• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Pop

First off the game looks amazing. However, I can't actually play it correctly due to all these crashes.

-No audio when streaming from the Ps4(major bummer for me)
-Tons of crashes
-No Conquest

And I have already lost my 3 hour campaign save cause of it getting corrupted. I'll touch this game again when they fix these things. Honestly, there shouldn't be problems like this. And wassup with no party system, makes no sense.

LogicStep

I think you as a group must start your own squad and then join/invite to your squad.. If any person from your Party is assigned to the other team, he or she must switch team to join your squad

That sounds to me like doing it manually which is what we've been trying to do. Still a little baffled that something so basic isn't in the game.

Broman1978

That sounds to me like doing it manually which is what we've been trying to do. Still a little baffled that something so basic isn't in the game.

Exactly... It worked fine in BF3 so why on earth did they removed it in BF4??
Hopefully it will be patched SOON =)

WoodWERD

Choppers are not for everyone.

Disagree, just takes a ton of patience and trying the different control schemes. I used to be that guy that crashed immediately until I found my setup. Now I can (in BF3) hover-cap flags, maneuver around cranes and duck behind buildings...love it.

Jack_AG

Banned
if you find a server with free slots, you all join the server- the game puts you on same team, switch to same squad. pretty simple (when you can find a server with 4 free slots-etc)
This would work if we were able to get in a game with the server browser. EVERY time we try we get the Commander error and are unable to join. The only way I can hit an MP game is with quick join. Can't get into any game any other way.

Jack_AG

Banned
Exactly... It worked fine in BF3 so why on earth did they removed it in BF4??
Hopefully it will be patched SOON =)
It never worked fine in BF3. Even with plenty of free slots and just 2 of us we always got split up. Many times we were split and the teams were still off by a handful of players. It made no sense.

txag2005

Banned
Unless I misunderstand the use of the phrase "next week", looks like we are in for another 7+ days of crashes and no conquest.

Update #13 (Nov 18)
PS4 STABILITY ISSUES
We are aware of the frequent crashes in Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. We are hard at work identifying these issues and are hoping to get a game update out early next week. Stay tuned for more details as we can confirm them, and thanks for your patience!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/

This would work if we were able to get in a game with the server browser. EVERY time we try we get the Commander error and are unable to join. The only way I can hit an MP game is with quick join. Can't get into any game any other way.

what game mode are you trying? obliteration matches/capture the flag and domination have several games open with half slots empty.

are you searching for games with more than 5 free slots?

Artex

Banned
I've had no problems ask weekend with multiplayer, but y only play obliteration.

I am getting the corrupt saves though. I just uploaded to the cloud to fix that though.

I actually like the campaign by the way.

Jack_AG

Banned
what game mode are you trying? obliteration matches/capture the flag and domination have several games open with half slots empty.

are you searching for games with more than 5 free slots?
Any game mode, 1-15. Unable to get in any server due to Commander bug. Its a known issue.

txag2005

Banned
Only got two crashes yesterday. Other than that it played flawlessly.

Any one else get the stupid revive bug where a person revives you twice and you can't get up? You stay in that position for the rest of the round.

I honestly have only had 3 crashes total in about 8-10 hours of gameplay. Annoying but I'm still having fun.

The bigger issue for me is the lack of a party system, and who knows if that's even being changed.

Broman1978

It never worked fine in BF3. Even with plenty of free slots and just 2 of us we always got split up. Many times we were split and the teams were still off by a handful of players. It made no sense.
I played ALOT on Xbox 360 and it worked fine 99% of the time for me and my friend.
PS3 I dont know, played that version by myself.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I played a ton of BF3 on PS3 and we relied heavily on the squad party system. It didn't always work, but it worked 95% of the time.

A bit OT but anyone know if it's possible to share Premium via Game Sharing or do I need to purchased two copies for my wife and I? I know that if I set her console as MY primary console she can play BF4 on it without her purchasing it. And I just play on "her" primary console logged in and can play BF4. But how does Premium work?

I'm in UK so can't test yet.

TheJerit

This is a hot mess, but thankfully Killzone multi has been surprisingly awesome, so I'm just going to wait this out for a bit. At this point though, they should give out the China Rising for free. Should also remove the early access for xbone, but I'm sure they can't as its probably some contract.

AmyS

Holy shit this is amazing! Battlefield 4 on PS4 and using Battlelog with my netbook.

I downloaded Chrome for my Netbook PC.. Downloaded Origin and got Battlelog for Chrome. With everything sync'd up I joined a game and while I have no idea what servers / game modes are or are not currently working, the Battlelog thing works with PS4 and a laptop / netbook / PC I joined a game using the netbook and the PS4 responded instantly.

I'm a little overwhelmed how this all works but I played for a few min and destroyed a helicopter with my tank! Having the map on my netbook is fucking GREAT!

OMG I got into a Conquest match!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Wasn't aware I was buying into the early stages of a kickstarter product.

Save file for single player was corrupted like many of you.

Can only join Rush servers, and only have seen a few of the maps in rotation. So, that's like, 4 maps with limited areas. Any time I perform really well, the game usually disconnects.

Killzone has been my saving grace. Flawless performance, so I know it can be done...

My single player campaign save disappeared last night.

Fucking EA, I wish I could return this beta piece of shit.

Go to the storage management section under settings and download your latest save from the cloud. The game will automatically at points update your cloud save.

I had my save corrupted and lost the whole campaign 6 of the 7 levels in but luckily the cloud save was recent and I lost no progress after downloading it.

dubq

I think you as a group must start your own squad and then join/invite to your squad.. If any person from your Party is assigned to the other team, he or she must switch team to join your squad

See, I can feel this if they thought about it.. but it's fucking broken as all hell. My friends and I were trying diligently to group up this weekend, but it just wouldn't work. One of us would join a game, and the others would try to follow them in.. only to be denied because the server was full, or put on the opposite team.

It's a good idea in essence, but he execution is fucking terrible. Back to BF3 style pre-match parties, plz!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Go to the storage management section under settings and download your latest save from the cloud. The game will automatically at points update your cloud save.

I had my save corrupted and lost the whole campaign 6 of the 7 levels in but luckily the cloud save was recent and I lost no progress after downloading it.

This sounds too good to be true.

::loads save.... PS4 explodes.... mushroom cloud in the form of the EA logo::

AmyS

Unless DICE has introduced major improvements to the PS4 servers and they've taken effect, for SOME reason multi player seems to be significantly better when I use Battlelog on my netbook and join matches on servers using Battlelog on the netbook.This is all new to me, but when I join on battlelog using the netbook, the PS4 responds near instantly. There are still crashes but it does not seem to be AS severe as it was without.

For the first time, I don't need to use Quick Match. Using DICE's recommended servers through Battlelog on my netbook, there are players in matches that I can join. I even managed to get into a Conquest match, although it did crash after a few min.

Will update later when I've tried this more.

EDIT:

Playing a match in Domination - Paracel Storm. I'm getting killed a lot because I'm gaming on the PS4 on my HDTV and have the Netbook with Battlelog /Battlescreen and trying to post on GAF as well. Haven't crashed for awhile.

Ellite25

Just got kicked out of two straight Rush matches. This is pretty unbelievable really. To release such a broken product and then to take their sweet time to fix is terrible.

Going to play some KZ. Game is a lot of fun and actually works.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I feel like they've intentionally gimped conquest mode because they're not ready for 64 player games, whether due to network issues or they need to work on the performance of the game first.

DoctorZ

Just got kicked out of two straight Rush matches. This is pretty unbelievable really. To release such a broken product and then to take their sweet time to fix is terrible.

Going to play some KZ. Game is a lot of fun and actually works.

I haven't gotten that far in the single player, but in lieu of BF4 I might just hop straight into KZ multiplayer as well.

So I let the game run all night and it's still stuck at 29%

is there anything I can do?
AgjqT73.jpg

I also have this problem. Fuck this shit.

AmyS

For me, being connected to Origin and using Battlelog on a non-iOS device (my Acer netbook PC with Google Chrome) for connecting to PS4 multiplayer is an ABSOLUTE MUST. The difference is going from barely playable and extremely frustrating, to very playable and much less frustrating.

I am also using hardwired ethernet LAN connections from both my PS4 and the netbook to my Comcast XFINITY gateway. No reason for me to even try it with WiFi.

Hopefully others will experience similar results.

I've only been able to try two different maps cause no other map loads. Nearly every single game gives me connection error or some stupid ass no commander slots free message. The only mode I can even get into is rush.

God EA sucks.

AmyS

Was able to get into a couple Large Conquest 64 player matches on PS4 (again, by using Battlelog on PC with Chrome) although there were only a few people there.

Managed to stay for several minutes before getting kicked from the server.

I am also going to try to delete my save file from the HDD to see if that improves things further.

Will update this post with my findings:.

Update:

Got into a Conquest Lancang Dam match.- I am able to filter what server I want MUCH MUCH better for PS4 using the separate PC for Battlelog. The filtering is CRAP on PS4 in comparison. Was able to stay long enough to HELP cause Levolution, bringing down the dam. I'll have to check my recently visited servers to see if it was the Large version of Lancang Dam Conquest.

I am using only hardwired LAN / ethernet connections for PS4 and laptop to my XFINITY gateway. I'm not going to complicate & slow things down by using WiFi.

Top Bottom