• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Rey

Glad I gameflyed this piece of shit. Granted, the 3 games I have played since this morning have been awesome. I don't buy shooters to play with randoms though. The idea that games would split people parties up last gen was unacceptable. Shipping now without basic parties is like going back two generations.

Hold up, WHAT?!! There is no squad/party system? WTF Dice? I need to calm down, I'm really pissed right now.

I was getting that Network Error last night after playing one online game. The game wouldn't start up again for the rest of the night, kept kicking me back out to the home screen of the OS. I have seen this error on NEOGAF before, I hope the game works today.

I can barely even get into Battlefield, much less actually play something. Yesterday I kept getting an error but it eventually started working, but now I'm getting the error again.

Error CE-34878-0, any official solution to this?

That is the error I got last night like 6 different times. It is a Network error of some sort, but I couldn't even play the Single Player. It was frustrating. I haven't tried today, however.

Lesson to be learned for budding AAA game developers? Cassandra and AWS are your gods.

I am not one to support litigation, but it seems like the only way to get companies like EA to respond to valid issues is to threaten with a class action lawsuit...

Unfortunately the boilerplate EULA that Americans agree to waives the right to class action. Extremely common clause now. Thankfully it's not enforceable in most of the rest of the world.

That is the error I got last night like 6 different times. It is a Network error of some sort, but I couldn't even play the Single Player. It was frustrating. I haven't tried today, however.

Press x as fast as you can while it boots up and you'll skip it

Hold up, WHAT?!! There is no squad/party system? WTF Dice? I need to calm down, I'm really pissed right now.

Yeah I can't believe this. Playing with friends has consisted of spamming x on their server until an open slot appears which usually is at the end of a round the spending the next few rounds trying to get on the same team. Then disconnect and try over

FaintDeftone

I wouldn't be so mad if I could at least play the goddamn single player until they get these issues resolved, but NOPE. The game either crashes or my progress gets corrupted, or both. EA or DICE still have not addressed this in any way either. Ridiculous.

Joco

Was going to pick up two copies of this, for me and my Son when it launches on the 29th. Not sure what to do now with all the trouble you guys are having. Thing is you only get the China maps if you pre ordered I believe

I think you still get them without preordering. I had preordered at Gamestop but when Amazon had that buy two get one free deal I quickly cancelled my preorders and bought them from there. There was still a code included for the China Rising maps, so I think it might be included in all new purchases.

Edit: Also the rubberbanding for this game was absolutely terrible last night. Strange, because I played through most of the afternoon with no problem. When I went to work and came back the game was near unplayable.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn it.

Good thing I still have Killzone and Ghosts to play.

Trouble is, all my friends got BF4 as their first PS4 game and we were all going to hop on tonight for some multiplayer.

Hopefully they come away with a good impression.

dcassell

Banned
I've played through a bit of campaign and about 5 hours of multiplayer. Constantly get kicked when trying to join conquest, but every other mode has worked just fine aside from CTF and the plane focused modes not working due to missing DLC. Is there an upcoming DLC that will activate these, or is this premium exclusive right now?

Yeah, I mean if you're the type who usually games alone, sure it's great..no need to worry about this stuff. But, I have a regular Thursday online game night with a couple of friends, so it's important that the game we play has a good matchmaking/party system.

BF3 frustrated us to no end in this regard. I'm not a CoD fanboy...I love the idea of Battlefield. It's so much fun when it works. However, we were driven to all buy Blops2 when it came out, because of the simple fact that the party system works basically 99% of the time, even with 6 people in the party.

I don't know how one company can get it so right, and the other one could fuck it up so badly.

WTF? This is back? I thought this was just something messed up from last gen? I'm getting the X1 version... I'm assuming it won't have teammates able to party up and get in the same game together as well?

Wow DICE. This is weird for a team game. You know, clans like to play together.

Grief.exe

Simcity and BF4 were some of the most fucked up game launches I have ever seen, and they both happened in the same year.

Game was obviously rushed out as a beta product in order to beat COD to market initially.

At what point does it become deplorable to even buy an EA product?

Joco

Simcity and BF4 were some of the most fucked up game launches I have ever seen, and they both happened in the same year.

Game was obviously rushed out as a beta product in order to beat COD to market initially.

When/if they fuck up the next Battlefront.

Steel

Banned

When EA stops buying up all the good studios and IPs... It's sad really.

Edit:

Holy shit don't even joke about that. Battlefront 3 must be awesome. IT HAS TO BE!

Miggytronz

Like i posted in the OT. This game is just plain unbearable right now.

Is there any truth to the Patch breaking the game?

Has DICE acknowledged any of these issues yet?

Grief.exe

At what point do we learn though?

I can look the other way on Titanfall since that is an EA Partners release, and not directly under tgeir control.

But the cycle will continue if we keep supporting them.

When EA stops buying up all the good studios... It's sad really.

I've written off Bioware this generation after their output went in the trash. How people were excited for games like ME3, ME4, or Battlefield 4 I will never know.

WTF? This is back? I thought this was just something messed up from last gen? I'm getting the X1 version... I'm assuming it won't have teammates able to party up and get in the same game together as well?

Wow DICE. This is weird for a team game. You know, clans like to play together.

that's the thing though. it won't hurt clans. they're organized and will find a low population server and all join up on one guy. this hurts the people who want things to just work like they normally do in most other modern games.

GodofWine

well..i think im returning my copy, i didnt open it for this reason. I actually thought the console launch would go decent being a closed system and having sony and ms network support. guess not.

i also would suggst gaf starting a #partysystem campaign targeting all developers of MP games (sans IW and treyarch). who woulda thought that after a decade of COD trouncing the competition based on ease of play and ease of playing with friends that this is an ignored feature.

unless...they were all told by sony and ms that the OS would handle it??

JayFalcon

Banned
The only reason I had to buy a PS4 or XBOX One early/launch was 64 player BF4 multiplayer.I have longed for it since leaving Battlefield 2 PC and moving to X360 to play COD with my friends.I am gonna wait and see what happens with the XBOX One version and if they are both full of issues I might just leave this generation alone.I have had enough of half baked games and patches.QA is rubbish in the game industry you should be ashamed.

Steel

Banned
I've written off Bioware this generation after their output went in the trash. How people were excited for games like ME3, ME4, or Battlefield 4 I will never know.

ME3 was actually good until the ending though to be fair. Ea did bring the quality down on Dragon Age II severely, but it was still fun and had an interesting story. Battlefield 4's gameplay is actually fun, I just want the matchmaking to work properly.... The fact that they're making an ME4 after ME3's ending should make me not want to buy ME4, but I'm looking forward to it despite myself. And EA is also really hard to ignore when the number of big companies making games have been shrinking down as it has for years. It's sad really.

On the topic of the battlefield 4 multiplayer issues:
I keep noting when I test my connection that I have NAT type 2. I opened the ports on PS4 that you needed to open on PS3, yet I still have NAT type 2(And sadly my router does not have a DMZ setting). Is there some port I'm missing? Can anybody with a type 1 NAT speak to whether or not the matchmaking works better with it?

Rey

DICE:

"We here at DICE cannot wait until the launch of the next-generation of console gaming. The power of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 allows us to deliver the best Battlefield experience on a console ever."

Just be ready to experience it without your friends...*facepalm*

Westonian

DICE:

"We here at DICE cannot wait until the launch of the next-generation of console gaming. The power of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 allows us to deliver the best Battlefield experience on a console ever."

Experience what? Constant crashes and corrupted save files. I've played a grand total of one round of Domination. The rest of my next-gen experience has been a futile attempt to even play the damned game.

Grief.exe

well..i think im returning my copy, i didnt open it for this reason. I actually thought the console launch would go decent being a closed system and having sony and ms network support. guess not.

i also would suggst gaf starting a #partysystem campaign targeting all developers of MP games (sans IW and treyarch). who woulda thought that after a decade of COD trouncing the competition based on ease of play and ease of playing with friends that this is an ignored feature.

unless...they were all told by sony and ms that the OS would handle it??

The 360 and PS3 are experiencing crashes and various network issues as well.

And EA is also really hard to ignore when the number of big companies making games have been shrinking down as it has for years. It's sad really.

The majority of AAA have been targeted at the lowest common denominator over the last several years. We aren't even the target demographic for these games anymore, so why worry about how many are being produced?

Im expecting launch day for us UK players to be an absolute fuck fest. Really looking forward to jumping into MP but expecting a long wait before its playable.

for sure

good thing I didn't buy it on PC or PS4. I was going to buy both versions

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DICE:

Fixed

"We here at DICE cannot wait until the launch of the next-generation of console gaming. The power of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 allows us to deliver an even shittier Battlefield launch experience. Supporting console only features like corrupted saves and lack of conquest mode."

meppi

Bah. I'm cancelling my order for this and go with KZ as my fps MP of choice.
Will pick bf up down the line when it hits sub €30 and has received 4 patches that perhaps have mad ethic crap somewhat playable.

FFS DICE/EA. I'm thinking of not pickup up any of their gems anymore till they hit the bargain bin and sell for €20 max. Companies such as this just don't deserve the support of it's fans.

Rey

Experience what? Constant crashes and corrupted save files. I've played a grand total of one round of Domination. The rest of my next-gen experience has been a futile attempt to even play the damned game.

Its ridiculous man. Its the same shit every Battlefield game.
Is anybody from the major gaming website saying anything about these issues and did DICE respond to this?

Grief.exe

Its ridiculous man. Its the same shit every Battlefield game.
Is anybody from the major gaming website saying anything about these issues and did DICE respond to this?

Mainstream media is motivated to continue the status quo. I haven't even seen a single report on this, but I may have missed it.

Journalists prefer to poke fun at us or make sarcastic remarks when we take issue with anti-consumer practices.
If you want to get your blood pressure up go read Arthur Gies Twitter.

At least in the PC version if you join a friend it seems like 90% of the time it will put you on his team, even if his team is full. The odd chance you don't get on his team it puts you in a queue that will put you on his team at the first chance.

This has been my experience on PS4 as well. It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to even join my buddy's game, but after that it was pretty smooth sailing.

What I find so incredibly odd, is that BF4 is so much in line with BF3, it's practically the same game with some changed mechanics and added features, how could it present such a monstrous challenge technically to solve?

I mean, I can understand the hickups on PCs, but consoles are standardized, universal hardware, stability and reliability should be way easier and quicker achieved through those platforms?

Maybe it's just the fact that the game was pushed out the door by the publisher. I can also imagine a game with such a big scope being a gigantic mission to develop for across so many platforms, PS3, 360, PC, PS4, Xbox One.

TheMan

Seems like every launch of an online game is marred by connection issues, largely due to servers being overwhelmed. There must be an opportunity for a company to offer server rentals that would allow this sort of thing to be alleviated.

SHADES

It pains me as much as the next guy as I love Battlefield & hearing all the issues BF4 on PS4 is having puts me at unrest but I do think we need to take stock here a little.

The console launched just 2days ago & over a weekend period also DICE won't have had the opportunity to stress test BF4 servers over such a scale as this launch so I do feel we should give them a little time to address these issues, but a statement from them regarding said issues wouldn't go a miss either.

I'd be willing to cut them some slack if it wasn't already broken on every other platform, and if they hadn't done the same thing with every BF launch for the last 5 years

edit: I'm not saying I expect it to be at 100% on launch day, but the state this is in is pretty dire.

see5harp

Hey!! I actually got to play a little campaign this morning. Not great but at least it had some wow factor. Game looks really good, even at 900p.

SHADES

I'd be willing to cut them some slack if it wasn't already broken on every other platform, and if they hadn't done the same thing with every BF launch for the last 5 years

edit: I'm not saying I expect it to be at 100% on launch day, but the state this is in is pretty dire.

Agreed, other platforms have had it just as bad but I do hope/believe its all part of the same problem, not enough time/tried to do too much/bad port downs to last gen.

Its not been DICE's finest hour by far but BF3 came good for the most part so I'm willing to hang in there, but if they don't fix BF4 in a reasonable amount of time then this will be my last :-(

fritolay

This was just posted on battlelog for BF4...

WE ARE DEPLOYING A NEW SERVER TO THE PLAYSTATION 4 PLATFORM, YOU MAY BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR SESSION AS SERVERS ARE RESTARTING TO APPLY THE PATCH. THIS PATCH ADDRESS SOME SERVER STABILITY ISSUES.

EDIT: I hope the XBOX One version of the game won't have same issues as PS4 with not being able to play conquest.

Steel

Banned
This was just posted on battlelog for BF4...

WE ARE DEPLOYING A NEW SERVER TO THE PLAYSTATION 4 PLATFORM, YOU MAY BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR SESSION AS SERVERS ARE RESTARTING TO APPLY THE PATCH. THIS PATCH ADDRESS SOME SERVER STABILITY ISSUES.

Really hoping this works. Didn't see the same thing myself though.

Westonian

It pains me as much as the next guy as I love Battlefield & hearing all the issues BF4 on PS4 is having puts me at unrest but I do think we need to take stock here a little.

The console launched just 2days ago & over a weekend period also DICE won't have had the opportunity to stress test BF4 servers over such a scale as this launch so I do feel we should give them a little time to address these issues, but a statement from them regarding said issues wouldn't go a miss either.
Normally I would agree, and I've been pretty understanding of the psn outage. But KZ is having no such issues. Neither is Ghosts. And even if those games are experiencing server issues I could at least part their single player campaigns. BF4 is completely broken for me, and there is zero excuse for that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
xhbhVcr.jpg

: |

Been playing all weekend and have yet to see Rogue Transmission, Siege of Shanghai, or Lancang Dam. The closest I have gotten is the loading screen. Then it crashes and switches to another map.

EDIT: Just got into a conquest game on Flood Zone but there is only one other player. Progress?????

J-Rzez

I'd be leery of this being a Sony issue considering how badly DICE and EA screwed PC gamers over with the terrible issues its plagued with. Its a shame because the games fantastic when its playing like it should.

I'd be leery of this being a Sony issue considering how badly DICE and EA screwed PC gamers over with the terrible issues its plagued with. Its a shame because the games fantastic when its playing like it should.

it's probably just an EA thing. their next gen offering isn't quite ready. give them 3 more years.

todd360

Imagine if the patch they make just gets rid of conquest as a multiplayer option. Then when people bitch they try to act like conquest never existed. That would be funny. Would suck though.

Top Bottom