• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Go to the storage management section under settings and download your latest save from the cloud. The game will automatically at points update your cloud save.

I had my save corrupted and lost the whole campaign 6 of the 7 levels in but luckily the cloud save was recent and I lost no progress after downloading it.

Oh shit yes! Thanks

Has anyone gotten game invites to work? Every time I try the game crashes and I would really like to, you know, play with friends. (I know EA, its totally absurd right!?)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They haven't said anything about the SP save corruption, have they? I wish I could at least pop in the game and play campaign in the meantime while they fix MP.

No Love

Banned
So I guess I shouldn't bother getting this? And should stick to Killzone and NBA 2K14? Heh. Sucks. Wanted to play with my cousin and friends.

AmyS

Update:

Got into a Conquest Lancang Dam match.- I am able to filter what server I want MUCH MUCH better for PS4 using the separate laptop for Battlelog. The filtering is CRAP on PS4 in comparison. Was able to stay long enough to HELP cause Levolution, bringing down the dam. I'll have to check my recently visited servers to see if it was the Large version of Lancang Dam Conquest.

I have found that using Battlelog on a laptop / netbook with Google Chrome is absolutely essential for playing PS4 multiplayer.

Shadybiz

Update:

Got into a Conquest Lancang Dam match.- I am able to filter what server I want MUCH MUCH better for PS4 using the separate laptop for Battlelog. The filtering is CRAP on PS4 in comparison. Was able to stay long enough to HELP cause Levolution, bringing down the dam. I'll have to check my recently visited servers to see if it was the Large version of Lancang Dam Conquest.

I have found that using Battlelog on a laptop / netbook with Google Chrome is absolutely essential for playing PS4 multiplayer.

It's good that you found a workaround...however, it's still unacceptable.

BF4: only $60!!! If you want it to work properly, you'll want a netbook/laptop as well, so add one to your cart!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So I guess I shouldn't bother getting this? And should stick to Killzone and NBA 2K14? Heh. Sucks. Wanted to play with my cousin and friends.

I have been playing fine in every mode except Conquest since the system came out. There are enough other modes to keep me busy for now. If you only want to play Conquest I would just check back in a few days (?) to see if they have it up and running then.

The game has some issues, but it is still a ton of fun.

BF4: only $60!!! If you want it to work properly, you'll want a netbook/laptop as well, so add one to your cart!

Not really a work around since you'll still crash from the game most times almost immediately but you still won't finish the round

blackflag

I have been playing fine in every mode except Conquest since the system came out. There are enough other modes to keep me busy for now. If you only want to play Conquest I would just check back in a few days (?) to see if they have it up and running then.

The game has some issues, but it is still a ton of fun.

Is anything fun besides conquest? It's the only thing I ever liked. What other modes can vehicles be used? Guess I might as well start leveling my dude and unlocking stuff.

Sorry if this has been posted. I keep getting errors and booted at the menu screen. I need to re-install the game but I bought it on psn. Do I have to delete and download the entire game again?

Sorry if this has been posted. I keep getting errors and booted at the menu screen. I need to re-install the game but I bought it on psn. Do I have to delete and download the entire game again?

press X as fast as you can when you see the "Click Option to Start" screen. Don't stop until you're in quick match then you can back out and go about it as normal. It'll skip that CE error

I want to play the campaign but im reading that some people are getting errors which makes their save files corrupted, so should i wait for a patch or just risk it.

AmyS

I agree, it's totally unacceptable. This complete an utter BS for everyone including myself. There are still plenty of crashes / getting kicked off servers randomly even connecting via battlelog on a seperate laptop/netbook (I'm sure any cheap PC will work).. It's gone from not worth bothering, to very playable but still with major problems.

My SP campaign save file still got corrupted so I had to delete it. Who knows what else isn't working. DICE better fix all of these things for everyone, ASAP.

AmyS

Another thing, when I'm on PSN in BF4 plus using the netbook to connect Origin + Battlelog, doing anything whatsoever on GAF is pretty close to impossible. I'm on XFINITY's performance plan which IIRC is not one of the plans listed for online gaming.

It's listed as 25 down / 5 up but I actually get a bit better than that according to speedtest.net results. It says 28 down / 6 up and I rarely use WiFi in my apartment, especially now, nothing is on WiFi at all.

Sony, EA/DICE, don't make me feel I need to upgrade my Comcast. My current internet should be plenty fast enough because everything else that uses WiFi (iPhone, 3DS, large laptop) is turned OFF and not taking away from my bandwidth.

Dave_6

press X as fast as you can when you see the "Click Option to Start" screen. Don't stop until you're in quick match then you can back out and go about it as normal. It'll skip that CE error

Once I do this I have been fine. Granted I can only do quick matches but I played for over two hours tonight with no other problems. Rush, Obliteration and Domination; no Conquest yet.

soxxx

Banned
Anyone else getting terrible lag? I have a crappy wifi network so im trying to figure out whos fault it is.

So I keep on getting the same crash upon startup every single time without fail, should I reinstall so I can at least get my fix by playing some Rush and Obliteration or will that not solve anything?

Edit: Nevermind I'll try that X mashing thing first.

Jack_AG

Banned
Anyone else getting terrible lag? I have a crappy wifi network so im trying to figure out whos fault it is.
No it lags for sure. Domination servers seem to be the most stable. All else lags quite a fair amount. Lots of rubber banding and stuttering.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's BF. Hell I remember all my old PC crew trying to play BF3 at launch on the PC, and how it was a virtual comedy of errors.

It's been like this FOREVER though. IDK why people suddently expect better Console PC or wherever.

Basically I've just been playing a shitton of Domination and generally having a blast being a Recon with a shotgun, T-UGS, and motion sensors basically lighting up the whole map and shooting many mens with a shotgun.

Can't wait for big Conquest to work, but I'm still having plenty of fun stuck on Domination. Zavod in particular is an absolutely phenomenal Domination map, I've had more fun in Domination there than just about anything in BF3.

Definity

I still can't play this game with any consistency at all. I tried to play earlier today and when the menu would load it would blue screen constantly.

Sean

Banned
As soon as I get to the main menu it crashes before I can even select single player. Tried again and now my save file is corrupted.

Unbelievable. What the fuck DICE/EA?

How do you get into a party with a friend and play with them? Is there really no straight forward way to stay connected with a friend through all the games you enter/leave?

see5harp

How do you get into a party with a friend and play with them? Is there really no straight forward way to stay connected with a friend through all the games you enter/leave?

Nope. Really dumb. I mean Halo 2 did it right back when most of us didn't even have pubic hair and it's not like squads are bigger than parties in that game.

Messed around with the Battlelog/PS4 server launching and it worked out alright but I was still getting booted left & right in Conquest games. Rush sometimes, while Defuse and Domination went well.

Also my Server Browser on console worked but would't show any live games, so progress I guess. Yay.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
I've played the DICE console games for a very long time starting with Bad Company 1 on the Xbox 360. This is like the first time I've experienced a COMPLETELY BROKEN multiplayer game from them....it's disgusting.

Top Bottom