player campaign, including such a beautiful musical score that moves you beyond words. It’s gorgeous to look at and the gameplay feels excellent, especially in the more animated sections. The multiplayer is great so far and the maps are plentiful and full of fantastic level design. DICE has made the best shooter on current gens and I can’t wait to see what they do with future updates and DLC.

EloKa

I'd like to see different reviews for the PC and console versions due to the removal of important / basic features of the PC version.

I cant wait to play this, but I want to wait til I have my ps4 pro, i remember the beta actually running pretty well on xbox one, i might break and just buy it on that, i really want to play more of this game

EloKa

What features?

Real rentable dedicated servers were removed for the first time of the Battlefield franchise. Most (casual) players won't really notice anything but eSport or any type of clanwars for online ladders or leagues are not possible anymore. Also features like ingame map-votes, kick-votes or admin tools (procon) are not possible anymore. Community based anti-cheat software like "ggc-stream" are not supported anymore since the first Battlefield 14 years ago. And the anti cheat tool provided by DICE did already fail in the early access phase.

There are many features missing that were especially important for clans that were running their own public servers or were playing Battlefield in a competitive way.

sasliquid

Any word on it the SP has at least a half respectful tone and at least doesn't paint the other side as cartoonishly evil? The struggles of representing WW1 has been my greatest concern

dancmc

looking like great reviews overall. This may be the first game in a long time where I start with MP and then go back to SP once the PS4 Pro patch hits later this year (hoping it hits on pro launch day)

Any word on it the SP has at least a half respectful tone and at least doesn't paint the other side as cartoonishly evil? The struggles of representing WW1 has been my greatest concern

Well the GameSpot review said that it showed a variety of perspectives and is emotionally effective so that's something. Don't think there's any Germans twirling their mustaches and cackling.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

[...]DICE has created a WWI anthology, telling largely unconnected stories about various men (and women) throughout the theaters of the Great War.
[...]
There’s some quippy heroics at one or two points, which is nice, honestly, because Battlefield 1 is, more often than not, pretty dark. Any heroism on display is contextualized within a conflict that had little in the way of triumph.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/17/1...-review-xbox-one-ps4-playstation-4-pc-windows

Does this help?

Haven't tried controller but I'd bet a steak dinner there is no aim assist on it.

I played it with controller last night and there isn't any aim assist, I mean it feels fine if you accept you are going to get butchered by every mouse player that's decent and gets the jump on you.

I feel like with some practice playing with the controller is FINE, but if you want to be the best then forget it.

Joaby

Neo Member
Real rentable dedicated servers were removed for the first time of the Battlefield franchise. Most (casual) players won't really notice anything but eSport or any type of clanwars for online ladders or leagues are not possible anymore. Also features like ingame map-votes, kick-votes or admin tools (procon) are not possible anymore. Community based anti-cheat software like "ggc-stream" are not supported anymore since the first Battlefield 14 years ago. And the anti cheat tool provided by DICE did already fail in the early access phase.

There are many features missing that were especially important for clans that were running their own public servers or were playing Battlefield in a competitive way.

Hey man look I worked for Australia's largest GSP for 5 years and the site I reviewed the game for is owned by that same GSP. My review (on PC) did not factor in the idea that GSPs have been muscled out. It didn't impact my experience. I don't think it impacts the experience of many reviewers, to be honest. That's not to say it's all good, or anything like that. Just that you will be disappointed if you hold out for reviews focusing on those factors.

CHC

Wow very promising reviews!

Glad they took some time and some risks on this one. Thrilled to hear the campaign(s) are actually good.

sasliquid

Machina

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;220351829 said:
I swore not to pre-order this, but the early buzz and these reviews... Battlefield, I'm back!

They're coming.....

giphy.gif

Anung

Un Rama
A Battlefield with a good campaign? Holy crap.

Been dying for a good World War campaign for years so if this delivers then :O

Top Bottom